Game Hunting - What Games are you Trying to Acquire?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

gmintyfresh

Game Hunting - What Games are you Trying to Acquire?

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:36 pm

I love hearing collecting stories, so what games are you actively trying to buy/acquire at the moment?

Any close misses or stories about why you're trying to add this game to your collection?

Anyone discovered a game that they didn't know existed till recently and want to share with other members?

gmintyfresh

Re: Game Hunting - What Games are you Trying to Acquire?

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Personally I've been trying to get a complete GT5 Signature Edition for the last month, It's pretty expensive everywhere so I've been resorting to ebay. I've been gazumped by last second bids a few times but I know it's possible to win the game for less than £45. I'll get there someday just got to be patient and not chuck too much money down to guarantee a purchase!!

GunstarHero

Post by GunstarHero » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:35 pm

I would love to have Street Fighter Zero 3 for the Saturn. Can't seem to find it anywhere for under £60.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:45 pm

GunstarHero wrote:I would love to have Street Fighter Zero 3 for the Saturn. Can't seem to find it anywhere for under £60.
Is it the PAL version you're after? Those PAL prices are so volatile.

GunstarHero

Post by GunstarHero » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:10 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:
GunstarHero wrote:I would love to have Street Fighter Zero 3 for the Saturn. Can't seem to find it anywhere for under £60.
It never got a PAL release. Think it was the last game to use the 4MB cart so it's a Japanese exclusive.

gmintyfresh

Post by gmintyfresh » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:25 pm

GunstarHero wrote:
gmintyfresh wrote:
It never got a PAL release. Think it was the last game to use the 4MB cart so it's a Japanese exclusive.
Ahh yes sorry it's Alpha 2 I'm thinking of!

I've heard Saturn Alpha 3s a cracking port and I know a few people that think it's better than the DC version!! I seem to remeber that it's got one of those special RAM carts that adds extra content to the game - probably why it's so expensive!!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:48 pm

I've been after Plumbers Don't Wear Ties for the 3DO for a long time now (I'm a sucker for horrible games) but no matter how often I search, it never turns up. On the rare occasions that it does, it's usually just the disc on it's own with a ridiculous price tag attached to it.

One day...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Dramagod

Post by Dramagod » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:39 pm

I've made a shopping list of Nes, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Wii and NGC games that constist of 296 games. I buy whatever I bump into a reasonable price, but I've had my sights on a few games particularly. PAL versions of Castlevania - Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy VIII, Uncharted, Front Mission 3, Silent Hill and Suikoden. They are out there but out of my price range at the moment.
Hello. My name is La-li-lu-le-lo. Nice to meet you!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:42 pm

gmintyfresh wrote:I've heard Saturn Alpha 3s a cracking port and I know a few people that think it's better than the DC version!! I seem to remeber that it's got one of those special RAM carts that adds extra content to the game - probably why it's so expensive!!
I just read the Wikipedia entry for that game and discovered this,

"Street Fighter Zero 3 was re-released for the arcades in Japan in 2001 under the title of Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper (officially promoted as Street Fighter Zero 3↑). The game was released for the Dreamcast-based NAOMI hardware (rather than the original game's CP System II hardware) and features all the added characters from the console versions of the game. Upper also allows players to upload any customized characters from the Dreamcast version of the game by inserting a VMU into a memory card slot on the cabinet."

How cool is that?! :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Mr Kipling

Post by Mr Kipling » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Mr Driller on the PS1. There hasn't even been one on a comically priced Buy-It-Now for months now..

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Can I cheat & say a couple of videogame books? The first is a Sega Videogame Illustrations book that someone posted a picture a while ago. One appeared on eBay some months ago & it ended up going for quite a lot of money. I think I chickened out when bids went past £90! And more recently, the Skyrim CE Guide, which I stupidly didn't preorder & now they appear on ebay for £60+.

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:44 pm

I wouldn't mind a Combatribes and a WWF Superstars for my supergun, they're the only 2 arcade games on my wants list at the moment.
Splink!

speedlolita

Post by speedlolita » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:08 pm

Yeah? Regularly see it pop up for around £35 with 4MB cart.

In terms of games I'd like to acquire - probably beatmania IIDX 3rd to 10th.
Logged out 15/07/2014.

Jekylls Phd

Post by Jekylls Phd » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Would love a copy of Garou Mark of the Wolves on the AES but have to be realistic. I do remember a rule of thumb for buying hi fi which could be applied to games. Imagine trying to justify to a psychiatrist why you need to buy it :D

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Morkin wrote:Can I cheat & say a couple of videogame books? The first is a Sega Videogame Illustrations book that someone posted a picture a while ago. One appeared on eBay some months ago & it ended up going for quite a lot of money. I think I chickened out when bids went past £90! And more recently, the Skyrim CE Guide, which I stupidly didn't preorder & now they appear on ebay for £60+.
hey Morkin, I have 3 of thos, 1 still mint and in its delivery box, let me knwo if you want one. you can havce a used one for £20 posted