Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Shinobi

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by Shinobi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Triple post soz
Last edited by Shinobi on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Triple post soz
Last edited by Shinobi on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:38 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:07 pm
Timothy Redux wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 am
I think Yomawari now has a sequel too
Yeah, there are two games in the series. I still gotta play the second game.
Shinobi wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:35 am
That’s it Yomawari it’s on my to buy list. Suprisingly Of the 5 Vita games I own Cursed Castilla or Matilda’s Castle as I first played it under on the PC I actually own the Vita box set. Swapped it off Rodimus Prime.

That is a absolutely punishing game, I’ve meant the first 3 levels so I can consistently do them on 1 life. Getting loads of problems from the boss ‘Don Quoxite’ he looks like the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz but he seems to rarely be vulnerable to attack! The upwards scrolling part with the Gargoyles is also a pig. I can get that flaming sword from the Lady in the lake, but you lose it when you die and it seems the only weapon that’s powerful. The morning Star I normally use as it travels through walls and us powerful but has slow Attack speed..

Did you ever finish it as I hear you have to beat it without continues to get the last level
You don't need to clear the game without continuing to reach the final level, jest get all the tears. You need to get those tears and beat the game within 3-4 continues to get the best ending. And to get the best bonuses during the best ending you need to find all the hidden items and clear a couple of hidden goals. Believe it or not, its easy when you know how, getting all the trophies is harder though - one requires you to basically clear the game without dying using a certain weapon (best weapon in the game thankfully). I've managed it once, one of my favourite achievements in gaming lately!
Unfortunately at the time I could only capture the last 15 minutes worth of gameplay, so I only have me clearing the last couple of levels with the flame sword:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FbRpXYOEVk

Basically you get the flame sword at the beginning of stage 4, and you can't die else you lose the weapon (it only appears in that one point) so you have to clear stages 4-8 without dying while getting the tears as well.
I started to watch your replay but my internet weird-ed out on me. I assume the forest stage with the multiple route sends you back to the beginning if you take the wrong route? Most of the earlier boss I can beat easily after getting their patterns down such as the Chimera the old man in the clouds is quite random(level 2 boss) as is Don Quoxite at least it does seem to have a set pattern, as you can do the Megaman games easily your more suited to hard platform games.. I can almost finish the 1st loop of Ghost and Goblins on 1 credit or get to the dragon boss in the cave.

Not sure I would have the patients to keep replaying CC especially when the fairy and the flame sword are taken from you on death. Which is the best weapon as I know the scythe is the best for speed running but I found it quite weak

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:51 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:38 pm

I started to watch your replay but my internet weird-ed out on me. I assume the forest stage with the multiple route sends you back to the beginning if you take the wrong route? Most of the earlier boss I can beat easily after getting their patterns down such as the Chimera the old man in the clouds is quite random(level 2 boss) as is Don Quoxite at least it does seem to have a set pattern, as you can do the Megaman games easily your more suited to hard platform games.. I can almost finish the 1st loop of Ghost and Goblins on 1 credit or get to the dragon boss in the cave.

Not sure I would have the patients to keep replaying CC especially when the fairy and the flame sword are taken from you on death. Which is the best weapon as I know the scythe is the best for speed running but I found it quite weak
You have to lose the fairy at points anyway for the run. You need keys and a crystal ball at one point which kinda sucks, but its not too bad in the long run (only really gets annoying when you replay it over and over!)

The flaming sword (if you can hold onto it) I found best for speed running. Made clearing the game quick super easy. But the bomb weapon is also really good (its really damaging) but the range isn't great as you'd expect. I forget which other weapons are great, its been a while since I tried speed running it.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Starlight

Post by Starlight » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:35 pm
ALK wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:46 pm
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/02 ... het-clank/

No more PS3 or Vita "Free Games" with Playstation Plus after March 2019. :/
Offerings have been really bad for both for quite a while. Plus what games are offered on the Vita that are any good I already owned! So I'd rather have more Ratchet/Bloodborne months if it means no more PS3/Vita support. Plus they'll add PS5 support soon enough when its released. They are probably starting to get ready for that.
Starlight wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:06 pm
What is going on with 13 Sentiels lately? Last I heard it got a presentation at E3 but then nothing. :(

I hope we get some info on it soon...

