Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ShadowMan

Re: Playstation Vita games discussion thread

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:59 am

Had an eventful week Vita wise. All my import games ended up arriving within the space of a couple of days!

Risk of Rain:
Imageimage by gouki16uk, on Flickr

Several Dynasty Warriors games (Allstars, Berserk and Godseekers)

Both Mutant Mudds games (love them) and Samurai Warriors 4 Empires:

And a couple of nice CE's:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:01 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:59 am
Had an eventful week Vita wise. All my import games ended up arriving within the space of a couple of days!

Risk of Rain:

Several Dynasty Warriors games (Allstars, Berserk and Godseekers)

Both Mutant Mudds games (love them) and Samurai Warriors 4 Empires:

And a couple of nice CE's:
Brilliant collection Shadowman I would give a arm or a leg for those Panorama screen Snoopy and Popeye, used to own Donkey Kong.. I looked up your game recommendations as a lot of the games you mentioned seem right up my street but most are only available through Ebay and insanely expensive. Could you recommend any psychical release Survival horror games on the Vita there's a 2d survival horror game with a Girl and a dog that the name escapes me..

I' be been Axion verge anothor recommendation of yours. I'm on 96-% map and 88% items just getting really annoyed I can't pass the pink lasers before the last boss. Finally worked out that you have to enter the codes in the exact room. I know the monsters can be corrupted and controlled to turn of the 4 pink lasers but this is just annoying me
Also do you have the root letter box set?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Is Axiom Verge available to order yet?

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:37 pm
Is Axiom Verge available to order yet?
Mine was a digital download it was only £2 cross platform.. Limited Run games said they are releasing Axion Verge, had a email of last Friday saying Broken Age and Deemo where available to buy Still no news on Axiom or Night Trap

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Night trap will be an age away. The only remaining vita games this month is Dariusburst.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:04 am

Shinobi wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Brilliant collection Shadowman I would give a arm or a leg for those Panorama screen Snoopy and Popeye, used to own Donkey Kong.. I looked up your game recommendations as a lot of the games you mentioned seem right up my street but most are only available through Ebay and insanely expensive. Could you recommend any psychical release Survival horror games on the Vita there's a 2d survival horror game with a Girl and a dog that the name escapes me..

Also do you have the root letter box set?
Yamowari is the game your talking about, its getting a sequel this year which also looks ace. Also give Corpse Party a look (might be worth playing the PSP games first as its part of a larger story). Also for games that aren't horror per se, but are very dark/unsettling/spooky try Lone Survivor and Home.

Nope on the Root Letter CE. Just got the base game itself.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:50 pm

I've got root letter on order, it should be here Wednesday. Can't wait it looks neat :)

Standard edition for me too. I don't have the ducats for collectors editions.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:27 am

I've got Root Letter, it's very good.
I have the limited edition and was very upset when it was slashed to half price earlier this year. That's £30 I could have saved…

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:09 am

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:27 am
I have the limited edition and was very upset when it was slashed to half price earlier this year. That's £30 I could have saved…
That's a problem with many Vita CE's I've seen recently. Most seem to drop in price after a couple of months, its only the rare exceptions the shoot up in price. Heck even the LRG releases are not selling out as quick any more... Makes me glad I only go after the games, much more affordable and most hold their price for longer.

That said, three more Vita games ordered today! And I'm totally enjoying the Vita port of Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero. Its a fantastic platformer.

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:18 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:09 am

That's a problem with many Vita CE's I've seen recently. Most seem to drop in price after a couple of months, its only the rare exceptions the shoot up in price. Heck even the LRG releases are not selling out as quick any more... Makes me glad I only go after the games, much more affordable and most hold their price for longer.
Do you have Mind Zero? Is it any good?
I played it for a quick minute today and it seems exactly the type of game I like.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:46 pm

c0nfu53d wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:18 pm
ShadowMan wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:09 am

Do you have Mind Zero? Is it any good?
I played it for a quick minute today and it seems exactly the type of game I like.
I do, but I've not had chance to play it yet!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:06 pm

I have 2 root letter limited editions they where £15 so I bought them both. I would have given you one of my Root Letters for nothing Shadowman if you didn't own it.

I bought Drive Girls a scrolling beat em up with girls who can turn into cars and run aliens over, hopefully it arrives tomorrow looks totally crazee.u

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:37 am

I Am getting drive girls for Father's Day :D

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:04 am

Any idea how good Drive Girls is Darren? Meta critic has given it high marks and it's out off stock on most websites including Shopto

A seller had it new bin £29 on EBay and snagged the last copy. The few other listings on EBay where bin £70. Strange for a newly released game to be this hard to get

batman877

Post by batman877 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:10 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:04 am
Any idea how good Drive Girls is Darren? Meta critic has given it high marks and it's out off stock on most websites including Shopto
ShopTo have got them back in stock... my copy arrived today. I'll let you know my feedback later, but it's refreshing to have an arcade style game on the Vita. Don't get me wrong, I love all the RPG stuff we've been getting (can't wait for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana) but Drive Girls looks great fun...