The Game Gadget

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

kiwimike

Re: The Game Gadget

Post by kiwimike » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:52 pm

lemonjellydude wrote:
zapiy wrote:Is the news on the Eurogamer site been confirmed as real as i am struggling to clarify it anyway..
No idea but I feel like it probably isnt true as it just seems insane they are thinking of relaunching it, the pocket GG could be real because i seem to remember seeing some trailer where they were trying to flog it in the US and some scantily clad lady showed a keyring type think based on the GG.
But i think in all real honesty it just seems like more lies. The fact it was supposidely relaunched in november has NOT happened so it does provide any faith in restoring any miniscule amount of hope in the company.
At the very least if any of that was true you would expect them to put something on there website.........
Yes I do remember that...back in the days when the forum was going (the only thing is the entire mess that worked :lol: ) they had a link to E3 was it(?)- some show in the US anyway...where various gg units were being shown off, including some little keyring one. It wouldn't be those group of things would it, bringing em over to the UK and launching there as well?
But honestly, who would know for sure? Eurogamers feature is only going by (yet another) PR person who didn't even have the nads to be named. Jason himself, the main honcho behind this fiasco...hmmm, I was going to write something else but I'll stop myself and simply say he should be more upfront and honourable.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:15 am

...And their forum STILL down, in their words 'at the moment while we test some functionality...we will be back shortly.'

That's been up for weeks. Jeeee sus.

RG, please follow Eurogamers lead and cover this mess in the mag with a buyer beware- And even add the tried to help them in the RG forum story! Someone in the media has to get Jason front and center to explain the mess piece by piece, rather than have him hiding under his desk while he sends another flunky out with 'PR GUY' written on his hat

***Edited to add on- Was reading some comments on the Eurogamer coverage of the gg update feature, and stopped to have a flick through it- Their forum has been down since the week before the Eurogamer feature came out (Late Oct), and the 'gg 1.1' is launched, according to the (unnamed) PR guy being interviewed, Nov 14th, absolutely for sure.

It really is hard to work out whether they BS and lie intentionally, or whether they are just so out and out bumblingly incompetant it just looks that way... :lol:

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:15 pm

A site called Calmdowntom.com has now posted (Late Nov) a scathing review of the gg. In the meantime their forum will still be 'back shortly.'

Keep at them, gaming media. Keep these guys honest, and don't stop. Do I have an axe to grind? 'Kin oath I do. These guys have got away with blue bloody murder with misleading advertising and hype, still selling them when (as this reviews shows) they still do not function properly let alone the 'itunes of gaming' fiasco, and front man Jason still does not have the nads to front up, preferring to send PR person after PR person.

ulala

Post by ulala » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:27 am

yes, the fact that they are still selling is an utter disgrace.

its time RG had an expose

lemonjellydude

Post by lemonjellydude » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:50 am

I wonder what sales are currently like? im guessing 0!!! :lol:
all lies lies lies!!! does anyone close to a GG source have anymore info? and does anyone know if forum still down?

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:13 pm

lemonjellydude wrote:I wonder what sales are currently like? im guessing 0!!! :lol:
all lies lies lies!!! does anyone close to a GG source have anymore info? and does anyone know if forum still down?
Just checked then...the board will be back shortly...like they attend to service tickets quickly :lol:

lemonjellydude

Post by lemonjellydude » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:11 am

I Actually was checking some old emails the other day and noticed I had a 'happy birthday' message from game gadget.......still that was way before they dissapeared off the radar altogether and of course was some auto generated email! still made me chuckle though!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 am

kiwimike wrote:... Was reading some comments on the Eurogamer coverage of the gg update feature, and stopped to have a flick through it- Their forum has been down since the week before the Eurogamer feature came out (Late Oct), and the 'gg 1.1' is launched, according to the (unnamed) PR guy being interviewed, Nov 14th, absolutely for sure.

It really is hard to work out whether they BS and lie intentionally, or whether they are just so out and out bumblingly incompetant it just looks that way... :lol:
So did the LameGadget 1.1 make that November 14th launch date or has it since been released?

