Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

c0nfu53d

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by c0nfu53d » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks guys. I'll try to get YS VIII tomorrow. Or I might just get 7 on the PSP I haven't played that before either

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Haven't treated my Vita too a game in six months (only jrpgs seem to turn up at local game shops) - a Limited Run games worth a go? They look reliable
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:24 am

Timothy Redux wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 pm
Haven't treated my Vita too a game in six months (only jrpgs seem to turn up at local game shops) - a Limited Run games worth a go? They look reliable
I've picked up almost every LRG released - only ones I passed on were Ray Gigant (I own the Japanese version, I passed on the English physical release as I never want to play the story in English ever again!) and Skullgirls (as I own the Japanese physical release, and ironically its the one Vita game that's been delayed more than any other from LRG so I dodged a bullet there!)
I'm looking forward to getting Munch's Odyssey today :D
Vita wise I've picked up tons of releases over the last year. I think my physical collection is now over 420 games. Last game that arrived was the new Virtual On game. I've played the demo and loved it, can't wait to play the full game.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:11 am

ShadowMan wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:24 am
Timothy Redux wrote:
I've picked up almost every LRG released - only ones I passed on were Ray Gigant (I own the Japanese version, I passed on the English physical release as I never want to play the story in English ever again!) and Skullgirls (as I own the Japanese physical release, and ironically its the one Vita game that's been delayed more than any other from LRG so I dodged a bullet there!)
Vita wise I've picked up tons of releases over the last year. I think my physical collection is now over 420 games. Last game that arrived was the new Virtual On game. I've played the demo and loved it, can't wait to play the full game.
420 games - that's impressive! I think Lumo was the last physical game I bought

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:50 pm

Timothy Redux wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:11 am
420 games - that's impressive! I think Lumo was the last physical game I bought
Thanks :D Lumo is a fun little game, got some performance issues on the Vita but I still enjoyed my playthrough of it.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:21 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:24 am
Timothy Redux wrote:
What was that Survival Horror game called on the Vita you recommended it to me before? I believe it was a little girl with a dog been trying to find it in this thread but no luck it had a weird name? I bought the new Persona dancing game on the Vita but very little else, hardly see any Vita games in the shops second hand or new. Could you recomend any other new VIta games that are worth getting as looking through Shoptonet it seems to be a lot of RPGs..

Stuff I'm looking forward to is Megaman collection and Castlevania Bloodstained or is it just Bloodstained? Could you recommend anything else Jap exclusive games
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Mega Man isn't getting a Vita release, Switch only in terms of handhelds (both collections are already on the PS4/PC though).

The game your thinking of is Yomawari. There are two games in the series now, I still need to play the second, but by the sounds of it its just as good as the first.

Import wise it depends on what your looking for. Rabi X Labi is a great set of platformers that are deceptively difficult but supremely fun when you get the hang of the mechanics so that's worth an import. Cursed Castilla got a limited physical release (I think you can still get it from Playasia) its basically Ghosts n Goblins in all but name. Its amazing. Any of the Ys games are well worth tracking down, doing a playthrough of those currently (finished off 1-3 and Origins) so any you can get are worth a play. Tokyo Xanadu is another great action RPG by the guys that made Ys, so definitely track that down.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:35 am

That’s it Yomawari it’s on my to buy list. Suprisingly Of the 5 Vita games I own Cursed Castilla or Matilda’s Castle as I first played it under on the PC I actually own the Vita box set. Swapped it off Rodimus Prime.

That is a absolutely punishing game, I’ve meant the first 3 levels so I can consistently do them on 1 life. Getting loads of problems from the boss ‘Don Quoxite’ he looks like the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz but he seems to rarely be vulnerable to attack! The upwards scrolling part with the Gargoyles is also a pig. I can get that flaming sword from the Lady in the lake, but you lose it when you die and it seems the only weapon that’s powerful. The morning Star I normally use as it travels through walls and us powerful but has slow Attack speed..

