Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

IronMaidenRule

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:12 pm

New battery arrived today, fitted it this morning and all seems to be going well so far. Played it for a good few hours, put it into standby mode and resumed it, powered it on and off a few times, no issues at all!!

Not going to rush out and buy more titles yet, but hopeful that it is fixed.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:32 am

Project Diva X announced, slated for March on Vita and no solid date yet for PS4
http://miku.sega.jp/x/gaiyo.html

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:35 am

Sel Feena wrote:Project Diva X announced, slated for March on Vita and no solid date yet for PS4
I'm assuming this has the same gameplay as Project Diva 1&2? If so it seems the Vita has truly become the home of Japanese rhythm action games this generation which is great. Pity the chances of a sequel to Rockband Blitz or Unplugged is 0, heck I'd take the new Amplitude as well.

I've been playing around on VVVVV last night. Its shorter than I remember! Thankfully shiny trinkets aren't required to complete the game per the games trophy requirements so the 50 death trophy should in theory be possible. However the time trial trophies can censored right off, those seem next to impossible. Meeting the par time? That's ok, getting all the shiny trinkets in a stage? That'll take time, don't die while doing the last two? :lol: :( :cry:

Awesome game though, still one of my favourite indie platformers I've played. Not sure what to play through next...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:09 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Sel Feena wrote:Project Diva X announced, slated for March on Vita and no solid date yet for PS4
I'm assuming this has the same gameplay as Project Diva 1&2?
I'm not expecting a massive departure, maybe some new gimmick like the star sections.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:11 pm

More new arrivals from Japan:

Mainly cheaper releases that I've been missing to pick up for a while to add to my collection. Not pictured are UK versions of One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and Lost Dimension which arrived last week. I've also ordered the new Danganrompa game that was just released today :mrgreen:
Rugby 2015 was also released this week for the Vita, but I'll wait for an eventual price drop as with the Fifa games before I get that, I'd not be surprised if its not very good since its by the same people that released another terrible Rugby game on the platform not to long ago.

I have made a dent in my digital backlog as well - completing VVVVV, Metrico and Rockboshers this week and I've now started IA/VT which I'm quite liking.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:56 am

Just as a heads up, my local Home Bargains has loads of official Sony PS Vita gear. I picked up one of these for 99p:

They also had deluxe charging sets, chargers and other bits and pieces for no more than a pound. No games though :(

On topic I just ordered the new IA rhythm game. Can't wait for it to arrive!!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:03 am

Sel Feena wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
I'm assuming this has the same gameplay as Project Diva 1&2?
I'm not expecting a massive departure, maybe some new gimmick like the star sections.
Apparently this one will be more of an Idol management game, with that in mind I'll wait on an English release

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:22 am

Rayne wrote:
Well worth the purchase. I've been playing it all week and the gameplay is really solid. Plenty of songs and a few modes as well so I'll be going for quite a while on this game...

Also, my copy of Danganrompa Another Episode arrived. Once I'm done I'll play through Danganrompa 2 and then onto this one (its a side episode between games, but I'm trying to avoid any potential spoilers).

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:52 am

Rayne wrote:
Sel Feena wrote:I'm not expecting a massive departure, maybe some new gimmick like the star sections.
Apparently this one will be more of an Idol management game, with that in mind I'll wait on an English release
Well that's an interesting twist, trying to muscle in on IdolM@ster's turf. Hopefully there will still be the option to just play some rhythm action if you want.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Sel Feena wrote:
Rayne wrote:
Sel Feena wrote:I'm not expecting a massive departure, maybe some new gimmick like the star sections.
Well that's an interesting twist, trying to muscle in on IdolM@ster's turf. Hopefully there will still be the option to just play some rhythm action if you want.
From what I've read the Idol stuff is supposed to be on the side, much like the 'virtual pet' sections were in previous games. So long as I have more vocaloid tracks to jam to with the same gameplay, I'm happy :mrgreen:

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:50 am

So I setup a Japanese PSN account on my PS3 a while ago and I was wondering - would I be able to use that PSN account to buy PSP games and play them on my Vita? What about the PC Engine games on there?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:09 am

theantmeister wrote:So I setup a Japanese PSN account on my PS3 a while ago and I was wondering - would I be able to use that PSN account to buy PSP games and play them on my Vita? What about the PC Engine games on there?
You can use it to buy PSP games to play on your Vita, PC Engine stuff I'm not sure is compatible with the Vita (if it is, then yes). Problem is, you can only have one regional account on your Vita at one time so if you want to play Japanese digital games on your Vita, you'll need to format your memory card and reset your Vita to factory settings before setting it to a Japanese account. Its a major pain in the ass and isn't really worth the effort unless there are a ton of Japanese only games, DLC etc. that you want off of the Japanese store. I've been hoping in vain for years that Sony reverse this and add an accounts system just like the PS3/PS4 onto the Vita but its most likely not going to happen.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:29 am

ShadowMan wrote:I've been hoping in vain for years that Sony reverse this and add an accounts system just like the PS3/PS4 onto the Vita but its most likely not going to happen.
Yeah, it is dead simple on the PS3. That's a shame :(

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:54 pm

Rayne wrote:Just as a heads up, my local Home Bargains has loads of official Sony PS Vita gear. I picked up one of these for 99p:

They also had deluxe charging sets, chargers and other bits and pieces for no more than a pound. No games though :(

That's a fairly decent case, keeps the screen nice and clean too. What other cases did they have?

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:57 pm

Indeed it's a nice case! I'm using it as a travel case, I have another one my Vita tends to stay in that's just a bit too big for being out and about.

It's hard to describe but they also had a deluxe travel case, which had loads of space for chargers, games, etc. It was all official Sony stuff :)