Ebay idiots

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

shiftytigger

Ebay idiots

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:19 am

Had a wonderful retard today

Upon winning my Wii remote , I sent him payment details with a little note about paying before christmas and delayed postage.

Here was his eloquent,well thought out and considerate reply.

'sry mate got 1 for £9'

Nice - just pick and choose which bid you wish to accept..on a finished sale.

The name to watch

carpy-kyle

5 rated and obviously in full possession of a literacy certificate (that he Photoshopped to put his name on)

shiftytigger

Re: Ebay idiots

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:21 am

Is there a Wall of Shame? No seller should have to put up with this.

No wonder I sell on Amazon as well.

Are there any other viable selling methods? Most alternatives like Ebid etc are rubbish.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:29 am

^Theres a thread for it on Jamma+

All arcade cabs that just make you want to hurt the person responsible

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:36 am

What a retard. Tell him his winning bid means that payment is a contractual requirement. You'll never see the money but should censored him off a bit.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:44 am

I can just tell what response I will get. Only thing I can do is start a non paying bidder dispute and knowing he will not pay,wait for the expire date and 'strike' him.

Nothing beats the old childish rant over feedback - thanks for denying me my rant ebay.

In all honesty,Ive dealt with quite a few (Chris numbers included!) - as my blocked bidder list will testify to - but this is simply the most annoying for its attitude.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:51 am

Yep make sure you do the non-paying bidder thing, if he gets a few of those he'll be struck off

Problem is a lot of people moan about ebayers but dont seem to follow up this sort of thing, if they do theres a good chance that idiot will be kicked off. Very frustrating though, any chance of offering it to the second highest bidder ?

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:04 am

I have put on a second chance offer. I know it seems a bit petty over a £10 item but you have to take a stand - its the only way you can contribute to helping others avoid the retards.

Apart from revenge buying on another account :twisted: , but both my accounts are too good to sacrifice.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:06 am

Totally agree with you, this might be only £10 but the next time he does this trick it could be much more. Idiots like that have to be struck off so do that non-paying bidder thing on him for sure

crusto

Post by crusto » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:04 pm

shiftytigger wrote:Had a wonderful retard today

Upon winning my Wii remote , I sent him payment details with a little note about paying before christmas and delayed postage.

Here was his eloquent,well thought out and considerate reply.

'sry mate got 1 for £9'

Nice - just pick and choose which bid you wish to accept..on a finished sale.

The name to watch

carpy-kyle

5 rated and obviously in full possession of a literacy certificate (that he Photoshopped to put his name on)

I gave up selling on Ebay years ago after being ripped off by a guy with a fake credit card. I ended up being treated like I was the one who had done wrong, by Ebay, Paypal and Blizzard Entertainment. Its a terrible site if you ask me. Any one with genuine intentions on there is setting their selves up for a fall imo.

I only use it as a last resort nowadays. And even then it makes me feel sick doing so.

Eat your nans pants

ipmarks

Post by ipmarks » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:24 pm

I've had this happen twice in the last couple of months.
Once the buyer claimed poverty, and said unexpected circumstances meant he couldn't complete purchase... if true then I probably don't mind and understand.
The second time though a buyer bought an Atari 7800 console off me, won the auction, and then two days later sent me a message that simply said 'no longer needed'??? To my shame I just swore silently, and relisted it, reading this thread I should have chased him up.

eBay is rubbish for sellers now we can't leave anything but positive feedback. In the end I think it will be the death of the site, as so many people I know, who are honest and genuine sellers are leaving the site as they are losing money on so many items with dodgy buyers refusing to pay, or saying item didn't turn up or was damaged - when it wasn't.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:38 pm

I have no issue with people asking me to wait a little for payment - as long as they ask , but I do object to a choice being made after an item has been bid to a certain price.

It is becoming more and more frustrating to sell on there - I used to enjoy it when the playing field was a little more even but now it is difficult to want to carry on.

I use Amazon , have heard of Craigslist and Gumtree (having used Gumtree I would hesitate to use it again) , I have registered with Ebid and playtrade (pointless) but
are there really any other sites that actually have buyers and customers?

What does everyone else use?

ipmarks

Post by ipmarks » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Completely agree with everything you just said.
I don't have any solutions though as I've tried all the sites you have, eBid, Gumtree, Amazon etc. and have found them lacking. Some of them have much better features than eBay, but they just don't have the users, so I found you struggle to get bids in the first place.

James A

Post by James A » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:08 pm

I used to be on ebay all the time but now i hardly use it with the amount of idiots and con artists on it. Its very rare i put stuff on now and even then its in drips and drabs as ive found doing one of large listings chews up a massive amount of time.

van

Post by van » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:57 pm

I do some selling on eBay and I am QUICK to strike a non paying bidder. If you win, just PAY!
I don't have time to chase people down. I agree eBay really stepped in it when they took seller feedback away, but what really gets me now is that eBay takes 9% cut of the SHIPPING COST!!
That right there is bull****
I get that people were inflating shipping to avoid fees, but to skim 9% from every auction in addition to listing, final bid, and paypal, eBay is killing us.

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Happened once, but with a DVD. I asked if I could pay in 2 days, the seller said that was okay. Then when I did, he refunded the payment, stating I "took weeks to pay up".

Think he was just sore I got a bargain off him. :/
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.