PC ENGINE

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

system

PC ENGINE

Post by system » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:26 am

hi, can anyone tell me if theres a ntsc to pal converter using rf leads? i have a jap pc engine and want to be able to get a full colour picture without getting a scart mod job done,cheers for any help.

Jax

Post by Jax » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:49 am

best I could find was these at Maplins for uk finds

stigodump

Post by stigodump » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:15 am

Too be honest you'd be better off getting it modded.

I bought mine with the RGB mod already done and the picture is superb.

Miles better than the standard rf picture.

GenkiVideoGames.com

Post by GenkiVideoGames.com » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:22 pm

Have you got any PC Engine recommendations that we don't yet have on the site? We'd love to hear from knowledgable fans out there as to any hidden gems... (And be sure to direct the Retro guys here to persuade them to do a feature on this belting machine...) 8)

stigodump

Post by stigodump » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:10 pm

Link not working for me?

That will not do.

Dizrythmia

Post by Dizrythmia » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:00 am

Some nice priced on there. I might have to look at importing some stuff from there :)

miner2049er

Re:

Post by miner2049er » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:57 am

GenkiVideoGames.com wrote:Have you got any PC Engine recommendations that we don't yet have on the site? We'd love to hear from knowledgable fans out there as to any hidden gems... (And be sure to direct the Retro guys here to persuade them to do a feature on this belting machine...) 8)
Mesopatamia is a good puzzler.
http://www.jamesonline.net
Now I just need an amusing tag line.

GenkiVideoGames.com

Post by GenkiVideoGames.com » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:28 am

Thanks for that. Nice when gamers in the know approve of our site. :) The link should be working properly now... May I ask what browser it wasn't showing on?
We'll also keep 'em peeled for Mesopotamia - isn't it like a slinky in a puzzle game? The thing with the Engine is there were so many Japan exclusives you can discover a new title everyday. Shame it never made the UK officially mind.... :?
Thanks for the feedback - it means alot.

stigodump

Post by stigodump » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:55 pm

I'm using IE 6.0 but just installed Firefox 1.5 this very second.

As you can see from my post it wasn't working at midnight. However the next morning (yesterday) I managed to visit you're site.
Very nice. Nice, simple and easy to navigate with detailed descriptions and pictures of not only the games packaging but screenshots of the game as well. Nice to see.

I even bought a couple of PCE games I've been after so thank you very much. Looking forward to playing them.

One idea might be to include a link on worldpay back to the store once a transaction has been processed so the rich can go back easily to spend more money. :P

But I then went to visit your site again on midnight the same day and again it didn't work. Nor did it just now when I tried. Even after I installed Firefox I used that to see if it made a difference but no such luck.

mel the bell

Re:

Post by mel the bell » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:04 pm

stigodump wrote:but just installed Firefox 1.5 this very second.
bloody good job you did too
we'll have none of that sillyness on here thankyou very much

using IE my arse :P
On 2003-12-08 20:15, cyborg wrote:
You're all corporate bitches if you buy a console - face it. Unless it's a Phantom - in that case you're just stupid - because even if it did exist it'd be crap

stigodump

Post by stigodump » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:38 pm

:lol:

GenkiVideoGames.com

Post by GenkiVideoGames.com » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:46 pm

Hello StigoDump. I loved the TV series if you're the real McCoy... :D
Thanks for letting us know about the site. Bit of a strange one that as we have had no such problems here, but we really appreciate you taking the time to explain. What a diamond geezer. 8) We have our chief boffin on the case and nothing gets past his Tefal. :wink: The games should hopefully arrive tomorrow, as we sent them Special Delivery today. Glad we had some titles you were looking for. Pleased you like the site too. If there are any titles you think the site is lacking we'd appreciate you letting us know... In the meantime has anyone ever come across those Caravan contest special editions? I think it was a bit like the gaming equivalent of Woodstock! :roll:

stigodump

Post by stigodump » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:45 pm

Cheers. :)
I'll be honest and say the one game was a bit of a bargain so couldn't resist. Looking forward to them. :)

I used to watch the Stig of the Dump TV show when I was a kid but there's actually a more personal reason I chose the name. When I was about 8 I was in a school play of, yep you guessed it, Stig. Guess which character I played. :P

If it helps I still can't get on your site. My ISP is Blueyonder. Maybe it's something to do with that? dunno. :?

As for the Caravan SE's I've never actually seen one in the flesh. But there's actually some on ebay. :o :shock:
They've been there for months though I think. Unless they've got loads of them. :)
I've never been tempted meself as you can get the normal game for a fraction of the price. I just don't think the price justifies the content.

I wonder if my Metroid Prime: First Hunt demo will be worth as much in 15/20 years time? :P

GenkiVideoGames.com

Post by GenkiVideoGames.com » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:08 am

Hello again. Glad to hear you found it a bargain. We work hard to keep our prices down inspite of VAT on imports from Japan and indeed goods from outside the EU. Anyway, enjoy them when they arrive. :)
Stig of the Dump was a great series, shame there wasn't a game released to immortalise it, but I guess it'd be difficult to work out what to do in game!
Yeah that Caravan show has alot to answer for - serious collectors material especially when you consider they were never boxed - just a Hu Card. We have been offered them, but they tie up so much capital. Mind you so does Sapphire, but no one complains about stocking that. :) Has anyone had the pleasure of playing it? It's such a shame the best titles seem to only get released when a machine is commercially on its way out.
We'd keep hold of any cheeky demo's or promo's for a rainy day. Think of them as pension investments... :)