Who bought MGS HD?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

James A

Re: Who bought MGS HD?

Post by James A » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 am

Rinoa wrote:Agree with Necronom there. Can't believe the original MGS wasn't included in the HD Collection. I reckon they'll probably do a HD remake via PSN & XBL, just to squeeze a bit more money out of us. It's annoying that trophies still haven't been added to MGS4 too. It's the only reason why I haven't given it a second playthrough yet.

I'm looking forward to playing through the HD Collection though, but it'll have to wait for now. February is looking to be a month of RPGs for me!
Isn't there some tech issues with doing HD remakes of PS1 games where it dosen't come out looking any good. You'd think if that was the case then they would port over Twin Snakes off of the Gamecube just for a bit of continuity.

necronom

Post by necronom » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:55 am

I don't see how. They are using a new PS3 game engine and putting the new graphics in that (as they did for a small part of MGS in MGS IV). It's not emulated or anything, so it being from the PS1 won't make any difference.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:12 am

I thought they couldn't do a port of Twin Snakes anyway due to it being a little more Nintendo licensed (not that it'd stop them taking the relevant bits out)

I'd prefer a HD update of the PS1 version because the VR Missions weren't present in Twin Snakes which was poor...

I'm still enjoying the game regardless, I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to the Metal Gear series.

I chose not to transfar my data not because of the trophies but because I wanted to experience the game fully again (which I haven't done since the PSP version came out.)

Still haven't sat down with MGS2 or 3 yet!

PSN username - MartinPhantom

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:03 pm

i really want this but like others i plan to wait for a price drop,i've got the guides for 2 and snake eater which will come in handy for finding the frogs again.the last few on snake eater were a complete 'mare.i'm glad it's the expanded versions with all the vr missions because that's something i didn't get to try out.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

RichL

Post by RichL » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:28 pm

I got it for the 360.

rapidly-greying

Post by rapidly-greying » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:33 pm

I got the ltd edition for ps3 but like so many other games,it will sit unplayed for many passing moons.

I've only ever played the first and second solids and loved every minute of them.

It is a bit odd that they never ported over the first game but I have Twin Snakes and that looks lovely so i'm not overly bothered.

As for the ltd edition,the artbook is spectacular and the tshirt is quite nice but the box is paper thin censored and its one of the worst steelbooks i've ever seen.

Still,at least its not a stickerbook though. I think that 360 owners have been treated disgracefully by konami here,either give both console owners a steelbook or just make the collection playstation exclusive. A stickerbook is as good as a 'censored you' imo.

Does the 360 version come with Peace Walker? Aye,naw?
Keith,Scotland 35,wife n 2 kids,Owned(or own)a NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii,Gameboy,DS,360,Sega MD,DC+GG,Intellevision, C 64, ZX Spec 48k+,PS1,2+3.Fave games are Zelda,Mario,Leaderboard,Tomb Raider,Bombjack,Pilotwings,Ridge Racer,Ico,Everybody's Golf,DAFC fan.

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:49 pm

rapidly-greying wrote:I got the ltd edition for ps3 but like so many other games,it will sit unplayed for many passing moons.

I've only ever played the first and second solids and loved every minute of them.

It is a bit odd that they never ported over the first game but I have Twin Snakes and that looks lovely so i'm not overly bothered.

As for the ltd edition,the artbook is spectacular and the tshirt is quite nice but the box is paper thin censored and its one of the worst steelbooks i've ever seen.

Still,at least its not a stickerbook though. I think that 360 owners have been treated disgracefully by konami here,either give both console owners a steelbook or just make the collection playstation exclusive. A stickerbook is as good as a 'censored you' imo.

Does the 360 version come with Peace Walker? Aye,naw?
No idea as I got it on PS3....

I'm STILL on Peacewalker, right before the last battle (the proper last battle) and been doing the Monster Hunter missions, managed to tranquilise all three of the bastards with just a level 2 or 3 Mosin Nagant and Mk22!

PSN username - MartinPhantom

Budly Moore

Post by Budly Moore » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Not me!