Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

BennyTheGreek

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:01 am

LBP is really really good.

That is all I need to say.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:47 pm

tmc wrote:Assasins Creed looking really good! - gameplay video here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQfHsxx5bQ
Got it preordered, along with AC3 for PS3. :)

Only finally got around to playing the other Assassins Creed games this year, went through them all over June/July/August literally one after the other and really enjoyed them, very much looking forward to the new ones. :D
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

Roo

Post by Roo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:48 pm

That LBP/Uncharted/FIFA 13 bundle in GAME is seriously, seriously tempting at just £229 new. I might go for it!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Not in my opinion it isn't.

In common with the Wii version, FIFA 13 on PS Vita has been slammed for essentially being a rehash of the previous entry in the FIFA series (unlike the PC/PS360 version).

Sure, that bundle may also come supplied with Uncharted: Golden Abyss (approx. £25 current cheapest price last time I looked) and LittleBigPlanet but I'm not seeing any mention of a memory card being included. With the latter in mind I think the bundle represents 'reasonable' value for money (in PS Vita terms!) but nothing extraordinarily good.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:55 am

Pre-ordered Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz at Zavvi for £14.95 which I thought was quite good considering that Amazon have it listed for £29.99.

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:17 am

BennyTheGreek wrote:LBP is really really good.

That is all I need to say.
Isn't it? Best version of the game yet in my opinion.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:29 am

I see that Playstation Mobile is now up & running. Copy & pasted this feature from Pocketgamer, with some games that I fancy buying.
PlayStation Mobile is now live. This is Sony's bold step into the world of indie games, where it will be hosting a curated selection of games in its own Android app shop.

PlayStation Mobile games run on PlayStation Certified handsets and tablets, and the PS Vita.

We've sampled a bunch of the 20-title launch line-up. It's a mixed bag of new games, iOS ports, PlayStation minis, and more. That bag includes twitchy arcade shmups like Aqua Kitty, rhythm-action games like Samurai Beatdown, and puzzlers like Beats Slider.

Read our first impressions below. We'll go hands-on with even more of the launch games soon.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/ ... sp?c=45453

Aqua Kitty £2.79

I've fallen a little bit in love with Aqua Kitty. I knew I would - I'm an absolute sucker for pixel-art visuals and games that hark back to the 16-bit era of consoles. But, there's more to it than that.

In each level, you've got to protect your cats by zipping about in a submarine and gunning down foes. On Vita, you flip left and right with the shoulder buttons as you dart back and forth to protect all your cats.

It's twitchy, tough, and ever so engaging. And it's a bit bullet-hell shooter-ish, too, as you weave through enemy ordnance. There are loads of unique enemy types to worry about, crazy power-ups to activate, a whole upgrade system, and a bunch of levels.

It is easily one of the best games among the launch line-up, and it's bursting with personality to boot. It doesn't work well on a touchscreen-only device, mind, and it's a little choppy on Xperia Play, but if you've got a Vita, you need this game. No arguing - go buy it.

Super Crate Box £2.79

Oh, what a joy to finally play Super Crate Box with real buttons. Don't get me wrong: Vlambeer's addictive little gem is perfectly playable on iOS, but there's just no substitute for a physical D-pad and clicky buttons. On Vita and Xperia Play, Super Crate Box sings.

If you've never played it, it's a retro one-screen score grab in which you have to collect crates while killing enemies. Only, every time you nab a crate you're randomly handed a new weapon.

You might be riding high with a chain gun, but you can't get any more points until you crack the next crate. And it might have something rubbish like dual pistols or, *shudder*, the disc gun.

Super Crate Box is a certified indie classic, and it's right at home on Vita and Xperia Play. The port's not perfect - there are big black borders, for example - but it's still an essential purchase. The bizarre new pause music is worth the asking price alone.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:42 am

You'll have to let me know if any of those are worth getting. Also, I've got Dokuro on its way as I quite like the look of it and managed to get it for £20 :D Tempted to get Virtua Tennis 4 and Hot Shots Golf as well if they are any good?
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ninty

Post by ninty » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:54 am

Tempted to get Virtua Tennis 4
£15 new at Blockbuster at the min, well worth picking up at that price, I've spent a good couple of hours on the mini games this morning, running around breaking eggs and getting chicks to the hen house and it's tennis ! :D

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:03 am

ninty wrote:
Tempted to get Virtua Tennis 4
£15 new at Blockbuster at the min, well worth picking up at that price, I've spent a good couple of hours on the mini games this morning, running around breaking eggs and getting chicks to the hen house and it's tennis ! :D
Sold! I'll give it a shot at that price :D
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:38 am

ShadowMan wrote:You'll have to let me know if any of those are worth getting. Also, I've got Dokuro on its way as I quite like the look of it and managed to get it for £20 :D Tempted to get Virtua Tennis 4 and Hot Shots Golf as well if they are any good?
£20 is a pretty darned good price! Hope you enjoy it. :D I'm also after Virtua Tennis. I stupidly didn't order it ages ago when it went down to £14. Everybody's Golf is amazing btw. You should be able to pick it up for ten quid online I think.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:44 am

Morkin wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:You'll have to let me know if any of those are worth getting. Also, I've got Dokuro on its way as I quite like the look of it and managed to get it for £20 :D Tempted to get Virtua Tennis 4 and Hot Shots Golf as well if they are any good?
£20 is a pretty darned good price! Hope you enjoy it. :D I'm also after Virtua Tennis. I stupidly didn't order it ages ago when it went down to £14. Everybody's Golf is amazing btw. You should be able to pick it up for ten quid online I think.
Yeah, I thought £20 was a good price for it especially as the Japanese version is in English (saves me waiting for the USA release). I see Shopto has Hotshots for £9, and I have £8 worth of credit... tempting :lol:

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:53 am

I think I paid £23 for my copy of Dokuro a few weeks ago. Haven't got too far on it yet. As for Everybody's Golf at £9? BUY IT NOW!! :P

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:16 am

I've just got one of these Vitas for my 9 year old daughters Xmas prezzie. This past year she's been getting into more mature games away from her 3ds. She has been into Silent hill and project zero on her Wii and Tekken on my 360 though she is finding these games a little hard I feel she is growing apart from Mario and co. So I got her a Vita with LBP and Katamari and Mod racers and Tekken 6 with a view to getting Silent Hill when released. I hope this bridges the gap between her drifting away from cartoony games and guides her towards more mature software at her own pace.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Well, my Vita and/or memory card is fracked. :(

Updated the firmware & I got a strange message about updating the database. Didn't think anything of it, but then realised that all my PSOne games had disappeared & that my Vita couldn't detect the card anymore. Tried all of the 'fixes' found on the official forums & still nothing.

So I rang Amazon & explained the problem & was told that I'd need to buy another memory card as mine (bought in Feb) is/was only covered for 30 days. After a further 5 minutes of discussion/being on hold, they agreed to send me a replacement card, but if the fault is still there, to ring them back. :(