Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowMan

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:43 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Just completed Criminal Girls: Invite Only with around 42 hours on the clock. I quite enjoyed it, although the rubbing little girls aspect is a little too excessive and silly for my tastes. The combat engine is relatively interesting but I don't like how full control over the attacks.

I need something else to play now, something that will take less time to complete...
Uncharted is a great short game if you've not played it. I'm replaying it at the moment and am loving it all over again (I guess I'm going for the platinum trophy, well I've almost got it anyway!)

Yomawari is another short yet excellent game. You could probably have that one done in a day if you focused on it. Its a great little survival horror game.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:17 am

I've started on root letter, as that's not supposed to be long.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Cheapy Puzzle Bobble but horizontal puzzler Supermagical is well worth a look.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:04 am

Trying to finish Limbo within 5 lives... Almost there, just need to nail a few sections down more and I should be able to do it!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:23 am

Completed root letter and it would appear there's more endings. Handy as the end was massively disappointing.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Woo! Limbo done with only 2 deaths. Such a brilliant game, glad that Inside pushed me to replay this! Now back to Lone Survivor.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:48 am

And now Lone Survivor is finished. Twice. Its brilliant, it feels like a 2D Silent Hill game that has different endings depending on how you treat your character. Since its a fairly short game I'm planning on going through the different endings for the heck of it, should be able to platinum the game while I'm at it!

batman877

Post by batman877 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:21 pm

The digital version of 'DariusBurst Chronicle Saviours' is finally on sale on the PS Store at £11.99 until 22 Feb (£14.99 for PS4 version).

All DLC is also in the sale.

Sadly the physical version was never released outside of Japan, and it's really expensive to get hold of.

An amazing content-heavy shoot 'em up! Highly recommended.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:59 pm

batman877 wrote:The digital version of 'DariusBurst Chronicle Saviours' is finally on sale on the PS Store at £11.99 until 22 Feb (£14.99 for PS4 version).

All DLC is also in the sale.

Sadly the physical version was never released outside of Japan, and it's really expensive to get hold of.

An amazing content-heavy shoot 'em up! Highly recommended.
Yeah, it rocks. I've got the Japanese physical release and I've been slowly working my way through all the missions (of which there are hundreds!). I wish I could get the DLC for it but I'd need to get the Japanese DLC, and play the game on a Japanese account (which you can't really do on a Vita since you can't swap profiles easily...)

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:15 am

I have so many untouched games on my VITA at the minute its unreal, I honestly cant wait to get stuck in, I got half way threw a Boy and his Blob that I need to pick up again and finish, Still have Persona 4 to play to which im really looking forward too.

I would like Supremecy MMA just so I have an MMA game on the go but it seems really hard to come by..

batman877

Post by batman877 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:55 am

ShadowMan wrote:I wish I could get the DLC for it but I'd need to get the Japanese DLC, and play the game on a Japanese account (which you can't really do on a Vita since you can't swap profiles easily...)
That's a shame mate as the DLC is excellent - plenty of fan service for so many retro shooters, particularly from Sega and Taito. Perhaps worth a UK digital purchase whilst it's in the sale?

I'm currently making my way through another Dynasty Warriors clone, 'Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star' - great fun, but I wish there wasn't so much text to click through... I just want to play!!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:36 am

batman877 wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:I wish I could get the DLC for it but I'd need to get the Japanese DLC, and play the game on a Japanese account (which you can't really do on a Vita since you can't swap profiles easily...)
That's a shame mate as the DLC is excellent - plenty of fan service for so many retro shooters, particularly from Sega and Taito. Perhaps worth a UK digital purchase whilst it's in the sale?

I'm currently making my way through another Dynasty Warriors clone, 'Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star' - great fun, but I wish there wasn't so much text to click through... I just want to play!!
Severely tempted to that's for sure. And it has Capcom DLC coming soon... I'll definitely have to take a look.

Meanwhile, Vita wise I've been playing through Steins Gate. Well its more like I've been reading through it, since its a visual novel, but its got a great story that hooked me immediately so I can't wait to see where it goes next. Once I finish it I'll be giving the latest Shantae game a go.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Possibly a dumb question so apologies in advance!

Been enjoying downloading some PS stuff from the store onto my Vita (I never played PS1 on PSP so having some of my old favourites on the go is quite a novelty right now - especially at the dirt-cheap prices!) BUT is everything that comes up within the two blocks of alphabetised games on the Vita version of the PSN store actually everything that is available? I assume it is but I also find it odd that you can download all of the Crash games apart from the original (which is missing) or that Resident Evil Nemesis is the only one in the series available. Basically, I'm asking if there is a bigger selection if you go on the PS3/PS4 versions of the store and if you can download them and transfer them to Vita or something like that.

As I say, probably a stupid question but I found the omission of certain games a bit weird and couldn't see why they would have delisted just the first Crash (if it was ever available in the first place that is).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:30 pm

Megamixer wrote:Possibly a dumb question so apologies in advance!

Been enjoying downloading some PS stuff from the store onto my Vita (I never played PS1 on PSP so having some of my old favourites on the go is quite a novelty right now - especially at the dirt-cheap prices!) BUT is everything that comes up within the two blocks of alphabetised games on the Vita version of the PSN store actually everything that is available? I assume it is but I also find it odd that you can download all of the Crash games apart from the original (which is missing) or that Resident Evil Nemesis is the only one in the series available. Basically, I'm asking if there is a bigger selection if you go on the PS3/PS4 versions of the store and if you can download them and transfer them to Vita or something like that.

As I say, probably a stupid question but I found the omission of certain games a bit weird and couldn't see why they would have delisted just the first Crash (if it was ever available in the first place that is).
You can definitely get the original Crash game on the Vita, I have it on my Vita. The Vita store sucks, you can get more if you go on the web store.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:41 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Possibly a dumb question so apologies in advance!

You can definitely get the original Crash game on the Vita, I have it on my Vita. The Vita store sucks, you can get more if you go on the web store.
Fantastic; that's exactly what I wanted to hear :D

Cheers!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.