Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

greenberet79

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:57 am

ShadowMan wrote:
greenberet79 wrote:I'm defintely interested in the Vita now, with the price drop. Cheapest i've seen it for is £165. Bit skint at the min though, I might just wait until summer, see if it breaches that £149.99 barrier!
Vita's have been cheaper than £150 in HMV and Argos at the tail end of last year so you might want to keep an eye of both of those places again in case they do similar sales. Argos had some decent £130 deals and HMV were doing in store £99 deals at one stage in December if I remember correctly.
D'oh! Clearly I'm not on the ball! Thanks for the tip. I'd never even thought of hmv or argos.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

pantal00ns

Post by pantal00ns » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:38 am

greenberet79 wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
greenberet79 wrote:I'm defintely interested in the Vita now, with the price drop. Cheapest i've seen it for is £165. Bit skint at the min though, I might just wait until summer, see if it breaches that £149.99 barrier!
Vita's have been cheaper than £150 in HMV and Argos at the tail end of last year so you might want to keep an eye of both of those places again in case they do similar sales. Argos had some decent £130 deals and HMV were doing in store £99 deals at one stage in December if I remember correctly.
D'oh! Clearly I'm not on the ball! Thanks for the tip. I'd never even thought of hmv or argos.
Maybe of some use, if you dont mind pre-owned and dont want to wait too long.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-vi ... eValue1=64

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:08 am

Tempted by the under £100 pricepoint. Put off by the price of memory cards

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:47 am

That is a bargain - I bought my psp for about that.

Now how do I explain it to the wife...?

"Oh this? I've had it for ages, you must have seen it before."
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:49 pm

Two more free games for Vita on the PSMobile section of the store...

Rock Boshers DX

Bike Rider DX

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:59 am

I was going to post them up myself, Joey. Cheers for the info anyway.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Rock Boshers is nicely presented, except the screen size is very small. PLaying a 'speccy' game on my Vita put a smile on my face

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:57 am

picked up little deviants sealed for about six quid online and its not too bad so far...played the demo and love anything that uses the rear screen....

filecore

Post by filecore » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:39 pm

Joey wrote:Two more free games for Vita on the PSMobile section of the store...

Rock Boshers DX

Bike Rider DX
Cheers for the heads up. Downloaded. Just upgraded to a 16GB card at Xmas, so got some breathing room now. Loving the Vita, PS Plus and the beautiful screen! :)

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:32 pm

rock boshers - brilliant

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Another game to look out for in the next few weeks is OlliOlli, a mixture of Tony Hawk and endless runner. It's a Vita exclusive too!

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9RqtCk7YYo

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 am

Looking forward to that one. :)

Two more free PlayStation Mobile games today.

Monster Hotel is a fast paced game where you must look after a guesthouse with a variety of very unusual inhabitants! They can be a fickle bunch, and keeping them sweet is going to be difficult.
Compete for the highest score on the online leaderboards and unlock new monsters, bigger hotels and special rooms as you progress.

Quiet Please, on the other hand, is a classic adventure game. After a hard day at school, you just want some peace and quiet. But everything at home is so noisy! Mr. Peabody is obsessively mowing his lawn, dad is channel surfing and mum is yapping on the phone. Your pesky kid brother won’t go to bed, and even your pet kittens are driving you crazy! Explore, interact with your environment and solve puzzles.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/01/ ... et-please/

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Two new things up on the Vita store this week for anyone interested. The long delayed Muramasa DLC is finally started to be released in Europe. The first piece of DLC has you played as a cat girl avenging her masters deaths. Technically if you just play the game through on the easier difficulty and stick with the story its fairly short (3 levels, not counting exploration of the map) but you can do the cave challenges, main game levels as bonuses. Oh, and its bosses are bastard hard on the higher difficulty! The first boss has you fighting two swordsmen and your fairly underpowered. Not hard, just long. The second boss is a marathon, around 6 phases all told, with the penultimate phase insanely hard. Its well worth the £3 odd that it costs, its fun and definitely challenging. Now I wait for the other three bits of DLC and wonder how insane those boss battles could be!

The other fantastic new release is Olli Olli! Its a side scrolling indie skateboarding game. I'm no fan of the genre but picked this up due to the fairly decent price (just ocer £6 with PS+) and great reviews it got so far. And I'm addicted. Tricks are easy to pull off and you have a host of challenges to complete in each level ranging from scores to collecting specific items. Grinding also plays a huge part in the game, as you can grind from many different surfaces and keep your combo meter going as you chain grinds together. The Spot challenges are especially great at demonstrating this, as they force you to clear the levels without breaking your combo.

Its all insanely addictive and very well done. If you want an exclusive Vita game then I recommend this, hopefully the platform gets a few more solid indie games like this throughout the year.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:57 am

Picked up Soul Sacrifice cheap the other day, love the seriously sinister storyline. Not taken on the control method yet but I'm sure it'll click. Anyway putting that on the backburner because I'm going to crack on and finish Gravity Rush. Picked up quite a few PSP games recently just a random aside, I must resurrect my PSP at some point!

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:15 am

gmintyfresh wrote:Picked up Soul Sacrifice cheap the other day, love the seriously sinister storyline. Not taken on the control method yet but I'm sure it'll click. Anyway putting that on the backburner because I'm going to crack on and finish Gravity Rush. Picked up quite a few PSP games recently just a random aside, I must resurrect my PSP at some point!
Have you not got PS+? Soul Sacrifice is currently free if you do.