Your first console

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Lil Chillbil

Your first console

Post by Lil Chillbil » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:57 pm

simple just post what console was your first and how you got it. What games did you play ? If you have an old photograph of you playing your first console from back in the day post that to And if you still own your first console working or not post a pic for others to see.
I'll post mine later on in the thread
pm me I'm always up for a multiplayer session for the following games
Gears of war 1 2 3
Call of duty 2 3 4
All of the halos
Call of duty modern warefare 2
Shadowrun

SJ_Sathanas

Re: Your first console

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:09 pm

My first games machine was an Amstrad CPC464 with Green screen monitor. Meh, I guess it was alright. My first console specifically was a Sega Master System.

I don't really care for either, though. First console I really liked was SNES.

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:17 pm

My first gaming experience was the BBC Micro, playing stuff like Repton, Citadel, Thrust, and many others.

My first dedicated games machine was a Gameboy, and my first home console was the N64.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:21 pm

My first console was a 2600 I got for Xmas with Centipede, Defender and Crossbow. My family couldn't get me off it!!!

Lil Chillbil

Post by Lil Chillbil » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:21 pm

My first console was a playstation 1 I got for my 5th birthday along with a copy of the original spyro and crash bandacoot games. sadly my console met its end a few years later.
pm me I'm always up for a multiplayer session for the following games
Gears of war 1 2 3
Call of duty 2 3 4
All of the halos
Call of duty modern warefare 2
Shadowrun

Vyothric

Post by Vyothric » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:25 pm

My first console was the N64.

Though at that point I'd been a PC gamer for years.
LastFM | Mods | Music | Twitter | YouTube

Zwischen Leere und Nichts

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Game Boy Pocket.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

AmigaJay

Post by AmigaJay » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:28 pm

First console was a Sega Master System, the original model with futuristic light gun! along with Safari Hunt, Hang-on and Wonderboy 3 for my 12th birthday in 1989, until then 8-bit computers were the order of the day in my household!

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:33 pm

This:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Ahhh, 70's orange.

My first console was an NES. Well, it was a famiclone. It came with a 4in1 cart of Exerion, Golf, Tennis and Baseball. I think. To be honest, I mostly just played Exerion which was an excellent little shooter.

Before that I would have to go to a friends house to play on his C=64.

[edit]

Actually, if we're including handheld consoles, my first was a Donkey Kong Jr game and watch. It was the big flip out colour one. I played that game to death. For most of my early childhood I had a groove dug into my forehead from resting the top of the screen there :mrgreen:
Last edited by theantmeister on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:02 pm

VideoMaster ColourScore Home TV Game:

"Inherited" from an uncle, in that he brought it over to show us, couldn't get us off it, so left it with us! You could change from tennis to football to squash whilst a game was in motion, so you could have some mad games with people randomy swapping the game (and rules) whilst you're trying to concentrate on where the ball is.

Followed by:
Grandstand Game Player:

Which my auntie who worked in an airport found in the lost property room. Further hours of fun!
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:07 pm

My first console was a NES which my parents gave me for Christmas 1990. I remember my Dad & I playing Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt quite a lot that day!

I used to play Super Mario Bros 3 the most. Duck Tales, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy, Marble Madness, Super Mario Bros 1 & 2, Duck Hunt, and Bart vs the World were also my favourites. Sometimes one of my friends would lend me Mega Man.

I still have my NES, but I can't take any photos at the moment as it's tucked away in storage while I'm sorting out moving (or not as the case might now be). It still looks as new as the day I had it though :)

Roo

Post by Roo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:16 pm

My older brother and I had shared quite a few consoles between his 7th birthday in 1993 - the day I started gaming! - and 1997, when I was given a N64 for my own bedroom. It was a surprise - I still remember shouting 'OH MY GOD!!!' when I walked into my room and saw my folks setting it up on a brand-new TV. I got Mario Kart 64 with it, bought Super Mario 64 a few days later with my Christmas money, got Diddy Kong Racing and WCW/NWO World Tour in the following weeks. Just those four games - that's pretty much all I played in the six months afterward. Great times!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:29 pm

First console was a Atari 2600 with Combat and Space Invaders for Christmas, got cramp playing Space Invaders I played it so much.. In the night Family friends and Neighbours came over and we where playing Combat all night :P I do have a photo of us playing it, but can't post it us 'Shinobi' doesn't unmask :lol: The next 2 games I got where Pitfall and River Raid miles ahead of there time
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Sputryk

Post by Sputryk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Acetronic 1000. We only ever had two cartridges - Space Invaders and Olympics. Inherited it last year off father who found it stored under the stairs. 'Sticks need a bit of TLC, but it fires up fine. :D