Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Mootown

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion/collecting thread.

Post by Mootown » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 am

James A wrote:Quick question about the Vita. I though one of its big selling points was that you could stream games of your PS3 say if your missus wanted to watch TV so you could nip upstairs and use the Vita to play said PS game. Speaking to a friend who works in the games industry last night he says this isn't the case and that it requires serious hacking on the machine to do this.

So to the people with the Vita can you stream PS3 games?
Nope you cannot do it out of the box - hacking yes, but I'm not about to go trying that on my shiny new Vita....I'll just play proper Vita games for now! Besides, streaming PS3 games? I'd rather play my PS3 games on my HD TV than laggy and crappy on the Vita.

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 am

Morkin wrote:One game that I'm really looking forward to is Gravity Rush which is download only for Europe I think.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/01/09/gra ... eo-preview
It looks like it's going to get a boxed retail release as well :)

Morkin

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Morkin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:50 am

It is? Excellent news. :D

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:53 am

Morkin wrote:
retrojc wrote:Collecting? are you kidding. :roll:
I was just going by the 3DS thread. I'll change it.
Wasn't trying to be a knobb, just why would you colelct for a brand new system? Would cost a fortune, but then again, in reverse when I used to get a new console, all my new games would be for the collection, so yeah, my bad.

random_dave

Post by random_dave » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:54 am

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a Vita. (Amazon + free 8gb memory card deal)

My mate managed to buy Rayman and Lumines on Amazon when they were listed as £7 each, and he's not bothered about Rayman so he's giving that to me, which is nice

We also worked out that as most of the title we really wanted to get, we'd want digitally we're just going to use our American PSN accounts on it, and at the current exhange rate we'll be saving on average around £13 per game, not to mention the much better range of games available on the US store (based on all platforms) and the earlier release times that often happen.

Oh, and I can't see Good People Die making an appearance in Europe (Much like 999 before it)

So day one I'm getting Wipeout, Lumines, and Everybodys/Hot Shots Golf digitally, plus the Rayman Origins physical

The only problem is that day I've got an all day workshop teaching my dogs to find drugs in mail sacks and other customs type situations, so it'll be sat at work till Thursday crying out to be played
MSN: dlanki [at] Hotmail.com
360: lanki of badger
psn/twitter/playfire: random_dave

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:57 am

retrojc wrote:
Morkin wrote:
retrojc wrote:Collecting? are you kidding. :roll:
I was just going by the 3DS thread. I'll change it.
Wasn't trying to be a knobb, just why would you colelct for a brand new system? Would cost a fortune, but then again, in reverse when I used to get a new console, all my new games would be for the collection, so yeah, my bad.
No worries mate. :D Actually, thinking about it, I suppose it does sound odd to say collecting for the Vita when it's a brand new handheld.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:14 pm

retrojc wrote:
Rayne wrote:I'm getting a Wi Fi Vita with Rayman Origins, Everybody's Golf & Ridge Racer on launch - can't wait :D

Will likely pick up Ninja Gaiden & Mortal Kombat during the 'launch window'
So, three games that can't be played on any other console? ;)

How muych did that all set you back anyway?
I think it's £225 for the Amazon bundle, then another £8 for Everybody's Golf (using my reward points with GAME)

Streaming I think will be available with newer PS3 games and patched with older ones - I'm rather sure I read that somewhere

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:08 pm

To poor to get one, but right now there is only a few games im interested in for it
Shinobido 2
Katamari

Ill wait for the slim version

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Sony has confirmed Cross Play and shared DLC for a number of PlayStation 3 and PS Vita titles.

In a press release just issued, SCEE confirmed that MotorStorm RC, Top Darts, Hustle Kings, WipEout HD and HD Fury DLC for WipEout 2048 and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC is to be one price for access to play across both PS Vita and PS3 systems.

Basically, they’re saying that the content can be purchased via the Store and will be able to be played on both PS3 and Vita for the one price.

“For those who already own any of these titles for their PS3 systems, will be able to download this same content to their PS Vita systems for free, and vice versa,” says the statement.

The same press release also confirms Cross play for MotorStorm RC, Hustle Kings, Top Darts and WipEout. We tried Cross Play with Hustle Kings today and it worked perfectly.

Cross Play allows users to compete with gamers regardless of which system they are playing on.

Not a Vita owner, thought might be of interest to those who are.

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:54 pm

currently saving for a vita and will buy one after the first price drop.

PubZombie

Post by PubZombie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:30 pm

I was really stoked to get one a few weeks ago, now looking at the games I just can't be bothered with the outlay. Nothing excites me much and most look pretty naff, will wait for something I want to come out on it. Hopefully by then there will be a price drop by then.
The Truth is but a Construct; empowering creator and subjugating consumer... "War is the continuation of 'politik' with the admixture of other means."

binatone; spectrum 48k; vic20; C64; Amiga; Sega MS; N64; GP2X, OpenPandora, IPad 3.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:21 am

Got my vita preordered with amazon so rayman was my packaged game. Also have £62 credit at hmv and £25 at game. Should get another 3 games out of that. Thinking wipeout, uncharted and ultimate marvel vs capcom 3. And with the download coupon gravity rush :D can't wait til next week!
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:40 am

Escape Plan seems to have completely slipped under my radar. It looks pretty neat & I think it's out next Wednesday. Now, where to get some cheap points.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:18 pm

From 6th Axis, one for Wipeout owners:

'Just a quick post to say that the patch to reduce load times in WipEout 2048 is now live for Europe. Also included in the update are “bug fixes” and a new music track, titled “Beelzedub”.

The patch weighs in at 34mb, although it is taking forever to download.'

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Eurogamer's Gravity Daze review

Really looking forward to it. :D