Funniest game you've ever played

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DoctorForbin

Re: Funniest game you've ever played

Post by DoctorForbin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:16 pm

as someone said over, Destroy all Humans 1 or 2 (which one was in London)

Anal probin and policemen with cockney accents - very funny
THERE...IS...ANOTHER...SYSTEM......

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:59 pm

The most laughs I ever had with a game were probably the first 10-20 hours with Transformice, back when it was a new Flash game on the block. The amount of hilarious situations per minute was unbeatable. I don't think it'll be as funny anymore as it has lost some of its simplistic charm. Although it all depends on the group you're playing with really.

steve82

Post by steve82 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:47 pm

you might find this a bit of a strange answer but for me it has to be wwe raw 2 on the original xbox

the ability to use custom music on the xbox hard drive for entrances made me do really stupid things like have kane and the undertaker walking out as a tag team with barely any clothes on walking like women with the moomins cartoon theme as the entrance music IT WAS FUNNY AT THE TIME IN LIKE 2004

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:56 pm

The first games that spring to mind are Skooldaze and Back 2 Skool on the good old Speccy. Writing on the blackboards and getting other kids in trouble never lost its appeal.

Also chalk up another vote for Rock Star Ate My Hamster.

Another game I thought of is Toe Jam & Earl on the Megadrive, absolute classic.

StickHead

Post by StickHead » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:53 pm

I rarely find the scripted humour in games 'laugh out loud' funny. I'm more likely to be tickled by the slapstick and unpredictability of fast paced multiplayer games. A good game of IK+ with a mate will always raise a chuckle, and I've played 4 player games of Warlords where players have literally been reduced to rolling on the floor.

Bomberman and Death Tanks Zwei also are good for a laugh.
The Joy of STicks - YouTube - Blog - Twitter - Facebook
New Developments and old inspirations in Atari ST gaming.

Budly Moore

Post by Budly Moore » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Game mechanics make me laugh the most, I used to love destroying opponents with the same well timed move on Pro Wrestling (sms), or a friend springging a trap laid in Spy vs Spy (sms).
Recently Dead Island made me laugh with it's kick mechanic, I've had 4 or 5 zombies held at the mercy of my size 10 and LA Noir, driving like a loon in them old fashioned cars and being chastised by my partner, perfect antidote to the po-faced story lines.

cdoty

Post by cdoty » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:33 pm

StickHead wrote: I'm more likely to be tickled by the slapstick and unpredictability of fast paced multiplayer games. A good game of IK+ with a mate will always raise a chuckle, and I've played 4 player games of Warlords where players have literally been reduced to rolling on the floor.
Yeah, Stunt Car Racer with two linked Amigas definitely provided some good laughs.
Visit RasterSoft on facebook or visit the website.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:14 am

cdoty wrote:Yeah, Stunt Car Racer with two linked Amigas definitely provided some good laughs.
+1. I recall playing SCR in two-player with my ST linked up to a friend's Amiga. Plenty of thrills and spills and laugh out loud moments when seeing the other car crash spectacularly. :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:18 am

Lego Star Wars Original and Prequel ones

Very very funny games.
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:24 am

StickHead wrote:I'm more likely to be tickled by the slapstick and unpredictability of fast paced multiplayer games.
Indeed, exactly the reason for my fun with Transformice. Worms would be another contender actually.

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:25 am

Simpsons: Hit and Run and Timesplitters: Future Perfect were both quite amusing.

No More Heroes had it's moments too.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Roo

Post by Roo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:32 am

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as when I've played the first Cooking Mama on the Wii. Mental controls that are completely unpredictable, hilariously naff voice samples ("Wondafoll! Betta zan Moma!") and just the general premise of the game -they all make me laugh both with and at the game.

Some of my most legendary multiplayer sessions came armed with an box of Tennents, an empty, a few mates and Cooking Mama. It's the ultimate party game, I tell you!

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:52 pm

pratty wrote:Simpsons: Hit and Run
Heh, reminds me, Simspons Road Rage was hilarious in places too.

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:43 pm

As is The Simpsons Game.

Whether it's Ned Flanders toting a grenade launcher or Martyn Prince performing a carjacking, there are penty of surreal scripted moments. They even included the 'Chocolate, half price' in the World of Chocolate joke.

The Ratchet and Clank games are all amusing, too.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:52 pm

hydr0x wrote:
StickHead wrote:I'm more likely to be tickled by the slapstick and unpredictability of fast paced multiplayer games.
Indeed, exactly the reason for my fun with Transformice. Worms would be another contender actually.
Spent a few hours playing 4 player worms with some mates last night. Even after all these years its non stop giggles all the way.

In terms of in-game comedy funny then it would have to go to one of the mid 90's point and clicks such as DOT, Monkey Island and a few others.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.