Has the 3DS turned the corner?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowNeku

Re: Has the 3DS turned the corner?

Post by ShadowNeku » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Assuming you put in the game first, then clip the thing onto the 3DS.
It is an abomination but i suppose well have to live with it.

Quite happy to hear the 3DS is doing well now. I was unsure as to wether or not id have anything to look forward to with the growing list of cancelled titles, EA expressing their lack of interest in pursuing 3D gaming and the severe drought of new releases. Fingers crossed next year will be a good year for 3DS owners.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:02 pm

ShadowNeku wrote:Fingers crossed next year will be a good year for 3DS owners.
Definitely. Competition has gotta be a good thing. :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:06 pm

With a huge add on like that though, the 3DS is going to have a tough time turning any corners!
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:07 pm

nakamura wrote:With a huge add on like that though, the 3DS is going to have a tough time turning any corners!
it will
but slowly
with flashing lights and beeping sounds

anyway its silly there isnt a pass through connection or anything
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:12 pm

nakamura wrote:With a huge add on like that though, the 3DS is going to have a tough time turning any corners!
Capcom's next 3DS controller attachment?

Sarcasm, not genuine! :wink: :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Well it's had a huge price cut and nintendo have stopped wii development to turn the 3DS around. It seems to be doing much better, the problem is their share of the home console market has dropped over the last year, mostly because there have been very few new games on wii. Wii U launch has probably been put back too, only time will tell if it was worth it. I would much prefer nintendo to have either a home console or handheld, they don't seem able to support both at the same time.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:27 pm

all that and all it wil do is open the game compartment
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:36 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:

I'd buy it :wink:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:45 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:

Monster Hunter 3 introduced the Classic Controller Pro, the 3DS ones are somewhat for the Circle Stick.

What I worry about is what the hell a Monster Hunter WiiU will use/require... o.o
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Read in the paper the other day (honestly forget which, but it was 5.40 AM, left on canteen table from night shift, i was just 'aving a brew to wake up before clocking in), that 3DS was THE most wanted gift for kids this xmas, if true, this combined with some good news stories about sales figures etc over last few weeks, then i'd say yes, yes it has turned the corner.

Hardware i think still needs an urgent re-design as that add-on is an abomination and makes it the biggest handheld i can recal since Lynx Mk 1 (and Lynx Mk2 was a sweet piece of redesign in my eyes), but i find it great that in these days of mobile phones and i-devices (i say this as an ipad 2 owner of less than a week..), that dedicated gaming devices can still do well in the market.Hopefully Vita will also do well, i like dedicated gaming devices and would loathe to see them dissapear and replaced by an all in 1 phone/gaming device only option.

Assume Nintendo still loosing money on the hardware though, that must be a concern for them...

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:57 pm

thevulture wrote:Read in the paper the other day... that 3DS was THE most wanted gift for kids this xmas...
Here's hoping the parents of all these prospective young new 3DS owners somehow manage to make their children adhere to the health guidelines regarding the use of such 3D devices for minors.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:06 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
thevulture wrote:Read in the paper the other day... that 3DS was THE most wanted gift for kids this xmas...
Here's hoping the parents of all these prospective young new 3DS owners somehow manage to make their children adhere to the health guidelines regarding the use of such 3D devices for minors.
:wink: If they are anything like my sister and my brother in law, as long as the kids left them alone (the old 'go and play with your (Insert expensive new gadget of choice here) in your room-i.e don't disturb the grown ups'...it could dispense crack via a used needle and they'd pay little attention.

Same paper also claimed a 4 year old asked for an ipad 2!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:18 pm

thevulture wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:
:wink: If they are anything like my sister and my brother in law, as long as the kids left them alone (the old 'go and play with your (Insert expensive new gadget of choice here) in your room-i.e don't disturb the grown ups'...it could dispense crack via a used needle and they'd pay little attention...
If that proves a common occurrence then it's quite worrying in terms of the potential harm 3DS may do to young children. :?

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:19 pm

You can turn the 3d off via parental controls so it requires a pin to turn on. The 3d slider is effectively disconnected as well.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Mootown wrote:You can turn the 3d off via parental controls so it requires a pin to turn on. The 3d slider is effectively disconnected as well.
:wink: Even in this day and age my sister struggles to type a text message, so setting up a 3DS to enter a pin number...cannot see that happening.

She's not stupid, just not technology driven.