Stupidest thing you've done thats damaged a game or machine.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

jcdentont1000

Re: Stupidest thing you've done thats damaged a game or mach

Post by jcdentont1000 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:51 am

I work at Grainger and if a customer TELLS us they have damaged it, they can't return it (obviously) and the customer assistant is supposed to mark the receipt accordingly to stop the customer getting a return from another branch. Whereas if it has simply "stopped working" with no obvious signs of physical damage or tampering the customer gets an immediate exchange (assuming it is under guarantee with a valid receipt)
XBox 360 Gamertag: jcdentont1000
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: TBC (Now, where did I leave my 3DS..)

"Trust no one. Question everything."

Mr Kipling

Post by Mr Kipling » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:24 am

I snapped a PS2 GTA Vice City disk in two out of spite last night.. :oops:

Having spent hours doing the tediously boring 'Taxi Driver' side mission just to get the jumping taxis, I'd finally grinded my way to 97 of the 100 required fares, but then the game decided to censored with me and hand out the impossible task of getting from one end of the city to the other in less then a minute. Seeing "You were too slow!" flashing up on the TV to rub my face in it was the final straw..

Eject button pushed, foot on one half of the disk, and pulled the other half upwards with my hands until I heard a satisfying snapping noise..

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:35 am

Why do I let my family borrow all my things?

Brother's just handed me my PSP back with "that" look on his face. Now desperately backing up, formatting and whatnot to try and prevent ALL the data on the Memory Stick from getting corrupted.
16GB - GONE! :(

chapperz

Post by chapperz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:54 am

Reading this thread is making me feel like there may be some truth in the old "video games cause violence" argument!

Only joking folks! Plenty of LOLs in this thread.

I have felt like smashing stuff up at particularly hard missions etc., but a little part of brain tells me not to as could I really afford a replacement?!

Probably cheaper to smash up than pay out for an anger management course, hehe! :lol:

Chapperz
Long live the C64!!

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:39 pm

I was a very angry child and teenager (and even into the start of my young adult years)

Here's the best bits:
  • In a fit of rage, I through a Playstation controller out of the window - the best bits are, the controller was connected to a turned on Playstation at the time, the window was open and the controller flew out and landed in the building site across the street - is it a bird? is it a plane? no, it's a playstation controller! - not only did this result in me needing to replace the controller, it broke the controller port on the Playstation :oops:
  • Kicked the side on my PC tower in rage, the case bent inwards, damaging the CPU cooling fan and heatsync, resulting in an overheating and thus, damaged case, motherboard and CPU.
  • Brought my fist down on a Spectrum +3 keyboard - it dented inwards, but the machine and the keyboard still work fine to this day :lol:
  • Plugged a Commodore 1541-II PSU into a VIC-20 (the connector fits) and well, the inevitable happened, a bit of a strange 'crackling' sound followed by a POP! and a dead VIC-20 :oops:
  • Had a really cheap crappy laptop with a dodgy DVD drive - lost my temper with it when said DVD drive failed to read a disc and brought by fist down on it, snapping the DVD tray 'clean off' - luckily, the laptop was covered by accidental damage cover, so I rang up and claimed it 'fell off' the table :oops:
There's plenty more I could tell you, but you all might think that I'm some raving lunatic who belongs in a padded room :lol:

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:05 pm

We thought that already man :wink:

Where ya bin bud?

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:40 pm

djcarlos wrote:We thought that already man :wink:
LOL :lol:
djcarlos wrote:Where ya bin bud?
Busy with work etc. and spent a lot of time playing and not much forum time at all.