The Game Gadget

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

kiwimike

Re: The Game Gadget

Post by kiwimike » Sun May 27, 2012 3:41 am

lemonjellydude wrote:
alistair_thomas wrote:Just been on the 'new' forums and seen the 'welcome' topic - what a disgrace!

A user posts a reasonably worded post expressing his concerns only to be met with the likes of 'you won't be warned again', 'don't let the door hit you on the way out' and 'Rome wasn't built in a day'.

Fair enough, but Rome was not released to the public two weeks before it could be used, given (to date) a selection of games already available on cheap handhelds (from the same company), shut down its favebook page and removed any evidence of disgruntled customers.

I'm never normally harsh, but Blaze can go censored themselves - here's one (of many I'm sure) potential customer you have lost.
That person was actually me!! I really was stunned by that reply and thats what prompted me to file for a refund.
I have been a GG owner from day 1 and it has really been the worst experience for me as a keen retro gamer and consumer.
Things were bad before and when they said they were handing the project to another team, I really thought well this could finally be it!! only to be told to p*** off by the people that run the forum.
Really shocked me how a company hoping to make money is quite happy to tell people to p*** off. I have never bought a product before to be told by the company themselves they want me to go elsewhere!! shocking!!
DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely mate, stuck up for you there I was was genuinely shocked by the arrogant response you got to what was a very reasonable and fair question. I won't be buying one now on principle regardless where it goes-and because of that I will not support Blaze in any way whatsoever in future. They really do not deserve success at all with this attitude to customers complaints-which lets be honest- is due to their own overhyping of a product and inept performance.
I hope many others feel this way and return their product, along with a strong message as to why. ****ing utter disgrace.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun May 27, 2012 4:06 am

Lol, just had a look at the site- Yep, my verbal spray was just nicely deleted...I expected a warning about it!
So I left another one, and told em when they finished deleting it delete my account as well.

It is amazing how many new members have suddenly popped on praising their GGs and happy 'The moaners have gone...' :wink: Do they really think that tactic will fool anyone? :lol:

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:50 am

^ They may as well go the whole hog and just call the forum "Pravda"! :wink:

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun May 27, 2012 5:12 am

My final act on that forum was to email requesting my membership is deleted and I'm taken off their mailing list. I went to email Mark to express my disgust in general, and found the earlier address no longer works! :shock:
I just can't get over this, it's just ****ing terrible PR, it must be desperation point for them. But I'm so ****ed off with their arrogance, thinking about asking trade standards to look at their advertising hype in regard to whats delivered, test for real how misleading it is.

But- as many have said- Avoid this like the Plague. Personally I won't go near another Blaze product at all after this.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun May 27, 2012 7:08 am

kiwimike wrote:... Personally I won't go near another Blaze product at all after this.
+1

Not that I've ever bought any of Blaze's tat anyway!
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

lemonjellydude

Post by lemonjellydude » Sun May 27, 2012 7:30 am

kiwimike wrote:
lemonjellydude wrote:
alistair_thomas wrote:Just been on the 'new' forums and seen the 'welcome' topic - what a disgrace!

A user posts a reasonably worded post expressing his concerns only to be met with the likes of 'you won't be warned again', 'don't let the door hit you on the way out' and 'Rome wasn't built in a day'.

Fair enough, but Rome was not released to the public two weeks before it could be used, given (to date) a selection of games already available on cheap handhelds (from the same company), shut down its favebook page and removed any evidence of disgruntled customers.

I'm never normally harsh, but Blaze can go censored themselves - here's one (of many I'm sure) potential customer you have lost.
That person was actually me!! I really was stunned by that reply and thats what prompted me to file for a refund.
I have been a GG owner from day 1 and it has really been the worst experience for me as a keen retro gamer and consumer.
Things were bad before and when they said they were handing the project to another team, I really thought well this could finally be it!! only to be told to p*** off by the people that run the forum.
Really shocked me how a company hoping to make money is quite happy to tell people to p*** off. I have never bought a product before to be told by the company themselves they want me to go elsewhere!! shocking!!
DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely mate, stuck up for you there I was was genuinely shocked by the arrogant response you got to what was a very reasonable and fair question. I won't be buying one now on principle regardless where it goes-and because of that I will not support Blaze in any way whatsoever in future. They really do not deserve success at all with this attitude to customers complaints-which lets be honest- is due to their own overhyping of a product and inept performance.
I hope many others feel this way and return their product, along with a strong message as to why. ****ing utter disgrace.
Cheers dude! its re-assuring to know that their terrible product is getting peoplev talking and its important that people know the truth!
I wonder if Retrogamer magazine are going to do an article on it? they definetly should, I would and many others I'm sure would be happy to share their experiences!

retrosofer

Post by retrosofer » Sun May 27, 2012 12:32 pm

This is really bad, cant believe they would resort to such tactics, how much bigger of a f*** *** could a company give to its paying customers. But what they seem to forget is that gamers are a smart lot when it comes to purchases and shopping around, so expect Blaze to sink pretty fast after this, and its their own stupid fault to.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun May 27, 2012 4:07 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
kiwimike wrote:... Personally I won't go near another Blaze product at all after this.
+1

tbh, I haven't either... :lol:

To quote Steve Weibe from King of Kong..."It's not even about the game anymore..."