I have to say I'm looking forward to it about as much as the next Final Fantasy, Pokémon, WWE, Mario and Zelda games...
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

lemonjellydude

Post by lemonjellydude » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:56 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
kiwimike wrote:... Was reading some comments on the Eurogamer coverage of the gg update feature, and stopped to have a flick through it- Their forum has been down since the week before the Eurogamer feature came out (Late Oct), and the 'gg 1.1' is launched, according to the (unnamed) PR guy being interviewed, Nov 14th, absolutely for sure.

So did the LameGadget 1.1 make that November 14th launch date or has it since been released?

I have to say I'm looking forward to it about as much as the next Final Fantasy, Pokémon, WWE, Mario and Zelda games...
Im guessing this isnt a serious question as Im sure the answer is obvious but just in case.....nope nothing has been launched, no update on there website and no forum....so unless there planning an assualt in 2013 which im sure would have no impact whatsoever. I think perhaps this is a sign that the GG is Dead!
Not that it was ever alive in the first place...lol!! :lol:

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:07 pm

lemonjellydude wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:

Im guessing this isnt a serious question as Im sure the answer is obvious but just in case.....nope nothing has been launched, no update on there website and no forum....so unless there planning an assualt in 2013 which im sure would have no impact whatsoever. I think perhaps this is a sign that the GG is Dead!
Not that it was ever alive in the first place...lol!! :lol:
:mrgreen: Well, it was s genuine question insofar as I reasoned LameGadget 1.1 hadn't been released yet but I thought to ask anyway just in case the wretched thing was 'soon' to be released... according to the assurances of the ever reliable PR folk at Blaze/Xploder or whoever else might have taken on the poisoned chalice since.

Call me a cynic... but what odds an imminent announcement from them that the LameGadget 1.1 was cancelled in favour of the revolutionary upcoming LameGadget 1.2? :roll: :lol:

LameGadget 1.3 will naturally be 'the iPad of retro gaming'... :wink:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

lemonjellydude

Post by lemonjellydude » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:04 am

I dont think anything could possibly make the GG work here, the only way that would happen is is if it actually delivered. but! that is obviosily never gonna happen now! the fact they havent even bothered to update there price on there own website to the last price it was (£60) shows how serious they are.
The fact there own forum has been down forerver and will probably never come back.....shows how serious they are!!
customer service? or lack of ,,,,,shows how seriosu they are!!
Please someone make them take there website down or at least make them admit this thing is over!!!! we all know it is!!

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:07 pm

lemonjellydude wrote:I dont think anything could possibly make the GG work here, the only way that would happen is is if it actually delivered. but! that is obviosily never gonna happen now! the fact they havent even bothered to update there price on there own website to the last price it was (£60) shows how serious they are.
The fact there own forum has been down forerver and will probably never come back.....shows how serious they are!!
customer service? or lack of ,,,,,shows how seriosu they are!!
Please someone make them take there website down or at least make them admit this thing is over!!!! we all know it is!!
Gaming Media- Keep at the lying so and sos and don't let them away with this sort of thing. They keep contradicting themselves, breaking their own promises and deadlines, yet STILL don't feel all the criticism is justified. FFS.
Eurogamer- If you're reading this, you guys have been best at keeping them honest. Hit Jason up again, shame him to front.

fujiHunter

Post by fujiHunter » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:58 am

kiwimike wrote: Gaming Media- Keep at the lying so and sos and don't let them away with this sort of thing. They keep contradicting themselves, breaking their own promises and deadlines, yet STILL don't feel all the criticism is justified. FFS.
Eurogamer- If you're reading this, you guys have been best at keeping them honest. Hit Jason up again, shame him to front.
Does this count?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... hereabouts

An interesting article from Eurogamer (again) on the delay of the NeoGeo X Gold. This one just happens to include a new (short) quote from Jason on Blaze's Game Gadget experience.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:41 pm

fujiHunter wrote:
kiwimike wrote: Gaming Media- Keep at the lying so and sos and don't let them away with this sort of thing. They keep contradicting themselves, breaking their own promises and deadlines, yet STILL don't feel all the criticism is justified. FFS.
Does this count?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... hereabouts

An interesting article from Eurogamer (again) on the delay of the NeoGeo X Gold. This one just happens to include a new (short) quote from Jason on Blaze's Game Gadget experience.
Thanks for that, that's interesting. So that guy does front when it suits him (ie he has something else to plug).

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:14 am

I know it was only a short quote, but it really sounded like the Gamegadget is done - you would think they would at least say so on their own website?