Best of... less popular games Xbox 360

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

TheNewMonkey

Re: Best of... less popular games Xbox 360

Post by TheNewMonkey » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:38 am

Shinobi wrote:What about Deadly premonition not partially cheap but one of the 360's best games
i sunk some time into that!

i must have did around 50 hours and still didnt really get very far, i only realised there was a fast travel radio thing you could collect after all them hours :twisted:
i did start playing it again last month to try and collect it then continue with game but all the guides online on how to do it didnt work! i eventually got
p!ssed off having to walk/drive everywhere!

i cant really see myself going back to it now, shame as it seems like a really good story with some interesting characters :(
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

rebelstar

Post by rebelstar » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:56 am

How is Uk`s CEX so much cheaper than the Irish? Dead Space 2 here will set you back 20 Euro. Bayonetta for a fiver..sheesh...
I miss Rathbone Place.

@snowkatt
Well, seeing as you can`t buy Wasteland officially I think it does qualify as abandonware. Alternatively you can buy "The Ultimate RPG Archives" from Amazon...quite nice old school RPG collection.

highrise

Post by highrise » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:28 pm

I liked Star Ocean, also Dark Void was pretty decent. And I don't care what anyone says, for all it's clunky controls, I really enjoyed Alone in the Dark.

featherz

Post by featherz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Anyone got a list of jrpgs and what they think of them. (Xbox 360)

rebelstar

Post by rebelstar » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Lost Odyssey - as an Immortal you get drawn into war/intrigue... more serious in tone (v.sad actually), turn based battles, must have.

Eternal Sonata - you explore land dreamed & inhabited by dying F.Chopin (don`t ask), traditional but beyond beautiful graphics, music by Chopin, semi TB battles, must have.

Blue Dragon - "kids" (so what) graphics style, super charming, slick & cheerful, TB combat, trad plot, and you can make monsters fight each other, grand!, must have.

Enchanted Arms - 1st on system with so-so graphics but great TB/grid combat, "golem" farming, and likeable characters. Bargain these days so also must have

Infinite Undiscovery - kinda fun but chaotic real time combat killed it for me...too infuriating. Poor reviews also...but probably cheap-o, so why not have a go.
These are the ones I played and/or finished

Based on research: also FF XIII- it wasn`t that bad at all, Resonance of Fate - superb battle system with guns, The Last Remnant for it`s battle system also (though allegedly better played on PC - bugs reported)

featherz

Post by featherz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Gonna buy some of rarer ones now as they are getting more expensive, I played lost Odyssey but stopped dunno why at start disk 2 also stopped on chapter 3 ff13 gonna rebuy

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:41 am

I quite liked Pure . . . picked that up for £4 or something . . .like SSX but with wheels.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:20 pm

i dont know why i wrote that about it raining after 9pm! i know i can get the flower whenever its raining then give him it any time after 9pm but the game just wont rain anymore! i've only ever seen it rain about twice while i've been playing it

i messed about for hours last time trying to make it rain, its one of them games thats good but can censored you right off at the same time :twisted:
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:29 pm

TheNewMonkey wrote:i dont know why i wrote that about it raining after 9pm! i know i can get the flower whenever its raining then give him it any time after 9pm but the game just wont rain anymore! i've only ever seen it rain about twice while i've been playing it

i messed about for hours last time trying to make it rain, its one of them games thats good but can censored you right off at the same time :twisted:
If you go for all the cards you spend a lot of time making time go faster while waiting around. It's that sort of game.
Chapter 6 is always rain.
To make it rain in other chapters you just have to keep sleeping for a day at a time until you hit rain. Best place to do this is Albireo Graveyard (because there's food there). Go there, sleep 24 hours, see if it's raining, repeat until it's raining. The graveyard is the one with Brian the insomniac in it.

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Crunchy wrote:
TheNewMonkey wrote:i dont know why i wrote that about it raining after 9pm! i know i can get the flower whenever its raining then give him it any time after 9pm but the game just wont rain anymore! i've only ever seen it rain about twice while i've been playing it

If you go for all the cards you spend a lot of time making time go faster while waiting around. It's that sort of game.
Chapter 6 is always rain.
To make it rain in other chapters you just have to keep sleeping for a day at a time until you hit rain. Best place to do this is Albireo Graveyard (because there's food there). Go there, sleep 24 hours, see if it's raining, repeat until it's raining. The graveyard is the one with Brian the insomniac in it.
ill give that a try sometime in the next few days, cheers :D
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

retrogoodies

Post by retrogoodies » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:50 am

picked up blazing angels squadron of ww11 for a fiver which is fun and you get to fly a spitfire ,unknown if rare or not but never seen it before
retrogames for sale at http://retrogoodies.ebid.net

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:18 am

retrogoodies wrote:picked up blazing angels squadron of ww11 for a fiver which is fun and you get to fly a spitfire ,unknown if rare or not but never seen it before
No it's not rare and there is a sequel called secret missions of World War 2.

They are good games hampered by poor controls.

Check out the Arcade version as well, it's a big sit down machine.

Crunchy

Post by Crunchy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Joey wrote:Check out the Arcade version as well, it's a big sit down machine.
For those of you going to Replay in blackpool one of the arcades on the seafront has this machine in it. Can't remember the name of it but it's close to one called Slots Of Fun (which I remember because it's got a mame cab thing in there with about thirty games on it - played a bit of Juno First on it a few weeks ago). The blazing angels machine might actually be in Slots Of Fun but I just can't remember. It was definitely near there anyway. Midway between the pleasure beach and the tower if any of you have a wander. Well worth a blast.