For Retro fans not interested in the Next Gen.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

shiftytigger

Re: For Retro fans not interested in the Next Gen.

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Translation couldn't have been that difficult and I'm sure If they had given it to us there would have been a market but as is so often the case sadly not to be.

I cant imagine Fantasy Zone or Monster World collections would have taken much translating.

There is a lot of history , good and bad in these collections and a lot has been made available in other ways. It's not the end of the world as I have most of the stuff anyway , just a convenience matter. Surely bunging together a half arsed megadrive selection wasn't difficult - making a more comprehensive MD collection available on a blu ray wouldn't cost the earth or take long either ( ok it would miss the third party/licensed stuff).

Not all is lost as posted elsewhere -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... on-spotted

these things can be done in whatever form.Still want to know when Power Drift becomes available.

Misery

Post by Misery » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:51 am

DigitalDuck wrote:
Jonboy1977 wrote:The question is, are you man enough to do the same.
The question is, are you a bad enough dude to save the president?

Do you think we could maybe have ONE WEEK where there isn't a thread that devolves into squabbling? Please? I'm finding myself ignoring so many users there are whole PAGES where I don't see any posts.

It's an internet forum. And a gaming forum. Arguements/debates happen. It dont mean anyone really DISLIKES anyone else. This really is generally a pleasant place.

Might wanna consider holding back on the block button there. An outburst or bit of flaming in an arguement doesnt make someone a bad person, it just means they're really irked and may need to step away for awhile. They could be in a bad mood due to having a bad day IRL for all you know. Seems a damn silly reason to jump on the block button. The bit where you can go PAGES without seeing stuff might be a hint there.

Of course I say this wondering wether or not you'll actually see it.

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Misery wrote:It's an internet forum. And a gaming forum. Arguements/debates happen. It dont mean anyone really DISLIKES anyone else. This really is generally a pleasant place.

Might wanna consider holding back on the block button there. An outburst or bit of flaming in an arguement doesnt make someone a bad person, it just means they're really irked and may need to step away for awhile. They could be in a bad mood due to having a bad day IRL for all you know. Seems a damn silly reason to jump on the block button. The bit where you can go PAGES without seeing stuff might be a hint there.

Of course I say this wondering wether or not you'll actually see it.
I think you're underestimating me. I'm not blocking people whose opinion I disagree with, or people who have had a bad day - I agree, that's stupid. I usually end up arguing with the people who have had a bad day...

I'm blocking people who continually flame other people's opinions, day in, day out. And without naming anybody, in recent memory there have been pages consisting of four such users all trying to flame each other.
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:21 pm

DigitalDuck wrote:I'm blocking people who continually flame other people's opinions, day in, day out. And without naming anybody, in recent memory there have been pages consisting of four such users all trying to flame each other.
Two of which were the same person trying to cause trouble.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Jagfest_UK wrote:
DigitalDuck wrote:I'm blocking people who continually flame other people's opinions, day in, day out. And without naming anybody, in recent memory there have been pages consisting of four such users all trying to flame each other.
Two of which were the same person trying to cause trouble.
Precisely. DigitalDuck was right at the forefront when it came to defending Jonboy1977 (CaptainN) when the guy first rocked up here with the clear (to some of us, at least) intention of causing maximum trouble from the get-go. Things turned out just as I knew they would with Jonboy1977 being exposed for what he was.

However, not one of the three or four forum members who attacked me in that thread back on February 26th for refusing to back down against Jonboy1977's nonsense has had the good grace to send a simple apology via PM. I won't be holding my breath...
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Sigh.

Look guys, this is why you're on my block list (and, just in the interests of balance, so was Jonboy and his alter ego). Yes, he was trying to cause trouble. The reason I was defending Jonboy in that thread was because you two had initiated the attack in that thread, and he had been a genuine user for a while before that, so I assumed he was having a bad day when he'd kicked off in a different thread. But all three of you have been attacking other people's opinions (and the fact that you two successfully recognised who I was talking about suggests that you're fully aware you're doing it).

My post was not intended to be inflammatory, and the very reason I ignore posts like these is because it's very rarely helpful, and incredibly annoying. I'm fed up of seeing insults being thrown backwards and forwards, so rather than let it annoy me, I'd rather just not see it instead.

Thank you for reading. Now, let's all get on with our lives, shall we?

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Actually he had only just joined the forum and started trolling people from the start, some of us were just quicker to see through it. That wasn't the only thread where he had attacked us / other people. But let's not let facts cloud the issue eh?

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Jagfest_UK wrote:... But let's not let facts cloud the issue eh?
Spot-on, mate.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Fuck this. It was a mistake coming back to this forum. Despite just telling The Joker and his lackey about attacking other people, they continue to do it!

So, bye. Hope you enjoyed pissing me off. I don't imagine I'm the only one fed up with this crap, I can see other people in the past have left for similar reasons.

Mods, you should have banned the four of them.

So long, and thanks for all the shit.

2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:37 pm

DigitalDuck wrote:Fuck this. It was a mistake coming back to this forum. Despite just telling The Joker and his lackey about attacking other people, they continue to do it!
No, please go back and read the brief sequence of posts.

You will clearly see that it was in fact you who re-opened this can of worms by making a very thinly veiled attack on me (and Jagfest_UK) that was painfully clear to see... albeit that you didn't have the guts to actually name names.

I sought to address the swipe you took, as is my right, and now you've spat the dummy. Whatever.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:17 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
DigitalDuck wrote:Fuck this. It was a mistake coming back to this forum. Despite just telling The Joker and his lackey about attacking other people, they continue to do it!

You will clearly see that it was in fact you who re-opened this can of worms by making a very thinly veiled attack on me (and Jagfest_UK) that was painfully clear to see... albeit that you didn't have the guts to actually name names.

I sought to address the swipe you took, as is my right, and now you've spat the dummy. Whatever.
It takes two to tango (or in this case three).
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Nemesis wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:

It takes two to tango (or in this case three).
Thanks for the sage like wisdom.

Misery

Post by Misery » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:15 pm

....the heck?

What happened?

I come back and look at this topic again, and everyone's screaming and breathing fire and Godzilla is running around jumping on buildings and there's locusts raining from the sky and.....

.....or the equivilent thereof.

I *really* dont think there's any need for anyone to leave in a huff. I have a very fiery temper myself, and even I think this is a very easygoing, generally pleasant forum. Rarely do I see actual flaming arguements here. Usually it only goes as far as "heated debate". It's a pretty good place. And I have no problems with anyone on this forum. So...... really not seeing the problem here.....

crusto

Post by crusto » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:23 pm

Misery wrote:....the heck?

What happened?

I come back and look at this topic again, and everyone's screaming and breathing fire and Godzilla is running around jumping on buildings and there's locusts raining from the sky and.....

.....or the equivilent thereof.

I *really* dont think there's any need for anyone to leave in a huff. I have a very fiery temper myself, and even I think this is a very easygoing, generally pleasant forum. Rarely do I see actual flaming arguements here. Usually it only goes as far as "heated debate". It's a pretty good place. And I have no problems with anyone on this forum. So...... really not seeing the problem here.....
This.

Eat your nans pants

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 am

Just been reading my way through this thread, but damn! Looks like Captain N has opened. Can of worms.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"