Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

stayAwhile

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by stayAwhile » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:38 am

looking at getting a vita again but need to find a good price with a big memory card first so i can download my ps vita and psp games onto it again and want to get farming sim on it too been a while since i played a mobile version of a farming sim game but its a fun way to play it on the go
This guy are sick

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:19 am

Not sure its possible to find good prices for 64gB cards in this country. I forget how much mine cost, but I just bit the bullet as I needed the space ;(
Bluce_Ree wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:13 pm
Sir Eatsalot - just reviewed this. It's a 2D platformer with very light combat, easy platforming and some reasonably satisfying puzzles. The problem is the level design which is a dreadful mess of backtracking. Absolutely spoils everything.
That sucks. The game looks nice, and I have the special physical edition on its way but I fear the backtracking will really annoy the heck out of me.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:53 am

Yeah, it's not good. I've not seen any other reviews to see if others had a different opinion. The only review on Metacritic is mine.

Rogue Aces - did you like Luftrausers? This is better.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Sun May 27, 2018 7:19 am

Riddled Corpses EX.

I've mostly played it on the PS4 (to get screenies for review) but it's cross-buy and the Vita version is very capable. No cross-save though. Decent but derivative rogue-like twin-stick shooter. I've put in like 12 hours and am still enjoying it.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:43 am

Can the Vita be modded?
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon May 28, 2018 11:39 am

Its a start..............
greenberet79 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:43 am
Can the Vita be modded?
If you mean hacked, yes it can if its on an older firmware, newer ones can be, but the hacker isnt releasing the how to till the end of the year
A hacked one can also use the SD2Vita

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon May 28, 2018 6:46 pm

I get a nice Cursed Castila PS VIta box set from a swap with Hot Rod, and I also picked up something called Criminal Girls in CEX as I've never heard of the game.

And Shinobibo 2 some Tenchu rip off that's kinda meh
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu May 31, 2018 2:25 pm

Recently downloaded the original Crash Bandicoot for my Vita. Another one of those games that's a pain in the ass to get hold of and required purchasing from the web version of the store and downloading from my download list on the Vita. It doesn't appear when browsing the store on the Vita and also is apparently only compatible with PSP and PS3 according to the product info. Man...I wish Sony would streamline this stuff already and sort it out.

A lot harder game than I remember too! The lack of save points (you have to either collect a silver gem from breaking all crates in a level OR clear a bonus round in order to save) plus general unforgiving nature of the level design took me by surprise despite having played the game way back when.

Also finally bit the bullet and ordered a Asian-English version of DoA Xtreme 3. I have the PS4 version but have never gotten around to playing it but I have more time for my handheld stuff at the moment.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu May 31, 2018 8:41 pm

Got Touch my Katamari today in Cex £10 so dusted off the Vita, it’s still super addictive. King of all Cosmos is still an idiot, rather then a disembodied Head he’s now this camp Ultraman type character, who eavesdrops on the humans, and insults them.. All the anime cut scenes with the King and his black humour had me smiling widely like Tom Baker but my smile was neither as Toothy or as wide😁
Last edited by Shinobi on Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:40 pm

Xtreme 3 turned up today. Shocked that it arrived so quickly from Hong Kong (around 3 days if that) so if anybody wants to buy stuff from "buy2game" on ebay? I can recommend them and their delivery speed! Ironically, I was posting elsewhere about how expensive Vita gaming is but then I dropped £40 on this game. English-language versions are holding their price it seems.

Are there any places other than ebay that do Vita games at decent prices? Right now I'm after Dead or Alive 5 Plus and Ultimate MvC3 but both are expensive on ebay. I'm actually quite surprised that DoA5 isn't in more plentiful supply but there aren't many options. Need the UK/Euro copies ideally since I have a load of cross-buy DLC from the bigger console versions sitting on my PS3.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:56 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:40 pm
Xtreme 3 turned up today. Shocked that it arrived so quickly from Hong Kong (around 3 days if that) so if anybody wants to buy stuff from "buy2game" on ebay? I can recommend them and their delivery speed! Ironically, I was posting elsewhere about how expensive Vita gaming is but then I dropped £40 on this game. English-language versions are holding their price it seems.

Are there any places other than ebay that do Vita games at decent prices? Right now I'm after Dead or Alive 5 Plus and Ultimate MvC3 but both are expensive on ebay. I'm actually quite surprised that DoA5 isn't in more plentiful supply but there aren't many options. Need the UK/Euro copies ideally since I have a load of cross-buy DLC from the bigger console versions sitting on my PS3.
Shop to net are cheap I get most of my Vita games from them. I saw both those games your after in CEX Ultimate MvC3 was cheap and I’ve yet to see a Vita game they charge more than £20 for

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:00 am

Shinobi wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:56 pm
Shop to net are cheap I get most of my Vita games from them. I saw both those games your after in CEX Ultimate MvC3 was cheap and I’ve yet to see a Vita game they charge more than £20 for
I'll have to have a look when I next can then. Only issue for me is that the CEX is a pain to get to in the town centre and I'm never there for any other reason or just passing so I'd have to make a special trip, pay to park etc.

They did have Valkyrie Drive last time I was in there but it was around £30 iirc.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:00 am
Shinobi wrote:
I'll have to have a look when I next can then. Only issue for me is that the CEX is a pain to get to in the town centre and I'm never there for any other reason or just passing so I'd have to make a special trip, pay to park etc.

They did have Valkyrie Drive last time I was in there but it was around £30 iirc.
That’s strange Valkyrie Drive is £15 in my local CEX. Maybe they charge less as it’s a dirt poor town. I’m sure Vita Ultimate MVC was £10 or might have been the PS3 version. I ended up buying Vita Gravity Rush for £10, i have a meeting with Anna at 10am if those games are still there and a good price I can pick them up if you want

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:56 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:50 pm
Megamixer wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:00 am
Shinobi wrote:

That’s strange Valkyrie Drive is £15 in my local CEX. Maybe they charge less as it’s a dirt poor town. I’m sure Vita Ultimate MVC was £10 or might have been the PS3 version. I ended up buying Vita Gravity Rush for £10, i have a meeting with Anna at 10am if those games are still there and a good price I can pick them up if you want
Well I certainly wouldn't say no, Shin but don't go out of your way for me or anything.

And the town where I live isn't much to look at either, mate so I don't think the place being a dump should affect prices too much :) Maybe individual stores just make 'em up as they go along...

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:33 am

Just hacked my Vita can still go online and buy from the store without updating so very happy. Nice being able to play Konami's Aliens and Gi Joe which run really nice via Final Burn as well most scrolling fighters. Final Burn is much more user friendly nice front end with screen shots and lots of filters whilst Retroarch is a pain..

I also set up Gameboy Advance, Retroarch and Megadrive. Lynx games look amazing running through Retroarch. Here's Lynx dirty Larry running on my Vita