Edit: Just checked the "Recommend games for X" thread and was shocked that the Vita isn't on there!

Should we add a thread for it guys?
Could be worth doing. I could recommend a good few games.

As for 13 Sentinels. Its still alive, it got shown off fairly recently (at TGS definitely, maybe at an Atlus conference late last year as well?).
I know a few as well! :D It'll be quite a list for sure.

I have been trying to find news but no gameplay so far so a little worried.
SEGA, Falcom and "Niche" Nintendo fan

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Vanillaware really take their time with games and don't tend to turbo-post updates and loads of teasers. Don't forget how long the original Odin Sphere took to complete!

They are also working on the Dragon's Crown remaster too, don't forget :)

Their games are always worth the wait in my opinion.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:40 am

I forgot they were working on the Dragon Crown remaster as well. Their games are already perfect for me on the Vita, so I don't really see the need to buy it again on the PS4.
I need to get back to my Vita when I get a chance. I have a mountain of a backlog to work through, but Bayonetta on the Switch is too amazing to put down!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:11 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:40 am
I forgot they were working on the Dragon Crown remaster as well. Their games are already perfect for me on the Vita, so I don't really see the need to buy it again on the PS4.
Yeah, it doesn't really have that much new content. New orchestra-recorded soundtrack, 4K support and all the DLC (I didn't know that there WAS any in the original...) plus it's compatible with PS3/Vita saves.

For me it will just be an excuse to play it again!

I've just read that it was already released in Japan last month and should be out here in May. I hadn't realised that it had snuck out like that.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:22 am

Megamixer wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:11 pm
ShadowMan wrote:
Yeah, it doesn't really have that much new content. New orchestra-recorded soundtrack, 4K support and all the DLC (I didn't know that there WAS any in the original...) plus it's compatible with PS3/Vita saves.

I've just read that it was already released in Japan last month and should be out here in May. I hadn't realised that it had snuck out like that.
I'd not heard of DLC either. I wonder if it was as good as Muramasa's was on the Vita...

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:04 pm

think I got a nice Art book with mine when I bought it too -
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:18 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:22 am
Megamixer wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:11 pm
ShadowMan wrote:

I'd not heard of DLC either. I wonder if it was as good as Muramasa's was on the Vita...
I looked it up out of interest and it barely counts as DLC! It was no more than the ability to change the narrator's voice to one of the playable characters'. I'm sure that this was an in-game unlockable anyway but apparently you could pay a few quid to have the feature straight away.

Starlight

Post by Starlight » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:15 am

I am still 1 trophy away from the Plat for Dragon's Crown (100,000 Damage) but the game crashes regularly due to the last update. :/

I need to do it though but can't be bothered trying to overlevel the Wizard for that "Trick".

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:58 pm

I am up to 7 games now in my Vita collection, i might have to get the Vita now to play them on! Lol
I have been picking them up from the local Facebook selling groups over the last few months, the most I have paid for a game is £2!
I have:-
Final Fantasy X
Fifa 15
Sonic Racing
Virtua Tennis 4
Football Manager 14
Disney Infinity with base
Rayman Origins

Starlight

Post by Starlight » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:17 pm

Big Shoes wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:58 pm
I am up to 7 games now in my Vita collection, i might have to get the Vita now to play them on! Lol
I have been picking them up from the local Facebook selling groups over the last few months, the most I have paid for a game is £2!
I have:-
Final Fantasy X
Fifa 15
Sonic Racing
Virtua Tennis 4
Football Manager 14
Disney Infinity with base
Rayman Origins
Amazing prices for that lot!

Definately play Sonic Racing as it's really good for a downport. :)

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:13 pm

Sir Eatsalot - just reviewed this. It's a 2D platformer with very light combat, easy platforming and some reasonably satisfying puzzles. The problem is the level design which is a dreadful mess of backtracking. Absolutely spoils everything.