Stickers

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Black Ridge

Stickers

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:14 pm

I hate stickers :evil: . i hate them because they ruin game case covers (especially old Nintendo cardboard case releases) and they ruin manuals. I bought Tales of Eternia today from gamestation and the manual had a sticker on it. underneath this was a grubby sticky mark where there once was a sticker there too. Its horrible and it ruins it for me.

I hate them.

I even bough a DS game from GAME a while back and upon opening the case i found a sticker on the back of the cart over the 'gold bits'. This wasnt easy to remove.

Is there any easy way to remove the crap left behind without destroying manuals and boxs? I use baby wipes but even these can take away the top layer if you're not careful.

I hate stickers by the way. i dont see why a game needs 4 or 5 stickers on them.

Syntesis

Re: Stickers

Post by Syntesis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:40 pm

I use a hair dryer to remove stickers and if that doesn't get them clean off, a cotton bud dipped in Goo Gone solution. This summer I managed to get rid of some really large stickers and the residue they left behind on my Super Mario Galaxy 2 cardboard case.

I got the Goo Gone through a seller on Amazon. You only need a small bottle.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Syntesis wrote:I use a hair dryer to remove stickers and if that doesn't get them clean off, a cotton bud dipped in Goo Gone solution. This summer I managed to get rid of some really large stickers and the residue they left behind on my Super Mario Galaxy 2 cardboard case.

I got the Goo Gone through a seller on Amazon. You only need a small bottle.
Thats amazing i never even knew this stuff existed. will have to get myself some of this. wish i knew about it before i took marios nose off mario on my super paper mario manual. :(

leightonandoff

Post by leightonandoff » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:15 pm

I remember Game went through a phase of writing 'P/O' in permanent marker on second hand stuff. I've got a fair few N64 games with those on. Gits.

thesubcon3

Post by thesubcon3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Goo Gone works wonders! Also WD-40 works just as well as long as you are careful.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:31 am

leightonandoff wrote:I remember Game went through a phase of writing 'P/O' in permanent marker on second hand stuff. I've got a fair few N64 games with those on. Gits.
And they ALWAYS wrote it on one of the labels, never the plastic casing so you could get rid of it with cheap deodorant.

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:26 am

i tend to use rubbing alcohol
it usually gets the stickers off

other stickers like inside free demo of point blank on my time crisis box i just leave because as far as i am concerned they are supposed to be there
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:33 am

Hair driers work but my fave method is lighter fluid it works wonders, put a bit on the sticker and let it soak in for a couple of seconds and keep repeating until it lifts also it leaves no residue and the fluid just evaporates. This may not be the correct method but I've never had any probs all all and it's removed tons of stickers for me, just test it on a small area of the box/ manual etc before sloshing it all over your prized games.
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:01 am

and dont smoke while doing that
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

learnedrobb

Post by learnedrobb » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:13 am

Stickers on boxes annoy the crap out of me.

I get really annoyed when I purchase stuff from CEX. They seem to have 2 different types of stickers. 1 type peels off no problems, leaving very little residue. The other usually has to be soaked off, and leaves a god awful mess. And you dont know which type it is until you start to peel. Grrr.
NES/N64/GC/Wii/WiiU/SMD/SS/DC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/Xbox/360/OneS/PSP/3DS/PSV
PSN: learnedrobb

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:09 am

snowkatt wrote:and dont smoke while doing that
:lol:
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510