Playstation Plus & PSN Updates!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SirClive

Re: Playstation Plus

Post by SirClive » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:11 am

PS+ is actually making my less hateful of digital downloads. I have started playing games that I already owned on disc but never seem to remember to play. Now they are downloaded on my machine I don't have to find the disc and all that jazz. Maybe I will finally finish AC3 and Uncharted 3 now.

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:36 am

retrojc wrote:This is the first month where the games released I have no interest in. :(
I downloaded Little Kings Story on the Vita which seems to be a nice RPG. I'm not interested in AC3 really though I did recently finished Spec Ops the Line which was offered last month.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:27 pm

as someone new to PS+ i'm impressed,i've finished spec ops and started the first jak and daxter hd.with mafia II and x-com i don't need to buy any new games until the PS4 launch and beyond.

i am gutted i just missed out on ico and shadow hd because i've never played them before.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

crusto

Post by crusto » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:59 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:as someone new to PS+ i'm impressed,i've finished spec ops and started the first jak and daxter hd.with mafia II and x-com i don't need to buy any new games until the PS4 launch and beyond.

i am gutted i just missed out on ico and shadow hd because i've never played them before.
I downloaded them a while back, mainly to play shadow having completed ico on PS2 years ago. Can't say I was impressed with shadow if I'm honest. I persevered for all of half an our before switching it off. I found it a bit fiddly. I'll,probably give it another try at some point.

Eat your nans pants

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:16 pm

crusto wrote:
Hitman_HalStep wrote:as someone new to PS+ i'm impressed,i've finished spec ops and started the first jak and daxter hd.with mafia II and x-com i don't need to buy any new games until the PS4 launch and beyond.

I downloaded them a while back, mainly to play shadow having completed ico on PS2 years ago. Can't say I was impressed with shadow if I'm honest. I persevered for all of half an our before switching it off. I found it a bit fiddly. I'll,probably give it another try at some point.
they are two games that are always spoken of as "classics" for the most part,i don't always agree with others but wanted to see for myself.perhaps i'll pick up the disc or originals cheap sometime in the future.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:
crusto wrote:

they are two games that are always spoken of as "classics" for the most part,i don't always agree with others but wanted to see for myself.perhaps i'll pick up the disc or originals cheap sometime in the future.
Not so much classics as experiences. They're definitely not for everyone. Ico didn't really click with me, I didn't get it and found gameplay fiddly and kind of dull. SOTC on the other hand captivated me instantly, it's definitely one of my all-time faves

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:08 pm

Have 15 games now on PS+ and its difficult to stick to one, half way through Spec Ops (better than I thought) and tentatively started X-COM which takes some getting used to. Uncharted 3 is about a 40GB download so beware low broadband speed people!

BARK-MAN

Post by BARK-MAN » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Anyone else fed up with AC3 constant cut scenes?
Walk for 10 seconds, cut scene, quick skirmish, cut scene, run 200 metres, cut scene..
It's driving me potty because otherwise it seems pretty good.
Does it improve because I'm close to deleting it. I've spent more time watching than playing!

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:33 pm

BARK-MAN wrote:Anyone else fed up with AC3 constant cut scenes?
Walk for 10 seconds, cut scene, quick skirmish, cut scene, run 200 metres, cut scene..
Does it improve because I'm close to deleting it. I've spent more time watching than playing!
once he gets older it gets more open world and it does improve,just take your time climbing those trees,i found them annoying because they kept throwing me out.

BARK-MAN

Post by BARK-MAN » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:23 am

Hitman_HalStep wrote:
once he gets older it gets more open world and it does improve,just take your time climbing those trees,i found them annoying because they kept throwing me out.
Cheers Hitman. Ill stick with it. It's going when GTA gets here anyway.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:35 am

BARK-MAN wrote:
Hitman_HalStep wrote:
Cheers Hitman. Ill stick with it. It's going when GTA gets here anyway.
Stick with it, I didn't find it as good as the previous 3 games as outside of the main game there really doesn't seem to be a lot to do, as in like the Assassin's Tombs from AC2, but the ship battles are pretty epic, when you're riding up and down 100ft waves waiting for the perfect shot it gets pretty epic :D the only thing that let the game down as a whole for me was the end battle, the main baddie just didn't seem that much of a main baddie to me and as always the ending leaves you saying "FFS don't end it there.."

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:42 am

Just wondering I've got a 1 month trail of PS Plus so any games I download for free are only free until my subscription ends? I will then have to reknew my subscription or pay for them
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:47 am

Shinobi wrote:Just wondering I've got a 1 month trail of PS Plus so any games I download for free are only free until my subscription ends? I will then have to reknew my subscription or pay for them
they arent really free you rent them
and you cant use them when your sub runs out untill you renew your sub
ps plus is a rental service really

and i am thinking of giving my ps plus up because its just way too damn much
there are so many games i need to play and ps plus just keeps piling up 3 to 5 new games each month on top of what i buy anyway
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:03 am

snowkatt wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Just wondering I've got a 1 month trail of PS Plus so any games I download for free are only free until my subscription ends? I will then have to reknew my subscription or pay for them
they arent really free you rent them
and you cant use them when your sub runs out untill you renew your sub
ps plus is a rental service really

and i am thinking of giving my ps plus up because its just way too damn much
there are so many games i need to play and ps plus just keeps piling up 3 to 5 new games each month on top of what i buy anyway
ah, boo hoo! :wink:

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:07 am

too much of a good thing is still too much :wink:
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !