Who bought MGS HD?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RetroMartin

Who bought MGS HD?

Post by RetroMartin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:12 pm

I did Friday and despite owning all 3 games already I have barely been off Peacewalker, I didn't even er Transfar (the hell?) my data and started again, a nice and slick port, and it comes with MG and MG2 also...bonus!

Anybody else pick it up and enjoy it or is it just me and my over use of Snake love? (that sounds so wrong!)

PSN username - MartinPhantom

thevulture

Re: Who bought MGS HD?

Post by thevulture » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:16 pm

:oops: Cancelled my pre-order, just came at wrong time (so many bills at moment), thought i could'nt justify the purchase, as played to completition MGS 2, 3, Peace Walker etc and have a stack of games yet unplayed.

Looks a bloody good HD collection though, so will no doubt pick it up further down the road.

Seen a few folks on here (on my PSN list) picked it up though.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:21 pm

I did. Box is poor, stickerbook is poor, no autosave function (at least for VR missions) :evil:
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

necronom

Post by necronom » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:26 pm

I would have, as MGS is one of my favourite games ever, but then I found out that MGS HD doesn't actually have MGS in it :?
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Saw it in Morrisons for about £25 brand new, but never bought it. I'm figuring it'll be about a tenner within the month, so I can wait. :wink:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:56 pm

I bought 2 and 3 on the PS2 and hated em both. It's good value but I'll wait for the silent hill and zone of enders collections instead.

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:07 pm

I think I'm very much in the minority, but MGS2 is by far and away my favorite of the series. I love Raiden, and I love the slightly-corny conspiracy plot too. I'm tempted at buying the collection - it's great value for what you get - but like Freestyler says, it'll likely be cut in price further sooner rather than later.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:55 pm

I got it and i'm very pleased with it. I've only played Peacewalker and sons of Liberty so far but both are slick ports, although I am finding the controls in Sons Of Liberty quite fiddly but I guess thats more of a reflection on me than anything else. Anyway i'm really into these HD Collections but unlike some on here i'd much prefer to like games than hate them.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

James A

Post by James A » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Will be waiting for it to come down in price / or i get a job this week. More than likely though wait till summer and get the LTD boxset nice and cheap.

Funny thing every shop ive been into has sold out of this.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Id like a chance to replay MGS2 in crispy HD and the previously unavailable (to me) Peace Walker but im planning on getting Snake Eater on 3DS so i feel buying it isnt fully justified. I will very likely get it further down the road.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

Shiva

Post by Shiva » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Got it almost a week ago but ive had no solid time to play it (no pun intended)
Just had a quick go on the subsistence port of metal gear 1 which felt good playing without paying the stupid amount that subsistence demanded on ps2 from release.
Should be starting MGS 3 on wednesday.
RetroMartin wrote:Peacewalker, I didn't even er Transfar (the hell?) my data and started again
Yeah people have been having issues with using their data from the psp version plus you cant gain trophies off it ive heard.
That glorious b*stard before Mr X.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:54 am

why doesn't it have the original MGS included?
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

necronom

Post by necronom » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:07 am

Konami have started annoying my over the last few years.

First they release MGS IV just as Trophies are added to the PS3, then lie about adding them. I'm still waiting...

Now they bring out a HD update to MGS 2 & 3 which are already quite HD, and miss out the one that's completely low res that definitely needed a graphical update.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:59 am

Agree with Necronom there. Can't believe the original MGS wasn't included in the HD Collection. I reckon they'll probably do a HD remake via PSN & XBL, just to squeeze a bit more money out of us. It's annoying that trophies still haven't been added to MGS4 too. It's the only reason why I haven't given it a second playthrough yet.

I'm looking forward to playing through the HD Collection though, but it'll have to wait for now. February is looking to be a month of RPGs for me!

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:46 am

I'm desperate to get my hands on this - however my birthday is on the 14th. No point in me buying it now when I know at least one person is going to get me this (I must be predictable, I always end up with duplicate gifts :lol: )