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun May 27, 2012 8:03 pm

kiwimike wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:
+1

tbh, I haven't either... :lol:

To quote Steve Weibe from King of Kong..."It's not even about the game anymore..."
Keeping the The King of Kong theme going, to paraphrase a line from it,

Brian Kuh: If anybody wants to see, there's a Blaze kill screen coming up.

:lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon May 28, 2012 1:17 am

lemonjellydude wrote: I'm never normally harsh, but Blaze can go censored themselves - here's one (of many I'm sure) potential customer you have lost.
[/quote]
Cheers dude! its re-assuring to know that their terrible product is getting peoplev talking and its important that people know the truth!
I wonder if Retrogamer magazine are going to do an article on it? they definetly should, I would and many others I'm sure would be happy to share their experiences![/quote]

Yeah man, that thought crossed my mind. I was thinking about those 'mag reviews' they have on game gadgets home page- raving about the concept of it. Of course, those publications were only going by the hype the company themselves told them. I was thinking of emailing those mags suggesting they do an update- and bringing them up to speed- on the difference between the idea, hype, and reality. And their attitude and efforts to stifle customers telling others how bad it is. Might suggest that on the feedback page here.
Of course, there is that theory that any publicity is good publicity- so maybe you'd be doing them a favour! But still, people do have a right to know what is advertised and what they get are two totally different things. The GG might be okay for someone that just wants an open sourced machine to do their own thing on-but not if you want that 'itunes style store.' And only okay if you want to be not the slightly bit anti about it, or dare to ask for what was promised...Might go okay in North Korea I guess... :lol:

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon May 28, 2012 1:21 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Keeping the The King of Kong theme going, to paraphrase a line from it,

Brian Kuh: If anybody wants to see, there's a Blaze kill screen coming up.

:lol:[/quote]

:lol: I'd be into that!
Oh yeah, it's on, B*tch!

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon May 28, 2012 1:44 am

kiwimike wrote:My final act on that forum was to email requesting my membership is deleted and I'm taken off their mailing list. I went to email Mark to express my disgust in general, and found the earlier address no longer works! :shock:
Okay this was my fault, emailling his Blaze email address rather than his GG address :oops: So will send him an email tonight, expressing how disappointed I am with the attitude to their customers they've decided to take. IMO it is almost like they are taking out their own ineptitude on their customers who are savvy enough to keep up keeping them honest to what they've hyped.

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon May 28, 2012 3:39 am

hey! i got banned today just for saying the truth about what kind of people they are!

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon May 28, 2012 3:59 am

[QUOTE=xploderadmin;710]Allow me to introduce myself, I am one of the twonks for the GameGadget.

I know a lot of you may have come over here from the Facebook page, and some of you may be wondering why we have shut it down and moved everybody to these forums, we did that because we are faceless tools who cant handle criticism and ban people for saying what they feel about our already failing console and try to cover up the truth.

We feel that we can offer more support in a structured way using these forums by being rude to customers and banning people without reason, to help people get the best out of their gamegadget before throwing it in the trash!.

The GameGadget platform is in it's infancylike most of us who work here, and believe me we are working everyday to make it bigger and better every day like our ego which is on a power trip with deleting posts and banning users.
It has taken longer than expected to get more publishers on board but this will come in time, and if you believe us then haha you are all censored morons!

Xploder Ltd has taken over distribution of the GameGadget and this is bad news for developers and casual users alike, because blaze have done the right thing by dumping this rubbish onto us so they dont go into liquidation.

But if you want to come and moan about everything then your stay in these forums will be a short one, because we dont know how to deal with customer complaints and would rather hide the issue that someone is having.

We are looking for people interested in making the platform better and offering support (good joke), and If you think you can help us achieve nothing please post below, I am looking for moderators to help kick start this dwindling community (well it wont grow if we keep deleting and banning people will it!)

Remember :-
No Swearing
No Flaming
Be nice, as long as you dont expect us to be nice of course, we enjoy being rude to customers!
Be positive

We are working hard but Rome wasn't built in a day, the GG was built in 3 months, released with another month to wait before anyone could use the thing and when we did release the software it was full of censored!

The platform will fail miserably and this is where it will happen.

All the worst[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha!!!!

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon May 28, 2012 5:17 am

You're my new hero and made coffee come out of my nose! :lol: ****ing brilliant post, I must have been too polite and only got deleted! :lol: