Funniest game you've ever played

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Gambles22

Re: Funniest game you've ever played

Post by Gambles22 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Just played through Portal 1 for the first time. A lot of the stuff GLaDOS says had me literally LOLing.
Gaming site bookmarks: RPG PC Games, DKC Returns

bonerlaw

Post by bonerlaw » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Jagfest_UK wrote:The first games that spring to mind are Skooldaze and Back 2 Skool on the good old Speccy. Writing on the blackboards and getting other kids in trouble never lost its appeal.

Also chalk up another vote for Rock Star Ate My Hamster
Three awesome funny games there! Just the bands in RSAMH crack me up: Wacky Jacko, Mince, Dros, Lumme......

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:51 pm

I remember me and my brother laughing quite a bit whilst playing Rock star Ate My Hamster, good times :lol:
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510

giss

Post by giss » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:47 pm

the first two games that instantly come to mind are Conker's Bad Fur Day and The Monkey Island Games.

Conker's immature humour mixed with the cute style is just perfect, even more so because it's on a Nintendo console. A fun game to play, too.
Monkey Island is a great example of sometimes very dry humour and witty writing. Laughed so many times the first time I played through The Curse of Monkey Island, which was the first game in the series I ever played.

The Leisure Suit Larry series are worth to mention, but I didn't really understand that humour when I first played them (barely knew english back then, had to ask my parents for help).

thl

Post by thl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Mine is probably WWF Royal Rumble for the SNES. I recalled those odd grunting voice effects after a lot of punches and kicks. Plus the move that allows you to choke your opponent does felt like the homage of Homer and Bart. :lol:

Flint

Post by Flint » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:46 pm

StickHead wrote: I'm more likely to be tickled by the slapstick and unpredictability of fast paced multiplayer games.
New Super Mario Bros Wii is brilliant for that purpose; I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much playing a game.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:37 am

Probably playing 4-player Wario Ware on the GC. We've had so many laughs playing that game.

Also, Little Big Planet has been quite humorous in places.

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:06 am

Not the game but a scene in The Getaway where the sargeant gives the cop you play a bollocking had me creased. I know, I find weird things funny :lol:

deadpan666

Post by deadpan666 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:25 am

Rinoa wrote:Probably playing 4-player Wario Ware on the GC. We've had so many laughs playing that game.
Yeah, the Wario Ware games are always good for a laugh! Same with Bishi Bashi on Ps1...

I do tend to find unexpected things funnier than games that are trying to be funny though....Like when something comes from nowhere and wipes you out when playing GTA or Halo for instance...or a glitch makes something totally bizarre happen!

Listening to people over the the headset when they get annoyed at you killing them on LIVE is always good for a laugh too... :lol:
Cinema Of Stuff Presents - The Undying Monster! http://tinyurl.com/nekrjdx

Let's go, Mr. Driver!

Fishsta

Post by Fishsta » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:53 am

deadpan666 wrote: Yeah, the Wario Ware games are always good for a laugh! Same with Bishi Bashi on Ps1...
No wedding is complete without a pie throw these days.
ImageImage

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Armed And Dangerous hit the sweet spot for myself, cut-scenes and some of the weapons (loved the Land Shark), but sadly think the humour was lost on some reviewers (4/10 in Gamestm, if i recal?).

Also on Xbox:Kung Fu Chaos had it's moments, some of the marine banter in Halo, cracked me up.

Slimey's mine and Beach Head 2 on C64 speech raised a smile at times as well, as did some of the messages you got when typing in rude words on IK+ (w*ank for example-easily amused as a kid i guess).

Banter on Uncharted always superbly done as well.

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:41 pm

thevulture wrote:Also on Xbox:Kung Fu Chaos had it's moments
Kung Fu Chaos is insane fun with four players, it never gets old. I wish I had three friends again.
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Nods also to:

Your squad in Battlefield B.C 1+2.

The bloke in Perfect Dark N64/360 (HD remake) who shouts out: 'I'M DYING!'-Dunno why, just cracks me up, it's like is utterly surprised he's fatally wounded.

Gauntlet speech as well: Red warrior, needs food, badly! gets a chuckle.