SNK Handheld

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

The Laird

Re: SNK Handheld

Post by The Laird » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:32 am

Just get somebody in the US to buy it for you and send it on, I have done that before. Depends if you know people in the US of course.

rodarkone

Post by rodarkone » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 am

CraigGrannell wrote:
psj3809 wrote:the company from abroad i'm sure wont put it down as a 'gift'
And, to be fair, nor should they, since doing so would be fraudulent.
If my sisters buys this in US for me as a birthday gift and send it to me in Europe - I don't see why this is fraudulent ?

When you send something from abroad as gift you should use the "gift packing" if available even if it's a little bit more expensive.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:21 am

rodarkone wrote:
CraigGrannell wrote:
psj3809 wrote:the company from abroad i'm sure wont put it down as a 'gift'
And, to be fair, nor should they, since doing so would be fraudulent.
If my sisters buys this in US for me as a birthday gift and send it to me in Europe - I don't see why this is fraudulent ?

When you send something from abroad as gift you should use the "gift packing" if available even if it's a little bit more expensive.
No...that isn't...because then it is a genuine gift.
I think the point was being made that if you purchase an item yourself, then 'encourage' a company or seller to declare it is being sent to you as a gift, then that is fraud.

Hmmm...but what if you're buying it for yourself for xmas...? :wink:

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Less than 3 weeks to go and still there is no info on cards / packaging and future releases.

A lesson on how not to release a machine.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:26 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:Less than 3 weeks to go and still there is no info on cards / packaging and future releases.

Yes there has been, they have shown the box designs and what the cards look like. They also said it would be a few months probably before they released any new games because they are giving so many away with the machine.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:13 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:Less than 3 weeks to go and still there is no info on cards / packaging and future releases.

indeed, epic fail written all over it

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Either HalcyonDaze00 has The Laird blocked or ignored reading his post! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:36 am

The Laird wrote:Yes there has been, they have shown the box designs and what the cards look like. They also said it would be a few months probably before they released any new games because they are giving so many away with the machine.
Where have they shown box designs other than that one mock up shot of ninja masters in that blister pack?

So they're not releasing game until next year because we should be grateful for the 20 pre-loaded games? Or is it because they want to see how much it sells before committing to production of further games...so we may not see any, other than Ninja Masters.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:11 pm

I suppose the litmus test will be how quick the SNK ends up in Cash Generator or Cash Converters, or whatever those places are called these days.

So far they've had 3DS's in after a week on sale, with Vita's after two weeks. I think it took them about a month to start getting Nintendo 3DS:XL's in, but that's probably because CeX seemed to have them all! :lol:
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Freestyler wrote:I suppose the litmus test will be how quick the SNK ends up in Cash Generator or Cash Converters, or whatever those places are called these days.

So far they've had 3DS's in after a week on sale, with Vita's after two weeks. I think it took them about a month to start getting Nintendo 3DS:XL's in, but that's probably because CeX seemed to have them all! :lol:
I'll give it 24 hours after launch until the first Wii U appears in Crack Converters then! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:20 pm

kiwimike wrote:I think the point was being made that if you purchase an item yourself, then 'encourage' a company or seller to declare it is being sent to you as a gift, then that is fraud.
Exactly. Also, gifts aren't exempt per se either—all a gift declaration does is double the exemption to 36 quid.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Freestyler wrote:I suppose the litmus test will be how quick the SNK ends up in Cash Generator or Cash Converters, or whatever those places are called these days.

That's only a litmus test for how easy crackheads can nick them from HMV and Comet...smaller boxes, simple thievery! When I worked in GS years ago, HMV security was appalling. One crackhead managed to nick 6 brand new PSPs from their counter. They ended up in the local cash converters too...

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 pm

A better test is how fast they end up on eBay - crackheads don't have the Internet :)

James A

Post by James A » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Mootown wrote:A better test is how fast they end up on eBay - crackheads don't have the Internet :)
There on there already. Some jokers trying to sell pre orders for £300 and thats a UK seller.

fujiHunter

Post by fujiHunter » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 am

Launches this Thursday (Dec 6th) IIRC. So did anyone take the plunge and order :?:

Despite the fact it looks really nice, I came to the conclusion that £185 is WAY too much to pay for what is essentially a 'console on a chip'. Just not worth the dosh for what it is IMHO... :(

Interestingly, the main Neo Geo X website appears to now be accepting enquiries for trade orders in the Euro region. Just maybe therefore, the item will become available at a more palatable price in the near future!
Last edited by fujiHunter on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.