Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowMan

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:36 pm

Morkin wrote:Did everyone jump on that Injustice preorder at Argos for £12.99? I expect it'll get cancelled, but it's worth a go. :lol:
Great bargain, but I don't see an order/add to trolley button on either that or the PS4 version unfortunately else I'd jump on that!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:15 pm

I preordered it around 9AM & then the add to cart thingy disappeared a few hours later. Can't imagine for one second that it'll be honoured. :P

Rayman update. (via Eurogamer)
Rayman Legends launched in September to rave reviews, but Vita players were frustrated to find out that the portable version of the game omitted the title's 28 "Invasion Mode" stages that remixed previous levels into a more challenging form. Ubisoft previously said the missing content would be added as a free update and now we know when: 26th November. Mark it.

The announcement came through the official Rayman Twitter account where it noted that leaderboards will be added too, meaning the Vita version will finally contain all the same content as its console brethren.

This update follows the news that Rayman Legends is coming to PS4 and Xbox One in February.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:14 am

I can't wait for the rest of the Rayman levels to be put ack. It going to make my hunt towards platinuming that game a tad less time consuming!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Bluce_Ree wrote:
Anyone tried Real Boxing? It's £8 but is a shoe-in for eventual PS+ inclusion I'd say. Worth the cash?
If you enjoyed fight Night then you'll love this...well worth the money, but you are correct it will be on ps plus in the next six months

n1nty

Post by n1nty » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Bought Fiffa 14 at Blockbusters for 20 new in Blockbusters today and traded in a few bits to grab Marvel at Game. :D

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:44 am

You'll have to let me know what marvel vita is like. I'll grab it at some stage but not before I get done with the console version!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:39 am

Sidequesting on Dragon's Crown at the moment to level up in order fight the Dragon, really impressed by how varied those missions are, hell it's all so damn impressive!

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:54 am

ShadowMan wrote:You'll have to let me know what marvel vita is like. I'll grab it at some stage but not before I get done with the console version!
They're the same game surely?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:25 pm

samhain81 wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:You'll have to let me know what marvel vita is like. I'll grab it at some stage but not before I get done with the console version!
Nope. Once again the Vita version is just an up port of the 3DS version rather than a console port (and the 3DS version is a different game).
gmintyfresh wrote:Sidequesting on Dragon's Crown at the moment to level up in order fight the Dragon, really impressed by how varied those missions are, hell it's all so damn impressive!
Its a great game and really suited to the Vita. It really feels like a decent spiritual sequel to Capcoms Dungeons and Dragons games.

Also, is anyone else getting Terraway this week? It looks fantastic and I'm surprised to see that its only £20. Can't wait to give it a try...

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:11 pm

I'm enjoying Lego Marvel (having gone into it knowing what to expect) and the objectives per level are giving it a bit of nice replay value. The only downside to that is you cannot see the objectives before selecting a character in free play, which results in you having to back out to the menu and start again due to your character being unable to do certain things.

The only major gripe I really have against it is the lack of cutscenes. They have a cutscene at the start of a level and one at the end, but nothing in between, which makes you confused as to why a certain character is now there. Case in point, one level is introduced with a cutscene showing Black Widow and Hawkeye (whom you the proceed to play as). The next part of the level has you playing as Human Torch, with no detail given as to why you've suddenly switched character.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Injustice is getting a Vita port? HAPPY!

I'm still hammering away at Killzone Mercinery in my free time, cracking game

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:57 am

ShadowMan wrote:
samhain81 wrote:
Nope. Once again the Vita version is just an up port of the 3DS version rather than a console port (and the 3DS version is a different game).
gmintyfresh wrote:Sidequesting on Dragon's Crown at the moment to level up in order fight the Dragon, really impressed by how varied those missions are, hell it's all so damn impressive!
Its a great game and really suited to the Vita. It really feels like a decent spiritual sequel to Capcoms Dungeons and Dragons games.

Also, is anyone else getting Tearaway this week? It looks fantastic and I'm surprised to see that its only £20. Can't wait to give it a try...
Yes mate it's more suited to the Vita than the PS3 for me, the touchsceen interactivity and the pick up and play nature are great to drop in and out of when you're out and about, don't get mw wrong the PS3 port and connectivity is great too.

I must check Terraway out becuase I know nothing of it.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:28 am

I'm reviewing A Men 2 and it's an absolute slog. Far too tricky and lacking all the charm of Lost Vikings which is about the closest thing to it. Ugh. Worst music ever too.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:39 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Also, is anyone else getting Terraway this week? It looks fantastic and I'm surprised to see that its only £20. Can't wait to give it a try...
Sure am. :D I'd also like to get this one.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:17 pm

ShadowMan wrote:Also, is anyone else getting Terraway this week? It looks fantastic and I'm surprised to see that its only £20. Can't wait to give it a try...
Me too, it's one of my most anticipated games at the moment, looks like it'll be a lot of fun. :)

I also bought EDF Portable whilst it's discounted in the recent PSN 'Sci Fi Sale', really really enjoying it. :)
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!