New PS2 games still being released

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
skylarking
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:57 pm
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

New PS2 games still being released

Post by skylarking » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:19 am

Quite surprised that the odd PS2 game still gets released, apparently FIFA 12 is getting a PS2 version. A few years to go yet to beat the Atari 2600's record though.
ENTER IF YOU DARE
PRESS ANY KEY

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25170
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by DPrinny » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:34 am

Its EA.
They never know when to quit.

User avatar
Rayne
Posts: 6610
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by Rayne » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:47 am

DPrinny wrote:Its EA.
They never know when to quit.
:?
Image

User avatar
gmintyfresh
Posts: 5955
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:28 am
Location: Leeds England
Contact:

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by gmintyfresh » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:23 am

There are still Ps2 new games listed in Japan till Novemeber and a couple of titles lsted after that as TBA!

User avatar
snowkatt
Posts: 6655
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:18 am

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by snowkatt » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:46 am

skylarking wrote:Quite surprised that the odd PS2 game still gets released, apparently FIFA 12 is getting a PS2 version. A few years to go yet to beat the Atari 2600's record though.
sony still hasnt given up on the ps 2
its stil selling respectably and sony wont cease production until demand stops
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

User avatar
stvd
Posts: 5137
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:51 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by stvd » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 am

snowkatt wrote:
skylarking wrote:Quite surprised that the odd PS2 game still gets released, apparently FIFA 12 is getting a PS2 version. A few years to go yet to beat the Atari 2600's record though.
sony still hasnt given up on the ps 2
its stil selling respectably and sony wont cease production until demand stops
Where is it selling? I can't find anyplace that sells them.... :?
Image

User avatar
resident paul
Posts: 4489
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:26 am
Location: Preston, Lancashire

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by resident paul » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:04 am

Well you can't called the PS2 retro because of still releasing new games! :wink:
Image

User avatar
snowkatt
Posts: 6655
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:18 am

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by snowkatt » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:07 am

stvd wrote:
snowkatt wrote:
skylarking wrote:Quite surprised that the odd PS2 game still gets released, apparently FIFA 12 is getting a PS2 version. A few years to go yet to beat the Atari 2600's record though.
sony still hasnt given up on the ps 2
its stil selling respectably and sony wont cease production until demand stops
Where is it selling? I can't find anyplace that sells them.... :?

i stil see them new in the shops around here
though that may just be old stock the only numbers i have of any sales this year are from japan with almost half a million sold

and lets not forget that 22 inch bravia with a ps2 build in
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

User avatar
snowkatt
Posts: 6655
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:18 am

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by snowkatt » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:08 am

resident paul wrote:Well you can't called the PS2 retro because of still releasing new games! :wink:
then you cant call the ps1 retro either its inside every ps2 and 3
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25170
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by DPrinny » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:14 am

Cant call the 2600 retro as well thanks to new games.
And Dreamcast
And Beeb
And Speccy

Bugger
Theres a lot we cant call retro thanks to this "New games" thing

User avatar
resident paul
Posts: 4489
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:26 am
Location: Preston, Lancashire

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by resident paul » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:18 am

DPrinny wrote:Cant call the 2600 retro as well thanks to new games.
And Dreamcast
And Beeb
And Speccy

Bugger
Theres a lot we cant call retro thanks to this "New games" thing
But the games aren't released by major publishing companies for them machines?
Image

User avatar
resident paul
Posts: 4489
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:26 am
Location: Preston, Lancashire

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by resident paul » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:19 am

snowkatt wrote:
resident paul wrote:Well you can't called the PS2 retro because of still releasing new games! :wink:
then you cant call the ps1 retro either its inside every ps2 and 3
First batch of PS3s yes but not the other models!
Image

User avatar
Liamh1982
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:11 am
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:50 am

Every yin has its yang - PES 2012 has been confirmed too.

User avatar
snowkatt
Posts: 6655
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:18 am

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by snowkatt » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:22 pm

resident paul wrote:
snowkatt wrote:
resident paul wrote:Well you can't called the PS2 retro because of still releasing new games! :wink:
then you cant call the ps1 retro either its inside every ps2 and 3
First batch of PS3s yes but not the other models!

still plays ps 1 games
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

rebelstar
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: New PS2 games still being released

Post by rebelstar » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:30 pm

Wiki: "The PS2 is the best-selling console of all time, having reached over 150 million units sold as of January 31, 2011"

Makes sense I guess.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests