NEO GEO POCKET

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

nokgod

Re: NEO GEO POCKET

Post by nokgod » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:02 am

Lord Innit wrote:
Paulie wrote:
Lord Innit wrote:I only have four games,Pac Man,Metal Slug 1st Mission,King of Fighters R-2 and Puzzle Bobble Mini but they are all complete.
Those are some of my fave games for the system.
Pac Man gets the most attention from me.It is such a spot on conversion.
I like the rubber ring peripheral for Pacman and Crush Roller. It works really well in stopping the diagonal movement of the joystick. Brilliant idea.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Lord Innit

Post by Lord Innit » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:28 am

nokgod wrote:I like the rubber ring peripheral for Pacman and Crush Roller. It works really well in stopping the diagonal movement of the joystick. Brilliant idea.
I thought I lost the rubber ring for good about five years ago. I'm normally careful about such things.Then about two months ago I was looking for some old magazines in the loft and came across an R2-D2 plastic container which originally had chocalates in it. When I picked it up it was quite heavy.Opened it and poured out loads of stuff I forgot about,mainly Star Wars tazos that came with Walkers crisps and 38 quid in pound coins :D .In amongst all that stuff rolled out that little red rubber ring.God knows how it got there in the first place.

You're right, it does work really well.

Edit: I must get Crush Roller. Loved that game in the arcades.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Lord Innit wrote: Edit: I must get Crush Roller. Loved that game in the arcades.
If you can find a cart only cheap, i still have a spare box and instructions for that lying around, you can have. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Lord Innit

Post by Lord Innit » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:32 pm

nokgod wrote:
Lord Innit wrote: Edit: I must get Crush Roller. Loved that game in the arcades.
If you can find a cart only cheap, i still have a spare box and instructions for that lying around, you can have. :)
I will start looking for one. Thank you! :D

Lord Innit

Post by Lord Innit » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:01 am

BTW,if anyone has an unboxed Anthracite NGPC, I have a spare box I'll happily post to you. It's slightly tatty and the serial number won't match your NGPC's but it's yours if you want it.I think I still have the manuals too.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:02 am

Lord Innit wrote:I will start looking for one. Thank you! :D
no probs, just drop me a pm if you find one...

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:16 pm

So there's the collection so far. I am confused though. I'm going for some of the original b/w NGP games. Am i right in thinking there were only ten games? Were any released in PAL format? only Wiki states that the console was only released in Japan although other sites have noted certain games having european and american release!?

So far I'm very happy with my purchase. As I've grown up I have leaned towards casual gaming more and more, and this little bundle is great for me when I need my quick fix of gaming.

Thanks again for all the advice in this post! :D

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:01 pm

You're taking Wikipedia as gospel?

The B&W model did get a UK release but was quickly dropped when the Color came along.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:01 pm

There's 4 official PAL B&W games from what I remember, I've only found one of them. I thought the colour version was released because of the GBA coming out at the same time as the NGP?
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:53 pm

PAL B&W titles i'm sure of are:

Baseball Stars
King of fighters R1
Neo Geo Cup '98
Pocket Tennis

can't think of anymore offhand....where's Mayhem, he'll know!

chewy

Post by chewy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:27 pm

Worst thing I ever did was sell my NGPC. Bio Motor Unitron was quality :)

Lord Innit

Post by Lord Innit » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:31 pm

Lord Innit wrote:
nokgod wrote:
I will start looking for one. Thank you! :D
Blimey, finding Crush Roller cart only is proving awkward. I keep finding complete copies. Still, keep looking I will.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:54 pm

The NGP (b/w) did not get an official release in Europe. Neither did it in the US. But a number of outlets did acquire stock and sell them in said countries. The English b/w games are mostly likely to have been produced for English speaking Asian markets such as Hong Kong. The odd thing is though that these five titles (Baseball Stars, King of Fighters R1, Neo Geo Cup '98 Plus, Pocket Tennis, and Samurai Shodown) have the same product code format on them as the official European NGPC titles that were to come. I think that's where some of the confusion lies. So in my databases, these five get listed under Europe.

So the totals for "Europe" are technically 39 colour games, 5 b/w.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...