Playstation Plus & PSN Updates!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Hitman_HalStep

Re: Playstation Plus

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Hitman_HalStep wrote:
Morkin wrote:I'm looking forward to trying out Stranger's Wrath on the Vita as I nearly bought it the other day
oh arse i didn't realise it was for the vita,i should have looked at your link properly.only metal gear for me then.
actually looking down the comments section and there is one other:

"Yes MotorStorm RC is Crossbuy, not the complete edition though, we may be able to arrange a discount on the DLC though, watch this space!"
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:42 am

Happy to see both Remember Me and Vita Strangers Wrath up on PS+ next month. I was close to getting both but passed on them several times, I'm kinda glad I did now.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:13 am

ShadowMan wrote:Happy to see both Remember Me and Vita Strangers Wrath up on PS+ next month. I was close to getting both but passed on them several times, I'm kinda glad I did now.
Remember Me was one of those games I was interested in, but not ultimately enough to pay £40 for - so great to get a go on it via PSN. This really is great way to get access to games

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:36 am

Hitman_HalStep wrote:
Morkin wrote:I'm looking forward to trying out Stranger's Wrath on the Vita as I nearly bought it the other day
oh arse i didn't realise it was for the vita,i should have looked at your link properly.only metal gear for me then.
You must have only joined PSN plus, as Strangers Wrath (ps3 version) was released free a couple months ago on psn plus.

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:24 pm

samhain81 wrote:
Hitman_HalStep wrote:
You must have only joined PSN plus, as Strangers Wrath (ps3 version) was released free a couple months ago on psn plus.
i only started it last month because i will need it for PS4 and to take advantage of the buy 12 months get 3 free offer that was on.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:43 pm

did anybody try Giani Sisters on ps3?

necronom

Post by necronom » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:12 am

Timothy Lumsden wrote:did anybody try Giana Sisters on ps3?
Yes. It was good, though it was quite hard in places. I managed to get right to the last battle in the game and couldn't get past it. It took an hour to get to the end, then I spent two hours re-trying the same fight. In the end I gave up. It doesn't save levels, so I'd have to do the whole level again to ever try it again, which I'll never do.

Apart from the end, I liked it. And it was free, so even better.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:did anybody try Giani Sisters on ps3?
Been playing it recently, parts of it are more Sonic than Mario strangely.
Revengeance and a remember me are two titles I don't own so again it will be a good month!

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:33 am

It's that time of the month. :P

In summary:

Leaving PS Plus:
27th November: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
27th November: Jak and Daxter Trilogy
27th November: MotorStorm RC
27th November: Oddworld Strangers Wrath

Entering PS Plus:
29th November: RESOGUN
29th November: Contrast
27th November: Grid 2
27th November: Guacamelee! (Cross Buy)
27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

Had been planning on buying Grid 2, so that's not bad. And I guess we all go for the PS4 games even if we're not getting one anytime soon.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:53 am

Remember Me is my favourite game of the year (apart from maybe GTA 5). So yeah, get onto that before it goes.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Sonic Transformed is good fun - especially if you have kids - (recommended also for Sega fanboys like me)

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Bluce_Ree wrote:Remember Me is my favourite game of the year (apart from maybe GTA 5). So yeah, get onto that before it goes.
Haven't even played Remember Me yet so will give that a go when decoration of house is finished, nice to see Grid 2 there.

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:59 pm

sscott wrote:
Bluce_Ree wrote:Remember Me is my favourite game of the year (apart from maybe GTA 5). So yeah, get onto that before it goes.
Haven't even played Remember Me yet so will give that a go when decoration of house is finished, nice to see Grid 2 there.
I wouldn't quite go with favourite myself but it's got some nice ideas and is definitely worth a play. Looking forward to Guacamelee, Metroid meets 2D Brawler from what I've read :)

necronom

Post by necronom » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:05 am

I wish they'd put the format in those lists. Grid 2 and Guacamelee! are PS3.

I only just finished Dragon's Dogma last night (189 hours!), then had a quick go on Remember Me. I still have Metal Gear to play. I'm glad we only get two games for the PS3 these days, as it was too much getting three. I seem to spend every waking minute playing the PS+ games. I might catch up now and be able to have a break once in a while, or actually buy a game.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:35 pm

there's a 14day 'free' psn plus trial in Gamesmaster magazine this month.