Did you ever finish it as I hear you have to beat it without continues to get the last level
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 am

Shinobi wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:35 am
That’s it Yomawari it’s on my to buy list. Suprisingly Of the 5 Vita games I own Cursed Castilla or Matilda’s Castle as I first played it under on the PC I actually own the Vita box set. Swapped it off Rodimus Prime.

That is a absolutely punishing game, I’ve meant the first 3 levels so I can consistently do them on 1 life. Getting loads of problems from the boss ‘Don Quoxite’ he looks like the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz but he seems to rarely be vulnerable to attack! The upwards scrolling part with the Gargoyles is also a pig. I can get that flaming sword from the Lady in the lake, but you lose it when you die and it seems the only weapon that’s powerful. The morning Star I normally use as it travels through walls and us powerful but has slow Attack speed..

Did you ever finish it as I hear you have to beat it without continues to get the last level
I think Yomawari now has a sequel too

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Timothy Redux wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 am
I think Yomawari now has a sequel too
Yeah, there are two games in the series. I still gotta play the second game.
Shinobi wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:35 am

You don't need to clear the game without continuing to reach the final level, jest get all the tears. You need to get those tears and beat the game within 3-4 continues to get the best ending. And to get the best bonuses during the best ending you need to find all the hidden items and clear a couple of hidden goals. Believe it or not, its easy when you know how, getting all the trophies is harder though - one requires you to basically clear the game without dying using a certain weapon (best weapon in the game thankfully). I've managed it once, one of my favourite achievements in gaming lately!
Unfortunately at the time I could only capture the last 15 minutes worth of gameplay, so I only have me clearing the last couple of levels with the flame sword:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FbRpXYOEVk

Basically you get the flame sword at the beginning of stage 4, and you can't die else you lose the weapon (it only appears in that one point) so you have to clear stages 4-8 without dying while getting the tears as well.

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:34 pm

collecting Tears seems very dark... I like it :)

Starlight

Post by Starlight » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:06 pm

What is going on with 13 Sentiels lately? Last I heard it got a presentation at E3 but then nothing. :(

I hope we get some info on it soon...

Edit: Just checked the "Recommend games for X" thread and was shocked that the Vita isn't on there!

Should we add a thread for it guys?
SEGA, Falcom and "Niche" Nintendo fan

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:46 pm

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/02 ... het-clank/

No more PS3 or Vita "Free Games" with Playstation Plus after March 2019. :/
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:35 pm

ALK wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Offerings have been really bad for both for quite a while. Plus what games are offered on the Vita that are any good I already owned! So I'd rather have more Ratchet/Bloodborne months if it means no more PS3/Vita support. Plus they'll add PS5 support soon enough when its released. They are probably starting to get ready for that.
Starlight wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:06 pm
What is going on with 13 Sentiels lately? Last I heard it got a presentation at E3 but then nothing. :(

I hope we get some info on it soon...

Edit: Just checked the "Recommend games for X" thread and was shocked that the Vita isn't on there!

Should we add a thread for it guys?
Could be worth doing. I could recommend a good few games.

As for 13 Sentinels. Its still alive, it got shown off fairly recently (at TGS definitely, maybe at an Atlus conference late last year as well?).

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:23 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:35 pm
ALK wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Offerings have been really bad for both for quite a while. Plus what games are offered on the Vita that are any good I already owned! So I'd rather have more Ratchet/Bloodborne months if it means no more PS3/Vita support. Plus they'll add PS5 support soon enough when its released. They are probably starting to get ready for that.
I guess, though with me still PS4-less, that makes the sub less desirable. Some pickings are naff, but free was free (For the most part).

Could end up with a PS4 finally within that time, not sure, but suppose it'll be a kick up the butt to get one. Just hope they either add more PS4 games every month, or cut the price down as I doubt PS5 will be offering free titles till at least a year after its released....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.