SNK Handheld

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

AmigaJay

Re: SNK Handheld

Post by AmigaJay » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:45 pm

I've got one eye in it, but I'm still waiting to see if any new games get released for it first, on the official faq it states new games exclusive to the NG X were coming, maybe old neogeo games that were cancelled or never released on the aes? Or new sequels....its intriging, but we heard all that before with the gamegadget so I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'd like to get one next year at some point anyway and plaŷ 2 player games the way they were meant to be played at least.

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:04 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:I'm really having a tough time deciding whether to pre-order this or not, if it was on Play/HMV/Amazon I would've, but I dunno who Funstock are...
They are part of the Blaze/Pqube family I believe, They share Pqubes business address, as someone rather active in the Gamegadget threads, I would not go near this with that amount of my money, if they are remotely involved with it personally.

Seems to be nowhere else to order this from either.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Thanks for the clarifcation, adippm82. The handheld could be 10% of that price and I'd still not buy it as I wouldn't want Blaze receiving a single penny of my money.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:46 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:Thanks for the clarifcation, adippm82. The handheld could be 10% of that price and I'd still not buy it as I wouldn't want Blaze receiving a single penny of my money.
Amen to that, dodgy little group of companies who IMO should not be supported

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:41 am

kiwimike wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:Thanks for the clarifcation, adippm82. The handheld could be 10% of that price and I'd still not buy it as I wouldn't want Blaze receiving a single penny of my money.
Amen to that, dodgy little group of companies who IMO should not be supported
SNK and whichever HK company who manufactured this should not be penalised because Blaze/Pqube are douchbags. If blaze are the only people selling this then you may not be able to buy this anywhere else - except ebay and it super inflated prices.

AmigaJay

Post by AmigaJay » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:21 am

Blaze do have a good supply chain that's one thing in their favour, so you should be able to get this in other retailers probably after Christmas.

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:01 pm

c0nfu53d wrote:SNK and whichever HK company who manufactured this should not be penalised because Blaze/Pqube are douchbags. If blaze are the only people selling this then you may not be able to buy this anywhere else - except ebay and it super inflated prices.
I would look at it this way, if SNK or whoever made this get into bed as it were with a company or companies who have made such a hash of a previous hand held device, then they do deserve to be penalised, if i was to get one of these, it would be second hand so as not to directly support Blaze/Pqube/Funstore.

I also see the main contact name for this device is Jason Cooper, one of the leading lights in the Game Gadget saga.

Also the website for funstock, the main contact e-mail is for andy, is this the same Andy Pearson from Pqube at the same address, who came with a load of hogwash about the GameGadget before disappearing for good, with nothing resolved..hmm.

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:45 pm

adippm82 wrote:
c0nfu53d wrote:SNK and whichever HK company who manufactured this should not be penalised because Blaze/Pqube are douchbags. If blaze are the only people selling this then you may not be able to buy this anywhere else - except ebay and it super inflated prices.
I would look at it this way, if SNK or whoever made this get into bed as it were with a company or companies who have made such a hash of a previous hand held device, then they do deserve to be penalised, if i was to get one of these, it would be second hand so as not to directly support Blaze/Pqube/Funstore.

I also see the main contact name for this device is Jason Cooper, one of the leading lights in the Game Gadget saga.

Also the website for funstock, the main contact e-mail is for andy, is this the same Andy Pearson from Pqube at the same address, who came with a load of hogwash about the GameGadget before disappearing for good, with nothing resolved..hmm.
Exactly. And there will be lost sales due to the association. Maybe significant, maybe not. But reading Eurogamers attempts to get hold of anyone of that lot to front and take a little responsibility, especially one Mr Jason Cooper, as a consumer I would MUCH prefer a different distributor. But living in NZ I can pick one from another area/distributor anyway.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:40 pm

kiwimike wrote:
adippm82 wrote:

Exactly. And there will be lost sales due to the association. Maybe significant, maybe not. But reading Eurogamers attempts to get hold of anyone of that lot to front and take a little responsibility, especially one Mr Jason Cooper, as a consumer I would MUCH prefer a different distributor. But living in NZ I can pick one from another area/distributor anyway.
Indeed. c0nfu53d's thinking appears somewhat confused, it has to be said! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

James A

Post by James A » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Out of curiosity whats the back story with these chaps associated with this. By the sound of it nothing good??

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:23 pm

James A wrote:Out of curiosity whats the back story with these chaps associated with this. By the sound of it nothing good??
Would take ages to go through the whole saga concerning these people and the game Gadget

This is a very good summing up of their previous record on their ill fated hand held :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... a-response

And this thread on here, although it is very long, it was about here that things started to go very wrong for any customers they had:

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... 8&start=60

To add to this, both Blaze and Pqube staff were caught red handed planting fake reviews for the Game Gadget and over 20 other Blaze/Xploder/Pqube products, under the weak assumption where the GG was concerned that the negative reviews were stopping developers and publishers coming on board, so apparently it was not an attempt to hood wink the public into thinking the GG was any good, it was all for the good of the customers in the end as the publishers would not see through it for the ridiculous ploy it was, and start supporting it.

So basically these people have openly lied to their customers from day one, placed dishonest reviews on a major website, passed the product to other closely linked companies to try and make out that the machine was being handled by whole new companies and teams, and finally when the product was getting horrible reviews, and probably another on the cards by Retrogamer, Andy from Pqube, the latest person tasked with trying to stop more bad press, or trying to sort the sorry mess out, take your pick, came on here in this thread:

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=35581

With basically more of the same. I think thy have all now pretty much shoved the Game Gadget on the back burner while they launch this thing.

fujiHunter

Post by fujiHunter » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:49 pm

c0nfu53d wrote: If blaze are the only people selling this then you may not be able to buy this anywhere else - except ebay and it super inflated prices.
I have no idea who set the RRP for the UK (Blaze?), but it seems to me that the UK buyer will already be paying a super inflated price from the get-go! All in (inc. delivery), you'll currently pay approx 50% more than 'Jim Bob' from the USA (based on Amazon.com price).

I guess that's what exclusivity gets you. :cry:

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:48 am

fujiHunter wrote:
c0nfu53d wrote: If blaze are the only people selling this then you may not be able to buy this anywhere else - except ebay and it super inflated prices.
I have no idea who set the RRP for the UK (Blaze?), but it seems to me that the UK buyer will already be paying a super inflated price from the get-go! All in (inc. delivery), you'll currently pay approx 50% more than 'Jim Bob' from the USA (based on Amazon.com price).

I guess that's what exclusivity gets you. :cry:
Will importing it be all that more expensive, when all is said and done?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:08 am

kiwimike wrote:Will importing it be all that more expensive, when all is said and done?
Good point, depends if you get screwed on the customs tax, the company from abroad i'm sure wont put it down as a 'gift' and will show the value on the box so you'll probably get charged customs tax for sure. Plus 'if' there are issues with it easier to send it back to the UK

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:24 am

psj3809 wrote:the company from abroad i'm sure wont put it down as a 'gift'
And, to be fair, nor should they, since doing so would be fraudulent.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com