Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

random_dave

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by random_dave » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:41 am

Rayne wrote:Also! It doesn't come with paper instructions D: I hope it's not the same for every title!
Afraid so, even cartridge games install the games 'Livearea' (home screen) to the device, and the electronic manual can be viewed from there

Presumably although i've never had multiple games to try it, but with the way the multitasking works you should be able to drop back to the system software from a game and look at the manual of any games livearea whilst the game is suspended and then resume when finished reading
MSN: dlanki [at] Hotmail.com
360: lanki of badger
psn/twitter/playfire: random_dave

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:38 pm

Someone told me they'd been playing Third Birthday (PSP, via their account) on their VITA, but it gives you the option of changing the control layout so you can use both the thumbsticks, which would be awesome and much better to control with. I wonder if any other PSP games will let you do this?
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:41 pm

greenberet79 wrote:Someone told me they'd been playing Third Birthday (PSP, via their account) on their VITA, but it gives you the option of changing the control layout so you can use both the thumbsticks, which would be awesome and much better to control with. I wonder if any other PSP games will let you do this?
One of the Monster Hunters does, and I believe Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker does also. A really cool extra that would tempt me to pick up the digital versions of a couple of games as proper camera control would be a huge bonus.

I finally got the tracking number for my Vita, it'll apparantly be delivered today sometime between 12-1pm. To bad I won't get back home until 6pm tonight :(
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Does it give you full analogue control or is it just mapping the face buttons to the stick?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:55 pm

alistair_thomas wrote:Does it give you full analogue control or is it just mapping the face buttons to the stick?
Not sure, from the screenshots I got the impression for at least MGS it was mapping the face buttons to the stick but I might well be wrong.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:19 pm

alistair_thomas wrote:Does it give you full analogue control or is it just mapping the face buttons to the stick?
Even if it is just mapping the face buttons to the stick, I'm sure it'll make things much easier on certain games.

Super Mario 64 DS and Okamiden, for instance feel much, much nicer to play using the 3DS's circle pad than playing them with the normal D-Pad on a regular DS.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

random_dave

Post by random_dave » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:42 pm

It just maps the digital buttons to the sticks

It's a feature of the PSP emulator, so all games can use it (like mapping the L2,R2,L3,R3 buttons on the PSP PS1 emulator)

IIRC you can map the right stick 3 ways
- Face buttons
- D-Pad
- Left Stick
MSN: dlanki [at] Hotmail.com
360: lanki of badger
psn/twitter/playfire: random_dave

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:06 pm

My games and 16 Gig card have all been dispatched by Amazon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:My games and 16 Gig card have all been dispatched by Amazon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still waiting for mine to flash up :( did you choose the expedited option?
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Grizzly wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:My games and 16 Gig card have all been dispatched by Amazon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still waiting for mine to flash up :( did you choose the expedited option?
Yup. Tracking now!!!

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:25 pm

My Vita and games have just turned up!

Sorry Darran.

:lol:

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:51 pm

AceGrace wrote:My Vita and games have just turned up!

Sorry Darran.

:lol:
Git :D

simes

Post by simes » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Can't afford one at the moment, but I was looking at options earlier for a new phone as my contract runs out soon and Carphone Warehouse are offering free Vitas with certain phones and contracts so I know where I'm heading in a couple of months time... hope the price of the memory cards start to drop soon though as I can't see even the 16gb one lasting me too long if my PSP and PS3 are anything to go by!
ImageImage

http://www.transformersvideogames.co.uk - complete guide to Transformers computer / video games
Sales / Trades Wants: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32492

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Mine has been sent finally, what are the chances of me getting it tomorrow? Got sent first class royal mail. Hope it does turn up then, got the day off. And noone is in Thursday
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Just been on the EU PSN blog and people are not happy with the digital download pricing for Vita games. Uncharted and UMVC3 are at the £39.99 mark with Fifa and F1 hitting the £44.99 mark! That's seriously disappointing if true - I would have expected £29.99 to be the highest amount based on what Sony was saying in the lead up to the launch.

Also, apparently people have bought the Uncharted DLC for £2 odd only to find out the download is the full game! Come in Sony, sort it out!

I'm eager to see what the PSN update is like tomorrow. I believe the Vita games go 'live' later tonight, so hopefully the PSP won't be forgotten tomorrow.