The Street Fighter Thread.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:48 am

:roll:

TheShend

Re:

Post by TheShend » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:57 am

SirClive wrote::roll:
+
SirClive wrote:Be excellent to each other.
= :?: :?

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:00 am

SF + very long posts = sleepy bye-bye

EDIT: Sorry Shendy, just in a bad mood :x

TheShend

Post by TheShend » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:45 am

Wow, alot happens in almost 2 years ^_^ 409 videos to 2377 o_0 Thought I'd share this set with your goodselves as it involves an interesting set-up of one player using 2 seperate characters and having to win with both. Makes it more fun as you see some different characters than normal.

Mi-Ka-Do 1 Man 2on2 Tournament

#1 Ma Junior(CH)(MA) vs Nitto(YU)(GO) *Tremendous*
#2 Misawa(KE)(YU) vs Nitto(YU)(GO)
#3 Heribou(RY)(KE) vs Nitto(YU)(GO) *Woof - loved the 2nd Match!*
#4 Vanao(RY)(OR) vs Takeda(YU)(HU)
#5 Vanao(RY)(OR) vs Hiyokko(OR)(NE)
#6 Vanao(RY)(OR) vs Abu(RY)(IB)
#7 Vanao(RY)(OR) vs Nitto(YU)(GO)

woody.cool

Post by woody.cool » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:18 pm

SirClive wrote:SF + very long posts = sleepy bye-bye
Blasphemy!

Kaede

Post by Kaede » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Official website is up:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:56 pm

Jeez, this thread is proper tomb raiding! But I will say thanks to Mr Shend for digging it out and continuing it rather than starting another one :D (multiple threads on the same topic is a moderators big pet hate . :? ).

TheShend

Post by TheShend » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:40 pm

Anything for you Clive ;)

Anyone from the North West here? Just wanted to let people know that there are regular ranking battles being held in Manchester's Piccadilly Amusements aka Jenny's. 3 have been held already for 3rd Strike but there's Guilty Gear XX Accent Core on the menu as well. If you're interested take a browse here. Next one is on the 2nd Feb and the prize is Vol.7 of the Official Tougeki or Super Battle Opera tournament from last year in Japan. :o

There's an even larger event coming up called Super vs Battle in London on the 29th and 30th March. Again if you want more info keep your eyes peeled to this place.

The other thign that's happened since this thread started has been that the CPSIII board has been emulated, so the SFIII series, JoJo and Wazard(sp?) are now playable in the home ^_^

I bought a 360 Hori EX2 arcade Stick in Gamestation's sale, half price at only £19.98! I've found a working guide to get it working on MAME so I could practice 3rd Strike using a stick. As I've been a staunch Saturn pad man it's taking some time but hopefully I can get back up to proficiency. The only down side is that my PC isn't able to run the game at full speed so I've gone back to an old favourite in Alpha 2, the PC can run that one ok.

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:02 pm

TheShend wrote:Anything for you Clive ;)

Anyone from the North West here? Just wanted to let people know that there are regular ranking battles being held in Manchester's Piccadilly Amusements aka Jenny's. 3 have been held already for 3rd Strike but there's Guilty Gear XX Accent Core on the menu as well. If you're interested take a browse here. Next one is on the 2nd Feb and the prize is Vol.7 of the Official Tougeki or Super Battle Opera tournament from last year in Japan. :o

There's an even larger event coming up called Super vs Battle in London on the 29th and 30th March. Again if you want more info keep your eyes peeled to this place.

The other thign that's happened since this thread started has been that the CPSIII board has been emulated, so the SFIII series, JoJo and Wazard(sp?) are now playable in the home ^_^

I bought a 360 Hori EX2 arcade Stick in Gamestation's sale, half price at only £19.98! I've found a working guide to get it working on MAME so I could practice 3rd Strike using a stick. As I've been a staunch Saturn pad man it's taking some time but hopefully I can get back up to proficiency. The only down side is that my PC isn't able to run the game at full speed so I've gone back to an old favourite in Alpha 2, the PC can run that one ok.
Well I am, but you never get in touch! :evil:

Sort it out and come and see my new place!
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik

TheShend

Post by TheShend » Thu May 29, 2008 3:37 pm

This should tickle the retro buds of a few folk here. Taken from SRK.

Original Thread

[quote="JHOW"]1994 Capcom Official SSF2 Tournament -Super Just Games- Northbrook, IL - Game Footage

Hi all!

I haven’t posted on here in years and it couldn’t be timed better. For some this may be considered the holy grail of footage from back in the glory days, and just in time before the tournament at Nickel City.

I have dug up footage from the first ever official United States tournament from Superjust Games (now Nickel City) from 1994. It is over an hour of documentary/commentary filmed by a fellow Minnesota crew member who incidentally no one has heard from in over 10 years.

For people who were too young at the time to know or appreciate this footage, it came at a time when Super Street Fighter was very new. It wasn’t welcomed as well as Capcom hoped I’m sure due to the severely slow playing speed.

Some highlights of this footage include Mike Watson kicking my ass in the final round (bastard) – sup Mike, and also some classic comments from him as well.

By far the best part of this footage is the elusive beta version of Super Turbo. There is about 10 to 15 minutes worth of footage. Check out the screen explosion when someone gets KO’d by only a special move, not a super.

Many people in the community of course know some of the Minnesota crew, but you will see many people that haven’t been around for over 10 years (none of which even play anymore unfortunately). There is much coverage from two brothers named Jake and Alex who at the time were only 12 and 14 years old. You get to see Jake, the 12 year old, kicking ass in the beta Super Turbo. I was amazed at how I forgot just how good some of the youngsters were back then. This was mainly due to only a couple key competitive players who somewhat molded the Minnesota play style and got us on the map. This molding was also the same reason why I lost to Mike – having no experience against Guile at the time was my demise. There’s also no doubt in my mind that Jake could have very well been a Justin Wong equivalent if he just had stayed with the gaming scene.

I’d also like to add that after watching this for the first time in 10 years I can’t believe how cocky I seemed so please no one take offense. I guess we were all there to prove something though. Mike I’m sure you’ll get a kick out of yourself too. There is also footage of Eddie Ferrier and Steve Warwick. Steve isn’t shown but gameplay between us is. There is a lot more footage of people I have no idea who so if someone recognizes them let’s hear it.

Additionally the cameraman did interviews with random people, some from Minnesota and others from the Chicago area. There was even a guy who I think said he was from one of the Midwest states who said “There’s life and then there’s Street Fighter.â€

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Thu May 29, 2008 6:45 pm

That's cool :)

Some boring players though - hadouken, hadouken, hadouken, hadouken, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri May 30, 2008 6:40 am

Mootown wrote:That's cool :)

Some boring players though - hadouken, hadouken, hadouken, hadouken, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sodding fireballs, even my old school buddies used that tactic, you'd jump over them and then 'hoyuken!" - DAMNIT!

Scooby1970

Post by Scooby1970 » Fri May 30, 2008 12:47 pm

My all-time favourite Street Fighter game is Street Fighter Alpha 3. Up untill lately it was the Dreamcast version, however I recently got the PSP version which is just amazing in every way.

I'm really looking forward to the new Street Fighter for the PS3, and, having said that I'm also looking forward to the new Tekken 6 game which, if as good as 5 :DR on the PS3/PSP will be one of the best years in many-a-year for beat-em-ups.

:) Mark
http://twitter.com/markyboyo
PS3, 360, PS2, PS1, PSP, Wii, DC, Saturn, Megadrive, GBA, DS & more!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:03 am

Some awesome videos, thanks for posting them!
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*