Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Bluce_Ree

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Bluce_Ree » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:14 am

I know it's been mentioned before but Virtua Tennis 4 (which is currently a fiver from GAME) is really good.

Tempted by Guacamelee. The reviews are so positive. It's good to see the Vita getting another great game.

Has anyone played Unit 13? I want a shooter that uses both sticks and that seems like a good bet. Any good?

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:26 am

I quite liked it, it is not a story driven title, more like playing through a bunch of unrelated missions, a good few against the clock, which I found a bit frustrating, but it looks good, and controls very well, and it has to be said it makes COD Declassified look like an absolute masterpiece, that game is complete garbage, avoid like the proverbial plague.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:37 am

Yep, another recomdation for Unit 13. Get past the tutorial (which turned me off the game initially) and your presented with a decent stealth/action game. Controls are really tight, the games missions are for the whole fun and due to the mission layout its great as a pick up and play game.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:30 pm

I've put a few hours into Dynasty Warriors Next now and I must say I'm really impressed! The demo initially turned me off but now I'm really glad I've picked it up!

Technically it looks great graphically and there's a hell of a lot on screen at any given time. It literally is just like the console versions, I can't see where they've had to make cuts. Working my way through the campaign mode at the moment which seems to be a dumbed down version of the Empires mode - shame, as I'd hoped for proper story driven missions. Ah well! At least there's a whole load of new & re-designed characters from when I last played a DW game :)

The use of the touch screen and gyro is nothing short of brilliant. It actually adds a bit of variety to the game and doesn't ever feel shoehorned in, something I found really surprising :oops:

I can see myself putting a lot of time into this one :)

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks for the Unit 13 feedback, chaps.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:08 am

Soul Sacrifice demo is apparently available to download now. I'm going to have to delete a lot of stuff if I want to give it a try.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Just arrived this morning. Was doubting whether this would ever get a physical release.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:52 pm

Morkin wrote:Soul Sacrifice demo is apparently available to download now. I'm going to have to delete a lot of stuff if I want to give it a try.
Its up now, left it to download this morning. 1.1gig and apparantly your save data carries across to the full game. I'll have to give it a try tonight to see if its any good.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:25 am

Been playing around on the Soul Sacrifice demo over the last day or so and I'm really liking this game, way more than Monster Hunter 3 Tri.

The controls are way more tight and the game is just a much faster pace compared to MH which has contributed to my enjoyment of the game. What I really like though is the fact that all the materials you get can be equipped as weapons for missions - its great fun summoning all manor of weapons on the fly in battles to change your style of fighting depending on the enemy you are battling. Certain missions have huge boss creatures to take down which are the most fun/challenging in the game so far (plus after you beat them, you can then summon them as weapons in future battles).

So I'm really enjoying it so far and can't wait to get the full game in the a week or so time.

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:15 pm

Just got MGS Collection from Game. Was £29.99, reduced to £19.99. I traded in the 4gb memory card that came with the Vita and got it for just under £12. I haven't played any of the games on it before (only MGS1 and the PSP games) so I'm quite looking forward to this.

Just had a thought - an update I'd love to see on the Vita is a save state option like the PSPGo. I know you can 'pause' the game to do other things, but an option to pause and play something different would be nice.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:10 am

Ragnarok Odyssey arrived in the past few days. The shiny packaging sold me. :lol:

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Nice packaging. I'm not sure whether to get the physical version or the UK download (though I'm running out of space on my card). Either that or hope that the pseudo sequel gets an English release as its supposed to be much better.

I've been giving Thomas was Alone a good playthrough over the last couple of days and I really like it. The narrative is fantastic, it makes a game about different squares interesting! Its very easy though which is a tad disappointing but that's really my only complaint about it.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:02 pm

I've just started Thomas Was Alone & I love it. Absolutely love it. The music, the words, the gameplay. But also sad for some reason. Haunting. All this from coloured blocks!

snesfanboy

Post by snesfanboy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Virtua Tennis 4 is great (the career mode) but the game that has sold me now (and that i have put in more hours than Everybody's Golf, Spy Hunter, Rayman and Virtua Tennis 4 combined) is Persona 4 Golden

best game on the Vita at the moment without question for me

englebert3rd

Post by englebert3rd » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:47 pm

snesfanboy wrote:Persona 4 Golden

best game on the Vita at the moment without question for me
Did you get it boxed or off PSN?
Own: Master System, Mega Drive+II, SNES, Jaguar, Saturn, PS1, N64, GBC, GBA+SP+Micro, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, PSP Phat+Slim+3000, NDS Lite, NDSi XL, XBox 360, PS3, Wii, PS Vita.
3DS Friend Code: 1220-6699-2838 - Playing AC: New Leaf and RE: Rev