Playstation Plus & PSN Updates!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Morkin

Re: Playstation Plus

Post by Morkin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:32 am

Update.
In summary:

Leaving PS Plus:
24th December: Grid 2
24th December: Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen
24th December: Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed
8th January: Contrast

Entering PS Plus:
24th December: DmC Devil May Cry
24th December: Borderlands 2
24th December: Soul Sacrifice
24th December: Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
8th January: Don’t Starve
Not played Devil May Cry or Borderlands 2, so that's those two to grab.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:44 am

Devil May Cry is much better than most people gave it credit for. It might not be as good as the originals but the combat is solid and I had great fun stringing huge combo's together. I've not got Borderlands 2 either so this is the perfect timing for me. I passed up Don't Starve many times on Steam so I'm looking forward to trying that. While I've got both Vita games both are excellent choices for anyone that hasn't, especially Soul Sacrifice.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:57 pm

I have been waiting for Soul Sacrifice to arrive on PS+. Looking forward to putting a few hours into that during the daily commute!

I already have BlazBlue though. It looks great but I'm still yet to really get to grips with a modern beat-'em-up. I'm hopeless at pulling off those quarter turns that are often needed for special combos.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Looks like another good month also, hurrah!

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:01 am

I have been loving Sonic Racing Transformed on the Vita this month, such a great game!

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:01 am

I got a PS Plus subscription with my PS4 and I've no idea why I didn't get the damn thing sooner. It's unbelievable value.

James A

Post by James A » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Arrrr just got Devil May Cry and started it on the 360 :lol:

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:34 pm

Soul Sacrifice just squeezed onto my Vita card - phew....

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:48 pm

I'm quite liking Don't Starve on the PS4 at the mo. Its fairly hard from the get go but I'm lasting longer each try. I also finished off Contrast for the PS4 which was a decent little freebie. A tad short perhaps but I liked the story and puzzles.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:25 pm

ShadowMan wrote:I'm quite liking Don't Starve on the PS4 at the mo. Its fairly hard from the get go but I'm lasting longer each try. I also finished off Contrast for the PS4 which was a decent little freebie. A tad short perhaps but I liked the story and puzzles.
Going to d/load Don't Starve tonight, Battlefield 4 at the moment is doing my nut in on Hard, there's a section called 'old town' I've died on 20 times, might have another few goes tonight.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:47 pm

here's what's rumoured to be out in February but it is unofficial and could turn out to be false.

PS4: Outlast
PS3: Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light.
Vita: Dynasty Warriors Next, Modnation Racers.

https://www.gamepointsnow.com/blog/rumo ... s-content/
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:35 pm

sscott wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:I'm quite liking Don't Starve on the PS4 at the mo. Its fairly hard from the get go but I'm lasting longer each try. I also finished off Contrast for the PS4 which was a decent little freebie. A tad short perhaps but I liked the story and puzzles.
Going to d/load Don't Starve tonight, Battlefield 4 at the moment is doing my nut in on Hard, there's a section called 'old town' I've died on 20 times, might have another few goes tonight.
I've not touched Battlefield 4 too much yet, I still wait for the fabled patch that will make it less glitchy! I had lots of problems on the boat where it was incredibly hard to aim at times. Looks damn pretty though!
Hitman_HalStep wrote:here's what's rumoured to be out in February but it is unofficial and could turn out to be false.

PS4: Outlast
PS3: Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light.
Vita: Dynasty Warriors Next, Modnation Racers.

https://www.gamepointsnow.com/blog/rumo ... s-content/
Outlast eh? Sounds good as that's another title I wanted to get on release so this works out fine for me! I don't have Metro either, while I'd rather have the PC version I can't say no to free!

RichL

Post by RichL » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:59 am

Never heard of outlast.

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:54 am

Playstation Plus is the best thing to happen to gaming in the last ten years.

Anyone who even slightly thinks they should get it - JUST GET IT...you will not be disappointed...

I must have had about a billion pounds worth of games in the last 11 months (N.B this is a rough estimate and may be slightly less :wink: ) and will be immediately getting another year in Feb when my sub expires...

TyronW

Post by TyronW » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Got my teeth into Borderlands 2, only to hear that Bioshock Infinite is *rumoured* to be released in February! It's going to be a very cheap year!

Is there any point in buying games on PS3? Besides for collecting purposes :wink: