wii U

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Matt_B

Re: wii U

Post by Matt_B » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:05 pm

It's not so much the price for me, but the games. I'll probably get one when there are half a dozen must have exclusives for it, but I don't think it's even half way there yet.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much in the third party department - as I never do for Nintendo machines - but given the machine's specs and relatively good graphics performance, I'd have thought it'd have been getting a lot more PC/360/PS3 ports than are currently on the radar.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 pm

I am completely confused with the Wii-U and Nintendo. I like Zombie-U, Nintendoland and TANK TANK TANK - and I want to like NSMB and am trying very hard (I can see it is a good game - just makes me angry all the time :? )

BUT where are the next batch of games? I think I could list maybe 3 games that are in the pipeline and that is it! Ninty did wonders with the Wii and for the 1st time I was really enjoying something from Nintendo :) But this, the Wii-U, Ninty seem to have lost it and I am starting to see them as NSMB of the Console makers - I feel myself getting angry that having purchased it on launch at what now seems to be wasted cash, ninty seemingly have abandoned promoting it and lost the interest of getting the big boys making games for it!
I look at Joystiq and Eurogamer daily and the only Nintendo news is 'blah blah blah is coming out on 3DS' or 'blah blah blah is no longer exclusive to Wii-U/delayed'......

I'm sure in 6 months time I'll look back at that and laugh whilst the console bounds back with some awesome games.............. that maybe cloud cuckoo land though :| :x
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:58 am

Don't forget the promising-looking The 90's Arcade Racer discussed elsewhere on the forum. :D

Sure, the game is also coming to Windows PC, Linux PC, Mac, iOS and Android but at least the Wii U version will be the only home console version... for now at least.

Not that I'll be getting it for my Wii U because, seemingly as ever, the PC version will likely be the pick of the bunch.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:47 am

Was watching Ginx Sports the other night, and they had a review of FIFA 13 for Wii U on it...and that interested me. If there are more reviews that can show their tablet controller can give you a better gameplay experience than other consoles, they may snag me. It has potential IMO

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:12 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:Don't forget the promising-looking The 90's Arcade Racer discussed elsewhere on the forum. :D

Sure, the game is also coming to Windows PC, Linux PC, Mac, iOS and Android but at least the Wii U version will be the only home console version... for now at least.

Not that I'll be getting it for my Wii U because, seemingly as ever, the PC version will likely be the pick of the bunch.
Plus also, with the apparent involvement of Nicalis in the project, it's highly likely that any release on the UK Wii U E-Shop will be delayed until several months after it's launched on the US Wii U E-Shop anyway, given Nicalis's track record with their 3DS E-Shop games.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:52 am

Morkin wrote:I think my jumping on price will be £150. Don't know how long that will take though.
Inside six months..... thats my guess.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:31 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:Don't forget the promising-looking The 90's Arcade Racer discussed elsewhere on the forum. :D

Plus also, with the apparent involvement of Nicalis in the project, it's highly likely that any release on the UK Wii U E-Shop will be delayed until several months after it's launched on the US Wii U E-Shop anyway, given Nicalis's track record with their 3DS E-Shop games.
Your glass really is half-empty, it seems! :P
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

dste

Post by dste » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:05 pm

ASDA and ShopTo have cut prices of the 8GB bundle and Nintendo Land bundle to £199 and £249 respectively.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news ... -asda.html
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Atariboy

Post by Atariboy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Has Nintendo patched in a 4:3/16:9 switch for Wii mode yet so users aren't forced to have their Virtual Console downloads and other 4:3 content stretched to 16:9 right along with the widescreen games?

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Nintendo Wii U Console 8GB White Basic Pack now £189.85 from shopto.net's site (as opposed to their aforementioned ebay outlet) -
http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/wii ... 640c23d7c2

AmigaJay

Post by AmigaJay » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:46 am

As with the Sony PSVita, price drops mean nothing without decent software, paying £50 for most of the same software already on PS3/Xbox with a little updating isnt cutting it for Nintendo, and until a new Mario kart and 3D Mario title come out the sales are gonna stay pretty low for a while yet, this xmas some decent exclusives will come, but by then the other consoles will come along and make it harder this generation for Nintendo, i've no crystal ball but i predicted the Wii U wont sell half of what the Wii did because most people bought that for Wii Fit and Wii Bowling for familys.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:15 am

AmigaJay wrote:... i've no crystal ball but i predicted the Wii U wont sell half of what the Wii did because most people bought that for Wii Fit and Wii Bowling for familys.
I predicted the same thing several months ago. I think history will judge Wii as a blip in what was previously a downward spiral, i.e. every Nintendo home console sold fewer units than the one before it until Wii. I suspect Wii U will likely see Ninty return to third place in the home console wars. That said, with Sony offering a consolised mid-range PC as their next home console and Microsoft seemingly taking their eye off the ball (playing videogames on next-gen Xbox seems to be far from their top priority) then things might not be so bad for Ninty after all once they start rehashing the same old same old IP again to give the mainstream a reason to buy their console.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 am

Tricky one. If Nintendo sell only 40m Wii U machines, it will be seen as a failure but provided they sell a crap load of software then they should do okay out of it. They have certainly done well off the back of their portable sales as console sales even the NES have generally declined as DCRip said. They really need to get games like Mario Kart, Smash Bros and Yoshi out this year, in time for Christmas would be ideal for them.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Shigeru Miyamoto:
With NFC, that's a feature that everyone that owns a Wii U can take advantage of. So that's what we're putting our priorities right now. We're hoping that in the near future we'll be able to show you something that will take advantage of the NFC on Wii U and people will be able to enjoy that
Skylanders. That's what that means. But possibly with Nintendo characters! Skylanders is the ultimate in microtransactions.
I do think Skylanders is great though, even if it's a total money pit. Fun game with nice collectibles.

Would a Ninty version be welcomed then? Lots of characters for Nintendo to plunder and sell as little game related toys. Lots of money to be made.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.