New PS2 games still being released

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Roo

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by Roo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:59 pm

I spotted a Platinum copy of WWE SmackDown Vs. Raw 2011 in Games Centre yesterday. Must have done all right for them to bother re-releasing it.

WWE All Stars was there too!

skylarking

Post by skylarking » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 am

snowkatt wrote:
resident paul wrote:Well you can't called the PS2 retro because of still releasing new games! :wink:
then you cant call the ps1 retro either its inside every ps2 and 3
Does that mean that the original GameBoy didn't become retro until the GameBoy Advance stopped being produced? I'm confused... :?
ENTER IF YOU DARE
PRESS ANY KEY

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:04 am

skylarking wrote:
snowkatt wrote:
resident paul wrote:Well you can't called the PS2 retro because of still releasing new games! :wink:
Does that mean that the original GameBoy didn't become retro until the GameBoy Advance stopped being produced? I'm confused... :?
hey its his logic not mine
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:15 am

Sarcasm has many levels! :wink:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:12 am

skylarking wrote:
snowkatt wrote:
You cant call the NES retro as well thanks to these Famiclones

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:12 am

My local Blockbuster is still selling the PS2 and Comet until it shut down last week.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:05 am

I pre-ordered Fifa 12 on amazon today, its only £14.91 delivered, annoyingly I bought 2011 thinking that would be the last one, still haven't even opened it yet :oops:

I've been after WWE Allstars and never seen it in a shop and still want it! Roo how much was it?

CHeers
Ben
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

Roo

Post by Roo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:26 am

bensonrad wrote:I pre-ordered Fifa 12 on amazon today, its only £14.91 delivered, annoyingly I bought 2011 thinking that would be the last one, still haven't even opened it yet :oops:

I've been after WWE Allstars and never seen it in a shop and still want it! Roo how much was it?

CHeers
Ben
It was in a shop called Games Centre, and here's a link to the WWE All Stars PS2 website listing:

http://www.gamescentre.co.uk/product/se ... ars/PT2774

They've got six new copies. It's the Scottish equivelent of CEX, except not half as manky. Having ordered my games from there before, it comes heartily recommended. The in-store price was exactly the same - £14.99. Genuine PAL copy, from the green PEGI rating to the English text on the back of the box.

Hope that helps!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:45 am

bensonrad wrote: I've been after WWE Allstars and never seen it in a shop and still want it! Roo how much was it?
Just dont play it.
The loading times are dire
Unless its ran off a harddrive then its almost instant

Roo

Post by Roo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:08 am

...safe to assume that, as someone who hasn't opened his pre-ordered copy of FIFA 11 yet has already pre-ordered FIFA 12 and is a member of a forum called Retro Gamer, bensonrad isn't really pursuing the PS2 version of WWE All Stars for it's quality...

Freestyler

Post by Freestyler » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:26 am

Dawgs, remember there's a giant OTHER SCENE for gaming than the usual West, Europe, Australia and Japan.

You have countries like Russia, Africa, Brazil and many, many others all playing now. They can't afford the latest tech (I'm guessing a PS3 would cost the equivalent of $5,000 in Namibia) but those funky little Megadrive and SNES ripoffs sell very nicely indeed. In fact the PS2 has only been officially on sale in Brazil since 2009.

Yes, you read that right. 2009.
Freestyler: A customer that's too hard to please, complains all the time and wants everything for next to nothing.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:29 am

Roo wrote:...safe to assume that, as someone who hasn't opened his pre-ordered copy of FIFA 11 yet has already pre-ordered FIFA 12 and is a member of a forum called Retro Gamer, bensonrad isn't really pursuing the PS2 version of WWE All Stars for it's quality...
Its FIFA
Played one recentish one played them all

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:33 am

Freestyler wrote: In fact the PS2 has only been officially on sale in Brazil since 2009.
:shock: Blim!

Given the Tech Toy type MS & MD stuff that came out long after the systems were dead here it'll be interesting to see what curiosities they come up with.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:45 am

Roo wrote:...safe to assume that, as someone who hasn't opened his pre-ordered copy of FIFA 11 yet has already pre-ordered FIFA 12 and is a member of a forum called Retro Gamer, bensonrad isn't really pursuing the PS2 version of WWE All Stars for it's quality...
Hey! I only bought Fifa 11 long after its release date when it hit a cheaper £10 price, as I had figured it would be the last version to come out on the PS2, I will play it, I am just going to have to get cracking before the new one comes out to get my moneys worth :lol: I am a big fan of the Hulkster so defo want WWE Allstars, I don't own any modern consoles, so am stuck with the PS2 version, can't be any worse than Legends of Wrestling! or those WCW Nitro/Thunder games on the PS1. If Hulks in it, I buy it. :lol:
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:50 am

bensonrad wrote:
Hey! I only bought Fifa 11 long after its release date when it hit a cheaper £10 price, as I had figured it would be the last version to come out on the PS2, I will play it, I am just going to have to get cracking before the new one comes out to get my moneys worth :lol: I am a big fan of the Hulkster so defo want WWE Allstars, I don't own any modern consoles, so am stuck with the PS2 version, can't be any worse than Legends of Wrestling! or those WCW Nitro/Thunder games on the PS1. If Hulks in it, I buy it. :lol:
Wait till you have to fight him in a cage match.
ITS LIKE THEY MADE IT SO HE WOULD WIN!!?