Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ShadowMan

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:56 am

Morkin wrote:I think I paid £23 for my copy of Dokuro a few weeks ago. Haven't got too far on it yet. As for Everybody's Golf at £9? BUY IT NOW!! :P
Done! I should have Everybody's Golf today from Shopto (I also broke down and got Little Kings Story seeing as Silent Hill was delayed a month). Along with Virtua Tennis, Dokuro and EDF when they arrive I should be busy for a while (Plus JSR HD next week).

I've also been playing a lot of Sound Shapes on the Vita lately. Its not bad, the campaign mode was fun especially the second and fifth albums and at its heart its a nice fun little platformer that uses sound/music well. The community mode that lets you play songs other people have created are hit or miss, some are genuinely excellent while others... aren't. Its like Little Big Planet in that regard but a tad harder to filter out the bad from the good.
The challenge modes that take up 90%ish of the trophies are more miss than hit especially the death mode which as they are randomly generated makes them sometimes completely impossible to complete which is no fun at all :x
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Today I picked myself up a copy of Hatsune Miku Project Diva f!

I've always liked Hatsune as a character, after playing a Project Diva arcade machine in Odaiba I was sold. Can't wait to crack it open and give it a play a bit later :)

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:22 am

I was thinking about getting that, but it's about £41 on import. :(

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:23 am

I'd be interested in hearing how good that gme is as well, if it's good/fun I'd be tempted to pick it up down the line.

I got my copy of everybodys golf yesterday. Only had a quick play on it but really like it. It's simple to get into and looks fab on the vita screen. I can see me spending lots of time on this...

I've also given ridge racer another chance, weirdly I'm enjoying it more than before. I had some free tracks to download to double the amount on tracks I can race on which is good. I like some of the ideas of online implementation including the online races and downloadable ghosts but still think it should have had a more dedicated offline campaign rather than just the spot races and time trials like e 3ds game had.

Also, my online username thingy is ryu16 so feel free to add me :D
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:25 am

Morkin wrote:I was thinking about getting that, but it's about £41 on import. :(
I'd be happy to pick you a copy up but at 4500 yen, it's about 35 quid. Add postage costs in and you'd end up paying the same as importing anyway. Japan is absolutely Miku crazy, anything with her face on it seems to sell at an extremely high price.

It is a very fun game though! Just like the arcade version. How much you enjoy it depends largely on how much you like Miku & Vocaloid

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:48 am

Many thanks for the offer. :D For some reason I thought it'd cost around £20 as I didn't know how popular it was. :shock: This game will have to go on my 'buy when I have some spare cash' list.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:50 am

Morkin wrote:Many thanks for the offer. :D For some reason I thought it'd cost around £20 as I didn't know how popular it was. :shock: This game will have to go on my 'buy when I have some spare cash' list.
The prices of games have shocked me. Retro is give or take depending on the store, most of it is good value. Newer releases though, specifically Vita, seem to be just as, if not more, expensive than here in the UK

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:13 am

Where does everyone on here import their VITA games from?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:22 am

My first Vita import game (Dokuro) was from eBay & in the past I've used Tronix & VG+ for importing US PSP & DS games.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:51 am

As well as eBay and VG+ I also have someone in Japan that sometimes can pick up Japanese stuff for me (like EDF3 as well as the Yakuza games).

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:27 am

Rayne wrote:Today I picked myself up a copy of Hatsune Miku Project Diva f!

I've always liked Hatsune as a character, after playing a Project Diva arcade machine in Odaiba I was sold. Can't wait to crack it open and give it a play a bit later :)
Would really like this for my Project Diva collection (especially seeing as there's a Nyan Cat-themed stage!), but I can't justify getting a Vita just for this. When the hell is this series going to show up on console ( Dreamy Theatre doesn't count)? :?

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Got Little Deviants for the Vita from Blockbusters for £5 Brand new (some crackers prices for Vita games there). Some of the mini-games are fun, some are really horrible to control (particularly rear touch screen ones), so about 3 stars out of 5 for me.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:42 pm

3 new Vita games arrived today for me - Virtua Tennis 4, EDF Portable 3 and Dokuro. VT4 looks amazing and gameplay wise its really slick, the only slight drawback is that I'm really crap at it! Dokuro is a really well done 2D platformer/puzzle game that sorta reminds me a bit of ICO in that you need to protect the princess and solve puzzles in order to help her progress. EDF 3 is exactly what I wanted, its EDF 2017 (the Xbox 360 version) but portable and with online play. It looks good, runs well (no noticable slowdown so far and there are plenty of enemies on screen and buildings collapsing). Plenty of missions etc. so I can see me spending many hours playing through this one :mrgreen:

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:34 am

I really wish they'd sort the prices on some of the older Vita download games. I hate using the carts as its a right pain fishing that plastic tab away each time (I have no nails!) and my carry case is so tight it closes it. Much prefer having them as downloads but when some of the games new are about £15 on Amazon, it seems a joke that the PSN is charging upwards of £29.99.

Games devalue over time and so should their prices.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz for only £13.85 on shopto at the mo -
http://www.shopto.net/psp/PSPVSU01-supe ... ll-ps-vita
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac