Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Timothy Redux
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Timothy Redux » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:09 pm

I picked up Natural Doctrine a few weeks back as I'd not seen it on the shelves before and it was quite cheap. Apart from that, I've not had much use from my Vita recently. (Trying to get thru all my PS+ games at the moment as I want to cancel that)
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

User avatar
sirpigmeat
Posts: 576
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:40 am

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by sirpigmeat » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:05 am

Got Natural Doctrine a few days ago and am really enjoying it... Doesn't seem as hard, complicated or frustrating as reviewers seem to make out. Got a few little annoying bits. Maybe it'll get worse as I wade further in, but haven't seen anything to warrant such low scores. Its a pity their probly want be a sequel these things tend to iron out the problems as they go along.

User avatar
Bluce_Ree
Posts: 1064
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 6:50 am

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Bluce_Ree » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:37 am

I'm back on Virtua Tennis. It's soooo good.
Image

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11123
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:58 am

Bluce_Ree wrote:I'm back on Virtua Tennis. It's soooo good.
I think in terms of ports its between that and Marvel 3 in terms of incredibly impressive console to handheld ports. VT looks just like the console game (which already looked great), I think in certain parts it actually looks better than the PS3 version? Then add on the silky smooth 60FPS AND native resolution and you have on of the best looking/performing games on the system. Plus all the modes etc.

Meanwhile, I've been working on finishing a few games:

Monsterbag - A nice little puzzle game with great graphics/music. Gameplay is pretty basic and the puzzles are fairly straightforward but its just the right length so it never outstays its welcome. Managed to grab all but one of the trophies as well which was a nice bonus.

Moto GP '14 - I really like this game (and '13) but the online side of things is fairly poorly implemented. Most of the matches I end up getting kicked out of before finishing which makes the sprint season trophy a nightmare to get. I did manage it in the end though but not before having to delete and reinstall the game...

Jet Car Stunts - Finished up the racing mode, can't for the life of me finish the platforming mode as the very hard stages are... well very hard. I'll go back to it somewhere down the line I think.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Bluce_Ree
Posts: 1064
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 6:50 am

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Bluce_Ree » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:09 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Bluce_Ree wrote: Jet Car Stunts - Finished up the racing mode, can't for the life of me finish the platforming mode as the very hard stages are... well very hard. I'll go back to it somewhere down the line I think.
That game was brutal. I gave up on it pretty quickly. Wasn't the Gripshift clone I was hoping for.
Image

User avatar
Rayne
Posts: 6610
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Rayne » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:43 am

Bluce_Ree wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
Bluce_Ree wrote: Jet Car Stunts - Finished up the racing mode, can't for the life of me finish the platforming mode as the very hard stages are... well very hard. I'll go back to it somewhere down the line I think.
That game was brutal. I gave up on it pretty quickly. Wasn't the Gripshift clone I was hoping for.
Stick with it! It's a game that rewards patience and practice, there were plenty of times I was ready to delete it but I eventually managed to complete all the levels with gold medals :mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11123
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:29 am

I'll go back to it, but I'm trying to clear my digital backlog so I'll return to it later. I can see me clearing very hard in the end (only got 4 stages left, and I'm close with two) but the positioning on a few of the jumps through rings are messing me up. Did you manage the collection levels where you have to get the stars? As I can't figure out how to reach many of the stars on easy. I'd rather not resort to a guide but they've well and truly stumped me.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
batman877
Posts: 1600
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:53 am
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by batman877 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Just pre-ordered my physical copy of 'Space Hulk' out on 25th September.

It looks like a fairly decent turn based strategy - worth a punt for around the £20 mark. If it's anything like Space Crusade on the Amiga I'll be more than happy.

Also available on PS3.
Image

User avatar
Rayne
Posts: 6610
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Rayne » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:33 pm

ShadowMan wrote:I'll go back to it, but I'm trying to clear my digital backlog so I'll return to it later. I can see me clearing very hard in the end (only got 4 stages left, and I'm close with two) but the positioning on a few of the jumps through rings are messing me up. Did you manage the collection levels where you have to get the stars? As I can't figure out how to reach many of the stars on easy. I'd rather not resort to a guide but they've well and truly stumped me.
The collection levels are a little harder but you have unlimited lives and unlimited time, so it winds up being a case of finding the right angle and the right speed. For many of the stars it is a case of flying from half-way across the map and hoping for the best :lol:

What threw me was the fact the cars all handle differently, the collection car is more lightweight and flies further.
Image

User avatar
Treguard
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 am

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Treguard » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:46 pm

batman877 wrote:Just pre-ordered my physical copy of 'Space Hulk' out on 25th September.

It looks like a fairly decent turn based strategy - worth a punt for around the £20 mark. If it's anything like Space Crusade on the Amiga I'll be more than happy.

Also available on PS3.
Is that the same Space Hulk that came out on PC a year or so back? I bought it and never got round to playing it. I'd be interested in a vita version, I'd be more likely to play that...

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11123
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Rayne wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:I'll go back to it, but I'm trying to clear my digital backlog so I'll return to it later. I can see me clearing very hard in the end (only got 4 stages left, and I'm close with two) but the positioning on a few of the jumps through rings are messing me up. Did you manage the collection levels where you have to get the stars? As I can't figure out how to reach many of the stars on easy. I'd rather not resort to a guide but they've well and truly stumped me.
The collection levels are a little harder but you have unlimited lives and unlimited time, so it winds up being a case of finding the right angle and the right speed. For many of the stars it is a case of flying from half-way across the map and hoping for the best :lol:

What threw me was the fact the cars all handle differently, the collection car is more lightweight and flies further.
Interesting, didn't realise that the car had different physics. I'll look up a few vids to give me a better idea on how to land the jumps and take it from there.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Timothy Redux
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Timothy Redux » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:27 am

batman877 wrote:Just pre-ordered my physical copy of 'Space Hulk' out on 25th September.

It looks like a fairly decent turn based strategy - worth a punt for around the £20 mark. If it's anything like Space Crusade on the Amiga I'll be more than happy.

Also available on PS3.
that sounds worth a look - is that a UK release?
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11123
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:33 pm

Timothy Redux wrote:
batman877 wrote:Just pre-ordered my physical copy of 'Space Hulk' out on 25th September.

It looks like a fairly decent turn based strategy - worth a punt for around the £20 mark. If it's anything like Space Crusade on the Amiga I'll be more than happy.

Also available on PS3.
that sounds worth a look - is that a UK release?
Fairly certain it is getting a UK boxed release yes. I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Timothy Redux
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Timothy Redux » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:14 pm

think I'll pre-order that. Only bought a couple of Vita games this years, so about time I got something in.

Apparently PS+ is going up price. Which seeing as I wasn't getting much out of it, I will now drop.
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11123
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:05 am

Woo, new Vita games today:

Image

Gal Gun (Limited Edition), Danball Senki W, IA/VT, Tetris Ultimate, Sudoku, Mah Jong Fight Club, High School of the Dead Slots and Deception IV (The Nightmare Princess).

A nice weird mix of import games including a Slots Machine game and a Sudoku game. IA/VT is a music game which looks pretty fun. Tetris and Deception IV got Euro releases but digital only. However Asia got a physical release of Deception IV in English, and America got a physical release of Tetris.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests