Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:30 pm

I'm getting Tearaway as well!

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:35 pm

received Tearaway today and have just finished it. its very very short, about 4+ hours in general.

Don't let that put you off though, it is by far the most beautiful and imaginative experience i have had with a handheld or any console thus far. It combines the nostalgia of the classic Playstation brand, those games that never get made anymore (im thinking Crash bandicoot, spyro early days) with the graphics and experience of a modern game. The paper craft worlds are simply amazing to look at in full motion, i genuinely felt that i could recreate the world with paper on my desk, and thanks to the paper craft schematics that are dotted around the game i might well just do that.

I wasn't expecting a story, Littlebigplanet didnt have much of one and the little one it did just set up the creative aspects so that the player could explore those in the end game. Tearaway is dripping in it, i was gobsmacked by how interesting and enriched it is by the time the credits rolled. i am not gonna spoil one...iota of it, play the damn game yourself, if you are a fan of imagination or fun then buy it. you will not regret a second.

and if game length bothers you? Portal was only 3 hours long. This is (in my opinion) the better game.

my game of the year.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

tmc

Post by tmc » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:10 am

Grizzly wrote:received Tearaway today and have just finished it. its very very short, about 4+ hours in general.
Just ordered, how long could you make the game last if you try to collect everything on every level as you go? If it extends the game a bit, think this will be how I approach it.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:04 am

I hate A-Men 2 so much I might die.

Anyway, this Tearaway game. Glad you like it Grizz, I've ordered it about 10 mins ago. Four hours long? That's the perfect game length in my opinion.

Greatness.

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:50 am

Any word of a physical release for The Amazing Spider-Man? It was released on PSN today, but all the online sites have it down as a pre-order still (and it's not listed on Game's website at all).

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:31 pm

tmc wrote:
Grizzly wrote:received Tearaway today and have just finished it. its very very short, about 4+ hours in general.
Just ordered, how long could you make the game last if you try to collect everything on every level as you go? If it extends the game a bit, think this will be how I approach it.
is there any DLC due? I guess it's £20 so they have priced it with lenght in mind..

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:55 pm

I've been spending time on Terraway as well. Excellent little game, great intergration with all of the Vita's different functions and the graphical style itself is really unique. Usually I prefer harder platformers but I'll make an exception for this game as its so nice to explore the varied and pretty environments and just enjoy myself. Only thing I'm not completely digging is the music - some of it is really good, battle music though I'm still not feeling yet (though that's a minor nitpick at most)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:46 pm

tmc wrote:
About 6 to 8 hours tops. There is a camp style checkpoint system so you can go back to previously seen areas and keep abilities you have earnt later on, my recommendation is to complete the story first and then go back. Must be some dlc planned. I can see this going the way of The Maw (probably the closest game to Tearaway.) in the way that there will be directors cut style levels which add challenges and the like. Bring them on I say.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:47 am

Loving Tearaway so far. Only up to the second area but it's infinitely charming so far and made me smile the whole time.

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:11 am

If anyone is on the fence about Tearaway give the demo a go. It's pretty long and by the time I'd finished it, it was showing 9% total completion so you can really get a good feel for everything!

Gigifusc

Post by Gigifusc » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:44 am

I have been offered a Vita + 4mb mem card + LBP for £115.

I'm so tempted to buy it - I reckon he'll take £105 or £110 as well.

Can anyone here talk me out of it please?
:)

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:54 am

Gigifusc wrote:I have been offered a Vita + 4mb mem card + LBP for £115.

I'm so tempted to buy it - I reckon he'll take £105 or £110 as well.

Can anyone here talk me out of it please?
:)
Don't do it, Gigi!

[spoiler]do it, I love my Vita![/spoiler]

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:25 am

The 4mb card may be a bit useless but I couldn't talk anyone out of a Vita, they are too good!

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:02 am

Aye, if you get onto PS+ that 4gb memory card will last you about three minutes.

There's a few of these 8gb+ a bunch o' games packs around.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStatio ... B00DF42SPI

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:27 pm

The Rayman Legends missing 28 invasions levels are now available for free, only a 358 MB download as well.

Loving the Vita at the moment, Tearaway arrived today, and am currently enjoying Killzone, and EDF, and now have 23 boxed games, and another 10 downloaded games to enjoy, anyone would have trouble saying the system has no games now, it is fast becoming my favourite hand held ever, even if the twin sticks kill my hands, just not in the right place for me.