Game Hunting - What Games are you Trying to Acquire?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DPrinny

Re: Game Hunting - What Games are you Trying to Acquire?

Post by DPrinny » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Cheap Paroduis on PSP

Under a tenner

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:16 am

Megamixer wrote:
AceGrace wrote:
Megamixer wrote:I should also add that I've been looking everywhere for a complete steelbook CE of Soul Calibur IV for ages now but it's much rarer than I thought and usually stupidly expensive or missing either the DVD or character booklet. Wish I'd owned a PS3 when it originally came out!
I have got a steel book case for SC4 on PS3. When I bought the game in Gamestation they handed me the steel book and the game in the normal case separately.
Did you get the bonus DVD and character booklet too?
I think so.

dste

Post by dste » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:22 pm

The two main games I'm after at the moment are Pokemon XD and XGRA for the Cube as they will be a big step to finishing off my collection.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:35 am

AceGrace wrote:
Megamixer wrote: I have got a steel book case for SC4 on PS3. When I bought the game in Gamestation they handed me the steel book and the game in the normal case separately.
Did you get the bonus DVD and character booklet too?
I think so.[/quote]

I had a similar experience, I preordered the LE from an online retailer (Gameplay I think), they sent out a copy of the standard game on release and then sent the LE steelbook and extras about a week later. I seem to remember there was a manufacturing problem so they had to issue the game like this. I see far more copies of the PS3 version on my travels than the 360 version - and they're normally scratched to fu$K.

Finally picked up a copy of GT5 signature edition for a non-ridiculous price, now on the lookout for a cheap US copy of Contra 4 on the DS.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:50 am

gmintyfresh wrote:...now on the lookout for a cheap US copy of Contra 4 on the DS.
Cheapest I've found is £16.49 on eBay.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:13 am

Morkin wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:...now on the lookout for a cheap US copy of Contra 4 on the DS.
Cheers boss got my eye on a copy from the US that's priced at around £9 including p+p, hopefully not a bootleg!!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:41 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:I had a similar experience, I preordered the LE from an online retailer (Gameplay I think), they sent out a copy of the standard game on release and then sent the LE steelbook and extras about a week later. I seem to remember there was a manufacturing problem so they had to issue the game like this. I see far more copies of the PS3 version on my travels than the 360 version - and they're normally scratched to fu$K.
Don't suppose you could give us a heads-up if you see a decent condition one with all the bits inside? I did see one once but it didn't have any of the extras in so I left it.

There's a seller on ebay trying to flog the PS3 version inside the 360 Yoda steelbook for £60!!!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:03 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:
Morkin wrote:
Cheers boss got my eye on a copy from the US that's priced at around £9 including p+p, hopefully not a bootleg!!
Oops. Didn't search other countries. :oops: Quite a few factory sealed ones there. Very tempted indeed.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:29 am

Megamixer wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:I had a similar experience, I preordered the LE from an online retailer (Gameplay I think), they sent out a copy of the standard game on release and then sent the LE steelbook and extras about a week later. I seem to remember there was a manufacturing problem so they had to issue the game like this. I see far more copies of the PS3 version on my travels than the 360 version - and they're normally scratched to fu$K.
Don't suppose you could give us a heads-up if you see a decent condition one with all the bits inside? I did see one once but it didn't have any of the extras in so I left it.

There's a seller on ebay trying to flog the PS3 version inside the 360 Yoda steelbook for £60!!!
No problem I'll keep my eye out mate.
Morkin wrote: Oops. Didn't search other countries. :oops: Quite a few factory sealed ones there. Very tempted indeed.
Aye there's quite a few sellers doing it cheap on import - I picked up a copy. I've been warned that it's really hard but there no way it could be as tough as shattered Soldier!!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:40 am

gmintyfresh wrote:Aye there's quite a few sellers doing it cheap on import - I picked up a copy. I've been warned that it's really hard but there no way it could be as tough as shattered Soldier!!
The main thing that took me a while to get used to was the game being split over two screens. Its easy to ignore the goons on the top screen shooting at you when your fixed on trying to dodge the enemies on the bottom screen! Its nice and tough but after a lot of deaths you get used to it. Like you said, I find it easier to deal with compared to getting the best ranks on SS.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:14 am

ShadowMan wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:Aye there's quite a few sellers doing it cheap on import - I picked up a copy. I've been warned that it's really hard but there no way it could be as tough as shattered Soldier!!
The main thing that took me a while to get used to was the game being split over two screens. Its easy to ignore the goons on the top screen shooting at you when your fixed on trying to dodge the enemies on the bottom screen! Its nice and tough but after a lot of deaths you get used to it. Like you said, I find it easier to deal with compared to getting the best ranks on SS.
Thanks for the overview mate, I can see how the split screen would throw you it seems like a very strange perspective!

Actively looking for two PS2 games now, both going to be s0ds to get in good nick and complete for a sub £30

Metal Gear Solid 3 subsistence and Silent Hill Collection

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:18 am

Not sure about good nick but virtually all branches of CEX have copies of Metal Gear 3 Subsistance.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:23 am

AceGrace wrote:Not sure about good nick but virtually all branches of CEX have copies of Metal Gear 3 Subsistance.
Yep the one near me has the oversized boxed one I'm after but it's £32, a touch more than I want to pay. :D

Godstar

Post by Godstar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:58 pm

I'd really like to get a copy of Snatcher for Sega CD....though it seems that it's a sought after game since it's fetching a hefty price. Must be all the Kojima fanboys.

TyronW

Post by TyronW » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Metal Gear Solid on the GBC and a Ghostbusters II on NES. Both CIB.