Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ShadowMan

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Sel Feena wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Akiba's Trip is getting a Euro release (physical I believe) but I really wanted to play it, but can't wait until October to play it.
I grabbed the PS3 version; it's good, goofy fun, but the game world is chopped up into pretty small chunks, meaning there are lots of loading screens unfortunately. I really didn't expect the game to get a localisation, and for there to be dual audio, so props to XSeed for that. :)

A warning, as well; the game is known to crash if your inventory gets full, so keep an eye on it and sell off any junk or use it to upgrade your equipment (talk to Nana)
Thanks for the heads up on the glitch. Pity about the load times but I've put up with worse (Yakuza Dead Souls load times instantly spring to mind!). If I like the game enough I might grab the PS4 version at the end of the year as well, I understand that one of the improvements in that game is the much better load times.
Trixta wrote: did you not play ng+ and kill the extra bosses? They force you to play certain classes with certain traits which make the bosses much harder and more skillful to beat
I loved these battles so much. Took me a long time to beat any of them though, they seemed impossible initially until I got to grips with what strategies worked best. Bar the fourth boss, he was a complete pushover if you hammered the fire button!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:40 am

shadowman, where did you get the english language soul sacrifice delta?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:shadowman, where did you get the english language soul sacrifice delta?
Playasia - They sell a Asian version that has English subtitles. I still need to boot it up and see just how much of it is in English - whether its just the dialogue or whether menu's etc. were translated as well like Sword Arts Online.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Earth Defense Force V2 will launch for PS Vita in Japan on November 27, D3 Publisher announced.

The game will be available in a 5,200 yen standard edition or 6,980 yen double pack (including two copies).

An updated port of Earth Defense Force 2 Portable, the game will offer updated graphics, the new “Air Raider” class, and online four-player co-op.
http://gematsu.com/2014/08/earth-defens ... SkZjGiC.99

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:19 pm

Can't wait for more EDF. That's a day one purchase for me :mrgreen:

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:20 am

Has anyone got Bullet Girls? I'm really tempted to buy it.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:24 pm

Nope. Nope. This is a, umm, friend's copy...

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Aside from the girl molesting bit, the actual game mechanics look sound. I'm still going to buy it as a birthday treat to myself, but was hoping for some impressions first.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:32 pm

What is the gameplay of Bullet Girls all about? I've seen some screens but can't figure it out...

Anyway, I did grab Disgaea 4 yesterday for my collection.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:56 pm

The vast majority of it looks like a very good third-person shooter with a large range of weapons and a cover system. Obviously the bits everyone are going mad about is that fact that when you shoot the girls their clothes degrade causing their boobs to get exposed. There's also an interrogation bit where you can stick phallic shapes in their mouths and grope them for information. I've already upset someone on twitter because I suggested I may buy it.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:The vast majority of it looks like a very good third-person shooter with a large range of weapons and a cover system. Obviously the bits everyone are going mad about is that fact that when you shoot the girls their clothes degrade causing their boobs to get exposed. There's also an interrogation bit where you can stick phallic shapes in their mouths and grope them for information. I've already upset someone on twitter because I suggested I may buy it.
Is it wrong that I found that last bit hilarious? It's so wrong yet it sounds in line with other games that get released in japan. Plus I'd really like a decent gird person shooter on the vita so I'll probably grab this as well. In all seriousness, what are the odd of it getting a euro release?

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:56 pm

There's more chance of my c0ck getting a european release.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:16 pm

^ Ha! I can see XSeed chancing it possibly for US though.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:18 am

Approaching the end of Walking Dead, Chapter 4 had some real twists in it and 5 is nicely wrapping things up. Muramasa next.

Picked up a couple of imports this month:

EDF 3 Portable - Asian version £15

Sorcery Saga Limited Edition - US £13

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:42 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:Approaching the end of Walking Dead, Chapter 4 had some real twists in it and 5 is nicely wrapping things up. Muramasa next.

Picked up a couple of imports this month:

EDF 3 Portable - Asian version £15

Sorcery Saga Limited Edition - US £13

Where did you get this for £13?
Id bite at that price.
Thanks in advance Thomas