Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowMan

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:30 pm

I've had a couple of issues with Play Asia import tax before. Really annoying more because it seems like Royal Mail sit on the package for weeks before actually delivery the game to me...
The Last Ginja wrote:I'm just downloading Strangers Wrath, looking forward to getting my teeth into that after Rayman which has taken up all my handheld gaming time for the last month. Considering trying for the platinum...

I think the Vita is just about my favourite handheld ever and PS+ just makes it even better!
I'm downloading Strangers Wrath as well. I've been on the fence many times almost picking it up but I'm sorta glad I waited. I've also picked up a 64GB memory card as my 32GB one filled up a while back and because of all the great digital only stuff I've ended up needing a bigger card. Not happy at the prices of the cards but I use the Vita so much that I can justify the cost!

Rayman Origins is a fun platinum. I really enjoyed the game so it was no bother to platinum it (as most of the trophies are really easy to get). Rayman Legends is a bit tougher, a couple of those are hard to get and the maximum level of awesomeness trophy is a complete grind to get (I've almost got it...)
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:08 pm

I picked up Dragons Crown after finding a copy in HMV. I'm enjoying it so far.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Morkin wrote:New game announcement.
HYPERDIMENSION NEPTUNIA PP (WORKING TITLE) TO HIT NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE IN 2014!

Santa Ana, Calif. (October 23, 2013) NIS America is proud to announce the acquisition of Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (working title) for the PlayStation®Vita system for both North American and European markets in 2014. This title has a planned release for both retail and PSN formats. Developed by IDEA FACTORY and COMPILE HEART, the fan-favorite Hyperdimension Neptunia CPU goddesses are back, and this time it is your job to guide them to become Gamindustri’s most popular and up-and-coming idols!

About the game:
The player takes on the role of the main character, who happens to fall into Gamindustri and is immediately hired by one of the four CPUs—Neptune, Noire, Blanc, and Vert—to be their producer and manage their idol careers. Get your training wheels on, ladies, because a new producer is in town and the fate of Gamindustri hangs in the balance! Will you be able to properly raise these CPUs into idols, or will their citizens be stolen away from them by the popular idol group MOB- 48!? Teach these girls to sing, dance, and properly promote themselves to the general populace thanks in part to your expertise in training video game idols back on Earth. As the girls’ popularity rises, they will be able to join one another in singing duets, or maybe even come together for a full ensemble!
http://nisamerica.com/pressreleases/Nep ... 1023pb.pdf
That looks pretty sweet, but I don't think there's enough stuff out that I'd want to justify getting a Vita right now. Just had a look on Amazon, though, didn't realize they'd become fairly reasonably priced. Gah, can feel myself weakening...

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:04 am

Just played Arkham Origins for about an hour - I have to say its really quite good. The only downside so far is the combat not feeling quite as responsive as the console games.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:36 am

My Vita really has been getting some hammer over the past few months with Killzone and Dragon's Crown getting some serious play time, good to see the quality titles starting to crop up with more frequency.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:52 am

Just waiting for my new 32gb card to turn up and then I'm going to plough through this PS+ backlog.

Anyone tried Real Boxing? It's £8 but is a shoe-in for eventual PS+ inclusion I'd say. Worth the cash?

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:06 am

gmintyfresh wrote:My Vita really has been getting some hammer over the past few months with Killzone and Dragon's Crown getting some serious play time, good to see the quality titles starting to crop up with more frequency.
Agreed. I've really been enjoying the digital releases lately plus Killzone. I've not even picked up Batman or Dragons Crown yet plus Terraway is out this month so I've got plenty to be playing!

I've mainly been playing Rayman Legends daily to get the platinum trophy. It's just a matter of hammering the daily challenges for another month or two before I have enough points. I really wish Ubisoft had put more challenge types in place as I've kinda gotten bored of the challenges lately :(

I've also finally got back to and finished Dokuro - an excellent puzzle/platform game that I recommend anyone pick up. Its sorta like a side scrolling platformer version of Ico with some great boss fights. I might aim for the platinum as I've only got 4 trophies left to do...

I also played through Limbo on the Vita. Fun little game and I really liked getting the hidden items but am not sure if I'll go for the "5 or less deaths" playthrough. I've got much more I want to play, once my 64GB card arrives I'll be able to get the rest of my stuff uploaded and download more digital stuff :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:40 am

EDF on sale right now! £12. Less if you've got Plus.

Get onto it. It's fab.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:58 am

WRC 4 is currently £17.99 at Base.com which is a pretty good price for a newish game.

Joey

Post by Joey » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:51 am

I only realised something last night that's obviously common knowledge, is pretty awesome and can't believe I didn't know already...

If you own Wipeout HD/Fury on PS3 and then you can download it for free to your Vita providing you have 2048! It's a pretty damn good conversion too and has to be some of the best looking visuals on the Vita.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:57 am

I finally fired up Ninja Gaiden (whatever version) and it seems absolutely terrible.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:52 am

Bluce_Ree wrote:I finally fired up Ninja Gaiden (whatever version) and it seems absolutely terrible.
Which one? The first game unfortunately has a fixed 30FPS frame rate (half of the console versions) but otherwise seemed like a great port. I've played the heck out of it and will no doubt go back for more at some stage. Sigma 2 on the other hand is a mess that never seemed to have been patched. Bad frame rate (that felt like it runs in slow motion at times), terrible resolution (that gets worse as more action occurs on screen) are the two issues that kill the game for me. I was hoping they might have patched the game to fix it somewhat since release but its just a mess. A really pity (and oddity) as the other Koei games I've played on the system are excellent ports/games.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:53 am

What shadowman said. The second game is let down by a really sloppy port :(

Just started playing Muramasa, it's ace.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:26 am

Did everyone jump on that Injustice preorder at Argos for £12.99? I expect it'll get cancelled, but it's worth a go. :lol:

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Bluce_Ree wrote:EDF on sale right now! £12. Less if you've got Plus.

Get onto it. It's fab.
I've given up on this getting a physical release, so I think I'll need to grab it now digitally.