Retro City Rampage

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:49 pm

lets hope so, and it doesn't become one of those mythical games to be featured in a future issue of the mag!

User avatar
The Beans
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by The Beans » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:52 am

A tweet from a week ago displayed on the official site says,
There's a release window now but I'm not announcing anything yet to leave flexibility for a potential earlier date
I'm really looking forward to this, the gameplay videos look brilliant. I'm probably going to buy it on Steam unless the XBLA release comes first.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

User avatar
the_hawk
Posts: 5859
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by the_hawk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:36 am

Yippee JAM TOMORROW!

The Beans wrote:A tweet from a week ago displayed on the official site says,
There's a release window now but I'm not announcing anything yet as I want the actuality of a release of this game to be as vague and elusive as it has been since 2002
Refreshingly honest of them. :wink:
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:43 am

still nothing new on the website......

User avatar
Lorfarius
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Glossop - North West
Contact:

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by Lorfarius » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:23 am

Goold ole vapourware.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

User avatar
skylarking
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by skylarking » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:20 pm

GOG.com have it for pre-order, which hopefully suggests it won't be vapourware...
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/retro_city_rampage
ENTER IF YOU DARE
PRESS ANY KEY

User avatar
The Beans
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by The Beans » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:06 pm

I am losing faith.
It's usually just after all the announcements about the game being "nearly there" and "we're working hard to get it out" etc that true vapourware suddenly disappears in a puff of pink smoke and we're all left wondering whether it was all just a dream. :(

This game is never coming. It's going to be a developer forever tinkering with it and releasing cool videos of gameplay but never quite finishing the project off. It'll probably be announced for the Wii-U next. Worse, it'll suddenly be coming to that open platform console thing that everybody believes is coming (but probably won't).

My faith is gone.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

User avatar
Mire Mare
Posts: 2560
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:11 am
Location: onboard the Stellar Patrol Ship Feinstein

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by Mire Mare » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:11 pm

The Beans wrote:I am losing faith.
It's usually just after all the announcements about the game being "nearly there" and "we're working hard to get it out" etc that true vapourware suddenly disappears in a puff of pink smoke and we're all left wondering whether it was all just a dream. :(

This game is never coming. It's going to be a developer forever tinkering with it and releasing cool videos of gameplay but never quite finishing the project off. It'll probably be announced for the Wii-U next. Worse, it'll suddenly be coming to that open platform console thing that everybody believes is coming (but probably won't).

My faith is gone.
Mine too :(

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:09 pm

still nothing,

for those of you on twitter, can you ask if it is ever going to be released?

cheers

User avatar
Misery
Posts: 2236
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by Misery » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:05 am

The Beans wrote:I am losing faith.
It's usually just after all the announcements about the game being "nearly there" and "we're working hard to get it out" etc that true vapourware suddenly disappears in a puff of pink smoke and we're all left wondering whether it was all just a dream. :(

This game is never coming. It's going to be a developer forever tinkering with it and releasing cool videos of gameplay but never quite finishing the project off. It'll probably be announced for the Wii-U next. Worse, it'll suddenly be coming to that open platform console thing that everybody believes is coming (but probably won't).

My faith is gone.

This.

Developers need to never say stuff like this until they're ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that it's true. Blabbing about "Yup, we're so close to release!!!1111" and then taking 8 more months is a great way to totally lose trust.

My interest in this one is utterly dead. If it does release, I'm probably just going to ignore it.

User avatar
the_hawk
Posts: 5859
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by the_hawk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:53 am

23 July 2012
The Beans wrote:I'm really looking forward to this, the gameplay videos look brilliant. I'm probably going to buy it on Steam unless the XBLA release comes first.
9 August 2012
The Beans wrote:This game is never coming. My faith is gone.
Please don't take this as having a pop, it genuinely isn't, it's just interesting to see such faith in a project after 10 years of development & smoke & mirrors evaporate in less than 3 weeks.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

User avatar
Lorfarius
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Glossop - North West
Contact:

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by Lorfarius » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:58 am

The sad thing is I can remember way, way, way, way back :lol: to when the NES version was announced and can remember being very excited. I've been keeping an eye on it for several years and it always seems to be teasingly close. I've decided after all the dicking about they aren't getting my money at launch I've waited this long so I'll give it several months for the price to drop and even then they don't deserve it :lol:

Faith lost :(
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

User avatar
The Beans
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by The Beans » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:12 am

the_hawk wrote:23 July 2012
The Beans wrote:I'm really looking forward to this, the gameplay videos look brilliant. I'm probably going to buy it on Steam unless the XBLA release comes first.
9 August 2012
The Beans wrote:This game is never coming. My faith is gone.
Please don't take this as having a pop, it genuinely isn't, it's just interesting to see such faith in a project after 10 years of development & smoke & mirrors evaporate in less than 3 weeks.
That's all it takes I'm afraid.
The three weeks is just the time between a statement saying the game is just around the corner and me getting excited about it and then going back to it a few weeks later and checking out the author's website and discovering he's been saying crap like this for a long, long time. Three weeks is a long time really. Faith can be destroyed in seconds.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

User avatar
Lorfarius
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Glossop - North West
Contact:

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by Lorfarius » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:39 am

There's a development blog on the site as well which is awful. they seem to update it once every 4 months with news about nothing and the last was done in April. So in theory there should be something up there soon.

Also reading through some of the blog comments it appears the developer has been silent for 4 months! It was meant to be out in May but the date came and went without mention yet he's maintaining silence and still selling merchandise off the back of it.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

User avatar
the_hawk
Posts: 5859
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Retro City Rampage

Post by the_hawk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:28 am

The Beans wrote: That's all it takes I'm afraid.
The three weeks is just the time between a statement saying the game is just around the corner and me getting excited about it and then going back to it a few weeks later and checking out the author's website and discovering he's been saying crap like this for a long, long time. Three weeks is a long time really. Faith can be destroyed in seconds.
Indeed! Sad but true.

As with many others I absolutely LOVE the idea of this game I just can't see it ever coming to light.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests