The Game Gadget

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Antiriad2097

Re: The Game Gadget

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:34 am

kiwimike wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:Image
...And I'll be his age when the first Amiga game appears on the GG... :wink:
Only 6 years away for me! :shock:
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue May 29, 2012 12:27 pm

kiwimike wrote:Emailled Games Master mag and suggested an update to their initial review too.
And noticed a guy from Eurogamer has appeared on the GG forum looking to borrow a machine for a review, as Blaze has not got back to them... :lol:
Better be a good review or he'll get banned as well... :wink:
The guy could always visit Blaze's offices in person...

Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Tue May 29, 2012 2:58 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
kiwimike wrote:Emailled Games Master mag and suggested an update to their initial review too.
And noticed a guy from Eurogamer has appeared on the GG forum looking to borrow a machine for a review, as Blaze has not got back to them... :lol:
Better be a good review or he'll get banned as well... :wink:
The guy could always visit Blaze's offices in person...

:lol: They are now the Wil Weaton to my Sheldon...

fujiHunter

Post by fujiHunter » Tue May 29, 2012 3:53 pm

lemonjellydude wrote: That person was actually me!! I really was stunned by that reply and thats what prompted me to file for a refund.
I have been a GG owner from day 1 and it has really been the worst experience for me as a keen retro gamer and consumer.
Things were bad before and when they said they were handing the project to another team, I really thought well this could finally be it!! only to be told to p*** off by the people that run the forum.
Really shocked me how a company hoping to make money is quite happy to tell people to p*** off. I have never bought a product before to be told by the company themselves they want me to go elsewhere!! shocking!!
DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!
You've been busy I see. :)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blaze-GameGadge ... 949&sr=1-1

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu May 31, 2012 2:08 am

Ash from Games TM emailed me...Blaze had sent them a GG to review. Surprise surprise-This particular unit was loaded with emulator games on the SD card. Atari 2600, Gameboy titles, etc etc.
They asked me if this was a normal thing to get with your GG, and how to get them to go? I sent them Subzeros way as I have no idea about emulators and the like-that's why we wanted the store download thing in the first place!!!! :lol:
But hmm...no I don't think it's normal to get SD cards chocca with games over various systems with the GG...is it? :wink:

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Thu May 31, 2012 3:22 am

Were they commercial games?

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:50 am

And now I see a glowing five star review has appeared on Amazon, complete with the comment about people moaning and being impatient, and how wonderful it is that emulators can be put on the thing, sounds an awful lot like the Admin on the Game gadget forum. in fact I could be a bit cynical here, but the only other review the guy has ever done is for another blaze product, the 15-in-1 Megadrive, three years ago, I have flagged it as unhelpful.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu May 31, 2012 5:03 am

Give me a min ill put up a review on there

subzero

Post by subzero » Thu May 31, 2012 5:40 am

popped a little review on amazon myself...hope it gets published.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu May 31, 2012 5:41 am

Unlikely mine will due to amount of times the word "arse" was used

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu May 31, 2012 6:04 am

Yeah, added my own, and commented on the glowing review for good measure...

Got an email back from Games tm, I didn't expect them to email me back with updates, really nice of them.
They got their emulators going, thought it was good, but kind of pointless to have an itunes style store when the emulators are there anyway- so could kind of understand why publishers won't go near it...
...You know, I could kick myself really, but that's such an obvious point!

rft

Post by rft » Thu May 31, 2012 6:13 am

It's a Blaze guy who does all the reviews. He's registered with xploder.net, part of Blaze.

http://whois.domaintools.com/xploder.net

subzero

Post by subzero » Thu May 31, 2012 6:19 am

kiwimike wrote:Yeah, added my own, and commented on the glowing review for good measure...

Got an email back from Games tm, I didn't expect them to email me back with updates, really nice of them.
They got their emulators going, thought it was good, but kind of pointless to have an itunes style store when the emulators are there anyway- so could kind of understand why publishers won't go near it...

they didnt contact me though! pffft

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu May 31, 2012 6:26 am

rft wrote:It's a Blaze guy who does all the reviews. He's registered with xploder.net, part of Blaze.

http://whois.domaintools.com/xploder.net
Am I allowed to point that out in a comment by the review? Hmm, too late :lol:

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu May 31, 2012 6:28 am

subzero wrote:
kiwimike wrote:Yeah, added my own, and commented on the glowing review for good measure...

they didnt contact me though! pffft
Yeah, Ashley mentioned that. They were about to email you when they worked it out by accident! I couldn't help them with emulation stuff, not knowing censored from clay myself... :lol: