Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gman72

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by gman72 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:54 am

The Minter Tempest excluxive Vita version is out next week. YESSSSSSSSSSS
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:18 am

gman72 wrote:The Minter Tempest excluxive Vita version is out next week. YESSSSSSSSSSS

\o/ Didn't realise it was that close :) It's going to look lovely on that OLED!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:49 pm

It really should look fantastic.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:53 pm

The Last Ginja wrote:
gman72 wrote:The Minter Tempest excluxive Vita version is out next week. YESSSSSSSSSSS

\o/ Didn't realise it was that close :) It's going to look lovely on that OLED!
can't wait for this - though I hope they price it sensibly - some indie games have frankly unrealistic prices on Vita

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:15 pm

So much for having a week where I didn't spend money on the Vita!

Anyway, I buckled and picked up the new Dragon Ball Z game on the Vita. Fancied a change from Olli Olli as a couple of the last levels are bastard hard in places! It seems like a good game so far, tons of missions and the game is very easy to pick up and play. The combat mechanics are fairly simple but if you know which moves to use you can chain together a pretty decent combo. It looks and runs great as well, one of the best looking DBZ games I've seen so far. And thankfully it encompasses pretty much the entire main saga, so unlike past games it won't cut off after the Cell Saga. Its a pity the fighting system isn't quite as deep as Budokai 3 as that pretty much nailed the feel of the series for me but this is a worthy substitute.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:25 am

God of War collection and Sly Cooper Trilogy coming later this year. Will definitely be picking up GoW as I've only played the PSP versions!

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/10/sly-tri ... rn-spring/

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:46 pm

I got the new Tempest game from Minter off the Vita store today and its bloody class. Trippy in the Pure mode but there is a classic and a survival mode to play on also. The music is class and it reminds me off Tempest 2000/ Tempest X etc. It looks soooooo nice on the Vita screen and the game is perfectly suited to portable gaming and at 5.49 a snip. :D

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Joey wrote:God of War collection and Sly Cooper Trilogy coming later this year. Will definitely be picking up GoW as I've only played the PSP versions!

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/10/sly-tri ... rn-spring/
Not sure about GOW, depends how they run as I have the whole series already on the PS3 so they would have to be impressive ports for me to pick them up around launch. Sly however I'm interested in, I love the first game and really enjoyed the second game. Cut the third game out completely and you have yourselves a deal (I hate that game with a passion).

Today I picked up TxK and gave it a quick try and its ace. Looks, sounds and plays great. A lot of time will be spent on that game. I also completed all pro challenges on Olli Olli and began my "Rad" mode playthrough. Tough due to the fact that you can't slip up at all but still really fun. Both games are well worth the download.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:10 am

That's good work on pro mode there. That's no joke.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Bluce_Ree wrote:That's good work on pro mode there. That's no joke.
Tell me about it. Some of the challenges were seriously nuts. I put the game down several times and came back to it the following day and managed to clear them though. Thankfully the game is just that good that I keep coming back to it!

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:18 am

no doubt. Some of the easy mode challenges are a pain in the arse let alone the pro ones.

Despite not initially rating it, I've been putting a lot of time into Surge Deluxe. Finally nabbed all the skill-based trophies (just one grindy one left to do) and got myself up to 15th in the leaderboards.

I'm liking it.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:55 pm

I'd actually say some of the easier levels seem harder in rad mode. Less grinding and more jumping and seeing as anything less than a perfect landing/grind is an instant fail makes things really hard. Almost done with Rad mode now though, just a couple of stages with insanely tight platforming.

Oh, and I tried and really like TxK. Hard as heck early on though, I can get to about level 13 before I get a game over. It is insanely addictive though so I'll be coming back to this a lot as well.

PaulEMoz

Post by PaulEMoz » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:04 pm

TxK is the most addictive game I've played for years. It might mess with my eyes though. I'm in the Top 20 on Survival Mode and the Top 30 on Pure Mode. I'll be aiming to improve though...

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:58 am

Gunslugs hits today I think. It's pretty ropey looking but it's a challenging run and gunner with a few nice ideas. Worth the few quid they are asking for it.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:56 am

Finally ordered a 64GB card last night. Kept putting it off as I was hoping that a Western release date would be announced, but not a whisper.