XBOX Live hacked

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

The Angry Jock

XBOX Live hacked

Post by The Angry Jock » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:23 pm

Well, today I discovered I've been hacked, 4300 points gone!!

This is what happened:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011 ... chases.ars

Minimum 25 days of no Battlefield 3, I am mightily p*ssed off. Billy G, YOU WILL PAY!! :evil:
Last edited by The Angry Jock on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Hitman_HalStep

Re: XBOX Live hacked

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:35 pm

no sarcasm intended but that sucks a big one,looking at the link did they try to take more out of your account or do you use pre-paid ms point cards?
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:37 pm

I stockpiled some pre-paid points. The card associated with my account was lost at the beginning of the year so it's invalid now....lucky escape!
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:26 pm

Hard to tell which sucks more, 25 days of no Battlefield 3 or having Fifa 11 and Fifa 12 show up on your played games list :lol:

Seriously, I feel bad for you. My Xbox Live account is still OK I think, touch wood.
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

thl

Post by thl » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:52 pm

That's awful, Angry Jock. I can't believed someone ran off with your MS Points and took advantage of it.

Didn't know Xbox Live had been hacked as I was using the PS3 very often last month. Did resume back to the Xbox 360 recently by playing some Battlefield 3. Plus I haven't got around playing the online multiplayer yet and after reading the link, I'll have to put it on hold.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Rumours have it there's a problem with EA which opens LIVE up to thieving towrags. Considering I've just recently signed up to origin for BF3 and it's playing FIFA is almost more than coincidental.
Retropassion reborn

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:28 am

Sorry to hear that, Angry. I'd be extremely p!$$ed off as I'm sure you are. Is it worth asking MS to compensate you?

You rthread actually reminded me to remove my credit card from my Xbox ok so I have to thank you for that! I checked my account and it seems ok.

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:47 am

Anybody know how they are managing to hack the accounts?

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:08 am

Finally got through, it's been referred to the fraud investigation team. It turns out if you have a CC on the account it'll take 28 days, because I don't it should only be a couple of weeks.
Retropassion reborn

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:20 am

Mire Mare wrote:Sorry to hear that, Angry. I'd be extremely p!$$ed off as I'm sure you are. Is it worth asking MS to compensate you?

You rthread actually reminded me to remove my credit card from my Xbox ok so I have to thank you for that! I checked my account and it seems ok.
Same. Just hope my Paypal is safe at least...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:38 am

Is paypal not the most unsafe option? at least with a CC you get insurance, with Paypal you just get shrugged shoulders.
Retropassion reborn

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:33 am

Never had a problem with them before.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Edwards80

Post by Edwards80 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:14 am

I had a similar issue a while ago. Have to say MS were pretty good.

I had to use "1 month free" accounts whilst it was investigated but when it was all sorted they gave me 6 months free live access.

ironmonger

Post by ironmonger » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:54 pm

The same thing happened to me on Tuesday. Had several thousand MS points registered to my account, all spent on FIFA 12 dlc. Tried to sign in and kept getting an error message, had to reset my Live ID and change the password. Luckily enough the credit card on my account is expired, because they tried to buy MORE points with that. God damn scumbags. Emailed support and they told me to phone them up, but provided a US number. I haven't had a chance to actually ring them, or look for a UK phone number to ring.

I really think purchases on XBL should prompt you for a password, surely that would help prevent this sort of thing? And how the hell did anyone manage to log-in in the first place????! :evil:

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:18 pm

https://support.xbox.com/en-gb/contact- ... able=false

Be prepared to be put on hold for up to an hour!
Retropassion reborn