Original Xbox Arcade Sticks?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

chewy

Original Xbox Arcade Sticks?

Post by chewy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Hi all, I've recently gotten a modded Xbox, and I am playing a lot of 1 on 1 arcade fighting games. Needless to say, Xbox pads pretty much suck for such gaming, so does anyone know of any good arcade sticks and where I could purchase one?

Thanks!

Paulie

Re: Original Xbox Arcade Sticks?

Post by Paulie » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Theres a Hori stick for the original x-box called the fighting stick EX it was from the cheaper end of their range. It's shaped a bit like an xbox I used to have one and it's pretty good for what it cost at the time (but I dont know what they go for these days), but nothing like as good their high end sicks ala real arcade pro (I don't think they made this range for the original xbox but could be wrong).

Theres also one that looks just like the Japanese Sega Saturn virtua stick (but I can't remeber what it's called) I have'nt tried this one but it's looks like it could be pretty good.

No idea where you could pick up either of the sticks though, I supose you could always try ebay or some of the import shops but they may be quite pricey.
My trade/sale thread (Includes my feedback)

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=23510

chewy

Post by chewy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:20 am

Good answer, cheers :)
Will just have to trawl through 360 nonsense before I get to where i'm going!

Supernaut

Post by Supernaut » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:23 am

I remember seeing someone review the Mortal Kombat arcade stick that was released recently. Seemed like a really heavy solid stick if that's what you're after, although pretty massive. No idea of the price either.