Game Hunting - What Games are you Trying to Acquire?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

thingonaspring

Re: Game Hunting - What Games are you Trying to Acquire?

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:25 pm

not particularly rare i don't think, but always wished i;d picked up two copies of ps1 pang collection. i bought one for a friend for his birthday since we both loved teh amiga version.
he won't give it to me now, or sell it to me :D :lol:

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:26 am

thingonaspring wrote:not particularly rare i don't think, but always wished i;d picked up two copies of ps1 pang collection. i bought one for a friend for his birthday since we both loved teh amiga version.
he won't give it to me now, or sell it to me :D :lol:
Its fairly rare and always goes for good money, I picked up one, which sadly had no back inlay or instructions for around a tenner. But complete ones can go for alot on occasion.

A few things, that I have on my look out for list:

N64:
Paper Mario
Destruction Derby 64
Mario Party 3 (ONLY the box, I have cart & instructions)

PS1:
R-Type Delta

Dreamcast
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
Super Street Fighter 2 X: For Matching Service (JAP)
Space Chanel 5 Part 2

...and any Snes Game, box, instruction manual, inner white tray, I don;t have!
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:13 pm

bensonrad wrote:Space Channel 5 Part 2
That's another Japanese release. You can get it with English dialogue for PS2. At one point there was a project to do a fan translation (with new dialogue) for DC but I don't think it ever came to anything. Why the PS2 dialogue hasn't been ripped to replace the Japanese on DC I'm not sure, it should be relatively easy.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
That's another Japanese release. You can get it with English dialogue for PS2. At one point there was a project to do a fan translation (with new dialogue) for DC but I don't think it ever came to anything. Why the PS2 dialogue hasn't been ripped to replace the Japanese on DC I'm not sure, it should be relatively easy.
Said fan translation of the original DC release was completed way back in 2007 and a more complete version was completed earlier this year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Chan ... sh_Version

Great to see the PS3/PSN 'HD' update reviewed in RG this month. The game was a day one purchase for me (no surprise given my avatar!) and it's a damn fine game. :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

James A

Post by James A » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:34 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Aye there's quite a few sellers doing it cheap on import - I picked up a copy. I've been warned that it's really hard but there no way it could be as tough as shattered Soldier!!
The main thing that took me a while to get used to was the game being split over two screens. Its easy to ignore the goons on the top screen shooting at you when your fixed on trying to dodge the enemies on the bottom screen! Its nice and tough but after a lot of deaths you get used to it. Like you said, I find it easier to deal with compared to getting the best ranks on SS.
Thanks for the overview mate, I can see how the split screen would throw you it seems like a very strange perspective!

Actively looking for two PS2 games now, both going to be s0ds to get in good nick and complete for a sub £30

Metal Gear Solid 3 subsistence and Silent Hill Collection
Gminty ive sent you a message about the Silent Hill collection but im not sure if its gone through. Anyway got a copy if your interested.

Gmintyfresh Returns

Post by Gmintyfresh Returns » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:30 am

James A wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote: Metal Gear Solid 3 subsistence and Silent Hill Collection
Gminty ive sent you a message about the Silent Hill collection but im not sure if its gone through. Anyway got a copy if your interested.

Hello mate unfortunuately my Gmintyfresh account is unactivated at the moment due to changing my password........ it's a long story...

Want to talk about this via PM?

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:38 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:
Said fan translation of the original DC release was completed way back in 2007 and a more complete version was completed earlier this year.

Great to see the PS3/PSN 'HD' update reviewed in RG this month. The game was a day one purchase for me (no surprise given my avatar!) and it's a damn fine game. :D
I really wanted to get part 2 for PS2 but it was so damn expensive. Then I looked properly at my ltd edition US version that was under a tenner and it contains part 1 and 2! Why people pay big money for the pal version is beyond me.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

van

Post by van » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Godstar wrote:I'd really like to get a copy of Snatcher for Sega CD....though it seems that it's a sought after game since it's fetching a hefty price. Must be all the Kojima fanboys.
Second.

Evander

Post by Evander » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:27 pm

A few usual and not so usual suspects from me.

Battletoads (NES)
Snatcher (MCD)
Castlevania SOTN (PS1)
Metal Slug (AES)
New Super Mario Bros (Wii)
Desert Strike (Lynx)
Agony (Amiga)
Final Fight (SNES)
Clock Tower (SNES)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES)
Chase HQ (Saturn)

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:11 pm

Virtually ever MGS:subsistence and Silent Hill collection I come across in local CEX's looks like it has been wheelspun on.

Im not much of a collector on ps2 stuff at the moment , its too new for me...

Was quite pleased lately to have come across 2 special editions I wasnt even looking for,but couldnt pass up for £2.00 each

The getaway - 100,000,000 discs edition (special edition in grey tinted sleeve (BT vans unedited!)) - sealed
and
Hardware online arena 150,000,000 discs edition - not sealed but very tidy

as well as one i had never even heard of

Torrente 3 : the protector

Sadly trawling through CEX/Gamestation gives me little pleasure these days

My most wanted game at the moment is probably Beggar Prince or Legend of Wukong for the MD

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Shifting my focus back to PC Engine Shooters and JAP PS2 Sega Ages 2500 sets

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:39 am

Off out at dinner to try and snag a copy of MGS Portable Ops again, wish me luck!

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:45 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:

What was the deal with the Jap Dreamcast Space Channel 5 part 2(Big Box).. The few times I saw it on evilbay its sold for over £200! I know you get a Ulala Alarm Clock and somebody said you also get her Headphones she wears... Is it the merchandise that make it worth the money or because it was released near the end of the Dreamcasts life and a low print run?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:55 am

Still looking for a cheap copy of MGS PO, cursing all those times I saw it for a crispy fiver!!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:00 pm

I can rest easy now that I got that Soul Calibur IV steelbook :D . Can't wait to get hold of the special edition for V when it comes out.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.