Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
samhain81
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:02 am
Location: Hazuki Residence

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by samhain81 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:53 pm

Yo Shadowman where you at buddy? I need ya!


What is the best battery to buy for a psp?


Also, what is the better rpg , as I can only buy one till payday.

Riviera or Crimson Gem Saga?

Much obliged :)

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11123
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:38 pm

Can't help you with either of those questions I'm afraid. I've not upgraded my battery ever on my PSP so my only advise is - don't stick with the default battery as its censored.

As for the RPG's, I've never played either of them so I couldn't recommend either at this stage I'm afraid :(
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Sel Feena
Posts: 3518
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:58 pm

So this PSTV doohickey, then. Anyone used it, have advice/warnings? I really want Persona: Dancing All Night for the Miku DLC, but I'm not getting a bloody Vita just for that.
Image

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11123
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:26 am

The main warning for a Vita TV is that its not compatible with all games, so check the game is compatible before buying. Also remember that just because a game is compatible in one region, doesn't mean its compatible in another region.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Sel Feena
Posts: 3518
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:37 am

^ OK, cheers, guess it's on to Google for a Compatibility list then :)
Image

User avatar
alistair_thomas
Posts: 765
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:20 am

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by alistair_thomas » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Just had a brief go on RE Revelations 2. I haven't played any other versions so it's all new to me. First impressions: graphics are okay, nothing special but not too horrible. Controls are fine so far, the touch screen is use well enough but there doesn't seem to be any option to change controls. The sound is awful though - very compressed and te opening cutscene seemed to be out of sync.

IronMaidenRule
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:05 am

Finally got my PS Vita returned from the attempted repair job over 6 months ago, something keeps blowing the main board despite them supposedly changing the board quiet a few times.

Worked for about a hour when it returned and has shut off again, really enjoyed the hour I spent with it though and the fact that I didn't sell my games, leads me to think that I want to buy a new one :D

Anybody used the 2014 model? or are they best avoided?

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11123
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:20 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:Finally got my PS Vita returned from the attempted repair job over 6 months ago, something keeps blowing the main board despite them supposedly changing the board quiet a few times.

Worked for about a hour when it returned and has shut off again, really enjoyed the hour I spent with it though and the fact that I didn't sell my games, leads me to think that I want to buy a new one :D

Anybody used the 2014 model? or are they best avoided?
The newer Vita's are great, they are way more comfy compared to the originals and are lighter as well. The LCD screen isn't as nice as the OLED screen unfortunately but otherwise in my opinion the newer Vita's are better in pretty much every way.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

IronMaidenRule
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:08 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:Finally got my PS Vita returned from the attempted repair job over 6 months ago, something keeps blowing the main board despite them supposedly changing the board quiet a few times.

Worked for about a hour when it returned and has shut off again, really enjoyed the hour I spent with it though and the fact that I didn't sell my games, leads me to think that I want to buy a new one :D

Anybody used the 2014 model? or are they best avoided?
The newer Vita's are great, they are way more comfy compared to the originals and are lighter as well. The LCD screen isn't as nice as the OLED screen unfortunately but otherwise in my opinion the newer Vita's are better in pretty much every way.
Cool, thanks for the info. Wasn't keen on getting one of the older models, as my experience with this one had been very iffy.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11123
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:44 pm

The biggest issue I had with my original Vita is the charger cable becoming frayed. I've picked up a replacement one now as I can't have my Vita damaged in any way!

I've been working through my digital backlog some more (I've been put off by buying more since I have so many sitting unfinished on my Vita. I'm working on Rocketbird at the moment, a decent side scrolling platformer with lite puzzle elements. Nice graphics and soundtrack as well. Combat can be a pain at times but otherwise its great fun and highly recommended.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

IronMaidenRule
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:29 pm

ShadowMan wrote:The biggest issue I had with my original Vita is the charger cable becoming frayed. I've picked up a replacement one now as I can't have my Vita damaged in any way!

I've been working through my digital backlog some more (I've been put off by buying more since I have so many sitting unfinished on my Vita. I'm working on Rocketbird at the moment, a decent side scrolling platformer with lite puzzle elements. Nice graphics and soundtrack as well. Combat can be a pain at times but otherwise its great fun and highly recommended.
Think I may have found the issue, Vita did the usual dying issue and wouldn't turn back on, noted the battery was at 50% or so. Decided if I was going to by a new one, there is nothing lost for poking around with this one.

Took is apart and disconnected the battery to see what would happen, to my disappointment nothing but I proceeded to plug-in the charging cable and got the flashing orange light, denoting the battery was drained.

Waited for it to go solid and pressed the power button......and it was working again, waited for it full charge and had a good 40mins playing Lumines and Dragons Crown.

This to me points to a battery problem, could not be holding charge sufficiently or just faulty. Thinking of spending £8 or so and picking up a replacement one from ebay, just not the dodgy fake chinese ones.

First time I got to play Dragons Crown on the Vita......it is gorgeous :shock: :shock:

LAIS
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by LAIS » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:44 am

ShadowMan wrote:The biggest issue I had with my original Vita is the charger cable becoming frayed. I've picked up a replacement one now as I can't have my Vita damaged in any way!
That happened to me too, I thought it was just my carelessness!

About to start Suikoden II. Been holding off on this one for some time, really excited about getting right into it.

User avatar
Bluce_Ree
Posts: 1064
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 6:50 am

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Bluce_Ree » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:16 am

Superbeat Xonic looks nice from the screenies. Physical release too. Just pre-ordered it from Play Asia and picked up DJ Max Technica Tune or whatever it is called as that was quite cheap on there also.

Will expect customs doom though.
Image

User avatar
Bluce_Ree
Posts: 1064
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 6:50 am

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Bluce_Ree » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:17 am

I need to do a lot of online boosting nonsense on Virtua Tennis 4 for one of the trophies. Does anyone else here need/want to do it?
Image

User avatar
Bluce_Ree
Posts: 1064
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 6:50 am

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Bluce_Ree » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:24 am

ShadowMan wrote: Only issue I have with Geometry Wars 3 is the fact that co-op mode is restricted to local only play, no online or even ad hoc options to play it. It makes it pretty much impossible to play or complete. Pity, thanks to that I'll never plat the game which is a shame as I've got almost all the other trophies on the game now!
I maxed the game on the PS4 so I'm expecting to get close to it on this version. The co-op trophies were actually pretty easy on the PS4. So, what does local play mean? Two Vitas connecting wirelessly in close proximity?
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests